What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight? (1 Viewer)

Yeah. Nice job. We both had the best hand lose a couple times with all ins. I was ready for it to end. Literally had a monkey (my 4yo) on my back for last 10 mins, trying to get me to play.
I have you not paying - if I missed it let me know. I'll subtract $20 from your payout if you didn't pay.

NM: Saw your post above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I had a whole thing typed out with how much everyone got paid out for both games, blah blah blah. But I deleted it by accident.

If there was a mistake last night, let me know. I think I got it all right.

@UniAlias   Hey, can you move the NL tourney up permanently 30 minutes to 8:30pm ET?      We've had good turn outs for the PLO8 at 10pm ET, and I've set that up to run at that time each night.   Don't want them to overlap.  Thanks 

@UniAlias   Hey, can you move the NL tourney up permanently 30 minutes to 8:30pm ET?      We've had good turn outs for the PLO8 at 10pm ET, and I've set that up to run at that time each night.   Don't want them to overlap.  Thanks 
Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.
I think the 5k will be better... thanks!

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.
Maybe slow down the blinds 

Maybe slow down the blinds 
I considered this as well, but they're currently set to 5 minutes, and the next interval would be 10 minutes.  I think that would have a larger time impact than the 3k->5k starting chip stack.  

I guess we'll see how tonight goes.  We can continue to tweak things as the group sees fit.  It just seems like when we have a decent turn-out it quickly devolves into an all-in fest. 

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?
I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getzlaf15 said:
I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.
I'd be on board for that.

And yet another fun night of poker. We do have to figure out the timing, but we'll get it down.

Here are the payouts.

First game (11 players, $220 prize pool)

1. kutta (1st w/ chop of 40% = $88)

2. whodey1989 (@cheese) (2nd w/ chop of 30% = $66 - $20 = $46) - I sent $54 by accident, so if you could send back $8 at some point, Mary will thank you.

3. FBG_Shiznittttt (@SHIZNITTTT)  (2nd w/ chop of 30% = $66 - $20 = $46) - I sent $54 by accident, so if you could send back $8 at some point, Mary will thank you also.

Second game (7 players, $140 prize pool)

1. FBGDRZ (@Getzlaf15) (1st = $100 - $20 for HORSE entry fee = $80)

2. FBG_FDAS (@Fat Drunk and Stupid) (2nd = $40 - $20 for HORSE entry fee = $20)

Third game (4 players, $80 prize pool)

1. kutta (paid out)

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.
Mary wouldn't do that to us.    :D

Completely agree.  I think part of the problem is the folks that join in the late reg period.  They're focused on playing right away. 

Completely agree.  I think part of the problem is the folks that join in the late reg period.  They're focused on playing right away. 
I agree that’s part of it. But it takes like 10 seconds to PayPal money. 

1. Register

2. Pay

It’s a two step process. We got this!

I won’t be playing tonight, so we’ll need someone to be banker. Let me know how the new process works out.

1. Register

2. Pay

In the first 37 hands, I've flopped a set of 9's five times.
How does that even happen?

Maybe I'm on a historic run of bad cards, but I might get pairs pre-flop twice a whole tournament and guaranteed that I get knocked out with someone holding a J-K  or something similar to my 9s. I'm waiting to hear back from an exorcist, but there aren't too many making house-calls during this coronavirus situation.

Nothing to add but I will be donating again this Friday night.  Had far better hands last Friday than I did the Friday before, but still gave it all up in the end.  Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread