Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Nipsey

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight?

1 hour ago, kutta said:

Looks like a game is set for 8 EST tonight? That’s an hour earlier than normal

I spoke too soon - sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

But I'll play a game at 8 EST if we get some players.

17 minutes ago, kutta said:

I spoke too soon - sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

But I'll play a game at 8 EST if we get some players.

I've created a PLO8 Hi Lo game for 10pm ET.  10k starting chips.  And a novel concept of 9 players at each table.  @Nipsey @Don't Noonan  @shuke  @Fat Drunk and Stupid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I've created a PLO8 Hi Lo game for 10pm ET.  10k starting chips.  And a novel concept of 9 players at each table.  @Nipsey @Don't Noonan  @shuke  @Fat Drunk and Stupid

I'm hearing PLO8s are a donk fest. I caught a lot of desperation in the NL game last night.  I'd go for 8-game or Horse?

1 minute ago, rogwadd said:

I'm hearing PLO8s are a donk fest. I caught a lot of desperation in the NL game last night.  I'd go for 8-game or Horse?

Hard to be a donk fest when the best hands are like only 56-44 at best against another.   Didn't see any issues last night.    No one knows any of the other games after HORSE.  We tried HORSE and only 2-4 would play.  Had 7 last night for first PLO8.

20 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Is that a little early since we have a 9 PM EST hold em scheduled? Seems like they might overlap and that makes it harder to get players.

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

Is that a little early since we have a 9 PM EST hold em scheduled? Seems like they might overlap and that makes it harder to get players.

It's Sunday night.   Really need to move game 1 up 30 or 60 minutes so we can actually have a decent game 2.   Most players will be out of game 1.

5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

It's Sunday night.   Really need to move game 1 up 30 or 60 minutes so we can actually have a decent game 2.   Most players will be out of game 1.

But I won’t be out yet...

I’m good with anything really.

I'll bank tonight. Paypal $20 to msavoca at kuttatech dot com

36 minutes ago, kutta said:

But I won’t be out yet...

:popcorn:

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

does this include the PLO8 game?

Yep!

Who is rogwadd on Poker Stars? He owes @20 and I don't know his FBG name.

1 hour ago, rogwadd said:

Just now, kutta said:

• Like 1

@rogwadd, you still owe 20 for tonight. paypal msavoca at kuttatech dot com

18 minutes ago, kutta said:

you get my pymt? rowadd?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kutta said:

@rogwadd, you still owe 20 for tonight. paypal msavoca at kuttatech dot com

I owed $20, but came in 2nd in 8pm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kutta said:

I'll bank tonight. Paypal $20 to msavoca at kuttatech dot com

I took first (that's 2 for 2!). Got really lucky catching an 8 on the river after a pf all-in vs 99 with 88.

Deadlypillow #2, proudho0sier #3

Thanks for banking kutta!

Just now, Mr. Ham said:

I owed $20, but came in 2nd in 8pm.

Nice battle at the end there. Did you have a straight on the last hand?

2 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Nice battle at the end there. Did you have a straight on the last hand?

Yeah. Nice job. We both had the best hand lose a couple times with all ins. I was ready for it to end. Literally had a monkey (my 4yo) on my back for last 10 mins, trying to get me to play.

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Are there any more hold em  tonight? Im in if so

We have a HORSE game starting in 10

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Yeah. Nice job. We both had the best hand lose a couple times with all ins. I was ready for it to end. Literally had a monkey (my 4yo) on my back for last 10 mins, trying to get me to play.

I have you not paying - if I missed it let me know. I'll subtract $20 from your payout if you didn't pay.

NM: Saw your post above.

Edited by kutta

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Late Night HORSE

@kutta

@Getzlaf15

@CGRdrJoe

paypal:  christopherleebrenner at gmail dot com

venmo: @cbrenneral

It was $1500 each, correct?

Yep. $1500 each. I sent you the payment for all.

Edited by kutta
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Well, I had a whole thing typed out with how much everyone got paid out for both games, blah blah blah. But I deleted it by accident.

If there was a mistake last night, let me know. I think I got it all right.

7 hours ago, kutta said:

Well, I had a whole thing typed out with how much everyone got paid out for both games, blah blah blah. But I deleted it by accident.

If there was a mistake last night, let me know. I think I got it all right.

Thank you for the effort you’re putting into this. Very much appreciated.

• Like 3

@UniAlias   Hey, can you move the NL tourney up permanently 30 minutes to 8:30pm ET?      We've had good turn outs for the PLO8 at 10pm ET, and I've set that up to run at that time each night.   Don't want them to overlap.  Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

@UniAlias   Hey, can you move the NL tourney up permanently 30 minutes to 8:30pm ET?      We've had good turn outs for the PLO8 at 10pm ET, and I've set that up to run at that time each night.   Don't want them to overlap.  Thanks 

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniAlias said:

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

I think the 5k will be better... thanks!

20 minutes ago, UniAlias said:

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kutta said:

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

Maybe slow down the blinds 

27 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Maybe slow down the blinds 

I considered this as well, but they're currently set to 5 minutes, and the next interval would be 10 minutes.  I think that would have a larger time impact than the 3k->5k starting chip stack.  

I guess we'll see how tonight goes.  We can continue to tweak things as the group sees fit.  It just seems like when we have a decent turn-out it quickly devolves into an all-in fest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

7 minutes ago, kutta said:

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?

I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

I'd be on board for that.

Game in 20 minutes! New time - 8:30 PM EST

14 minutes ago, kutta said:

Game in 20 minutes! New time - 8:30 PM EST

Too early.  9pm EST works better. :lmao:

3 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

I actually think that will be a popular opinion but I’m already on and ready for 830 tonight 

1 minute ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Pokerstars? 

yes - follow directions in the OP

• Like 1

I'll bank tonight. Send 20 to msavoca at kuttatech dot com

21 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

lol yep, I just went to check the 9 PM game. Oh well

16 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'll bank tonight. Send 20 to msavoca at kuttatech dot com

sent