Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Nipsey

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight?

20 minutes ago, UniAlias said:

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kutta said:

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

Maybe slow down the blinds 

27 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I considered this as well, but they're currently set to 5 minutes, and the next interval would be 10 minutes.  I think that would have a larger time impact than the 3k->5k starting chip stack.  

I guess we'll see how tonight goes.  We can continue to tweak things as the group sees fit.  It just seems like when we have a decent turn-out it quickly devolves into an all-in fest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Maybe ban hold 'em

• Like 1

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

7 minutes ago, kutta said:

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?

I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

I'd be on board for that.

Game in 20 minutes! New time - 8:30 PM EST

14 minutes ago, kutta said:

Too early.  9pm EST works better. :lmao:

3 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

I actually think that will be a popular opinion but I’m already on and ready for 830 tonight 

1 minute ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Pokerstars? 

yes - follow directions in the OP

• Like 1

I'll bank tonight. Send 20 to msavoca at kuttatech dot com

21 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

lol yep, I just went to check the 9 PM game. Oh well

16 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'll bank tonight. Send 20 to msavoca at kuttatech dot com

sent

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, kutta said:

Dang. Why new time? Just showed up.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 1

In the first 37 hands, I've flopped a set of 9's five times.

• Like 1

All the random time changes are making it really easy to plan for these.

Like a well oiled machine....

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Otis said:

you're 2 minutes late for the old time

2 minutes ago, Otis said:

Had to adjust it so the 4 guys who like Omaha can get the game started earlier.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

36 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Had to adjust it so the 4 guys who like Omaha can get the game started earlier.

had 13 last night. played at same time as tonight.  Moved the NL because started with 5k chips, not 3.  Will last longer

HORSE set up for 12:10 AM ET. 

LIMIT game.   5k chips

8 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

HORSE set up for 12:10 AM ET. 

LIMIT game.   5k chips

in

• Like 1

And yet another fun night of poker. We do have to figure out the timing, but we'll get it down.

Here are the payouts.

First game (11 players, $220 prize pool)

1. kutta (1st w/ chop of 40% = $88)

2. whodey1989 (@cheese) (2nd w/ chop of 30% = $66 - $20 = $46) - I sent $54 by accident, so if you could send back $8 at some point, Mary will thank you.

3. FBG_Shiznittttt (@SHIZNITTTT)  (2nd w/ chop of 30% = $66 - $20 = $46) - I sent $54 by accident, so if you could send back $8 at some point, Mary will thank you also.

Second game (7 players, $140 prize pool)

1. FBGDRZ (@Getzlaf15) (1st = $100 - $20 for HORSE entry fee = $80)

2. FBG_FDAS (@Fat Drunk and Stupid) (2nd = $40 - $20 for HORSE entry fee = $20)

Third game (4 players, $80 prize pool)

1. kutta (paid out)

• Like 2

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.

Mary wouldn't do that to us.   :D

• Laughing 2

9 hours ago, kutta said:

Completely agree.  I think part of the problem is the folks that join in the late reg period.  They're focused on playing right away. 

1 hour ago, Ned said:

Completely agree.  I think part of the problem is the folks that join in the late reg period.  They're focused on playing right away. 

I agree that’s part of it. But it takes like 10 seconds to PayPal money. 

1. Register

2. Pay

It’s a two step process. We got this!

I won’t be playing tonight, so we’ll need someone to be banker. Let me know how the new process works out.

1. Register

2. Pay

16 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

In the first 37 hands, I've flopped a set of 9's five times.

How does that even happen?

Maybe I'm on a historic run of bad cards, but I might get pairs pre-flop twice a whole tournament and guaranteed that I get knocked out with someone holding a J-K  or something similar to my 9s. I'm waiting to hear back from an exorcist, but there aren't too many making house-calls during this coronavirus situation.

Nothing to add but I will be donating again this Friday night.  Had far better hands last Friday than I did the Friday before, but still gave it all up in the end.  Ugh.

Tonight we're playing at 7:24pm Eastern, right?

• Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Rating of FBG poker so far, 1-10?

Last night with more starting chips was better.  

13 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

PLO8 in 15

10. min late reg

Is this back? Is it PokerStars laptop online? I got like 40 guys who I could bring but it's a cell app. Also agree with prepay 

33 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

Is this back? Is it PokerStars laptop online? I got like 40 guys who I could bring but it's a cell app. Also agree with prepay 

Yeah we have been playing every night for the past few weeks.  Has to be desktop or laptop, no mobile or Ipad.

23 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

in

clean out your stinky box

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Done.  JZ@PP?

thanks

Who is Hooiser on Stars?

Edited by Getzlaf15