What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight? (2 Viewers)

I honestly lost interest because of the format.  Not much room to play poker with 5k stacks and 5mins blinds.

Local friends are doing the same thing - club on PS with venmo/paypal.  We're playing 20k stacks with 1 rebuy in the first 30mins.  Same 5mins blinds.  Takes about 2hrs to finish and is a lot more fun.  

:2cents:  

I honestly lost interest because of the format.  Not much room to play poker with 5k stacks and 5mins blinds.

Local friends are doing the same thing - club on PS with venmo/paypal.  We're playing 20k stacks with 1 rebuy in the first 30mins.  Same 5mins blinds.  Takes about 2hrs to finish and is a lot more fun.  

:2cents:  
10 min levels made a big difference last night.  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I don't think the blinds made it go long.  We had several people who seemed to disconnect on and off so we had to wait each for the timer to fold them.
Thanks. I keep wanting to get in on this and happened to check in and watch a bit last night, about 90 min in. There were still five in it and no one really short stacked. That's a bit long for me.

Any way we can change the Omaha blinds? Seems like an all-in fest right when it gets to the money. Are the blinds on fast?

FRIDAY NIGHTS will have TWO REBUYS during the first 60 minutes if you get knocked out and want to re-enter.

Just ship another $20 if you rebuy to the banker at the time you rebuy.

The dumb software has an option for "Rebuy."  When I clicked on it, it said, "multiple rebuys are no allowed in play money tournaments."

They have options with rebuys and Add ons.  Don't want to do add ons.  Too much hassle.

So they did have an option for TWO REBUYS and no Add on. So I chose that.

As always, you need 20,000 play chips to play in a tourney.  EACH REBUY requires 17.000 more play chips.

This will be a trial tonight.  If it goes well, we will do it every Friday night.

I'd likely play more if there were a couple nights a week that we did omaha first and holdem last. (first game)

People are playing many more hands in omaha and keeping me interested ... where holdem is a fold fest for most ...then I get board and start playing dumb cards and snap calling all-in's with my "middle pair". 

East coast here so I'm not likely to make it until midnight with the 1030pm start omaha that we're doing now  ... and I'm guilty of falling asleep with the chip lead on one occasion.

I'd likely play more if there were a couple nights a week that we did omaha first and holdem last. (first game)

People are playing many more hands in omaha and keeping me interested ... where holdem is a fold fest for most ...then I get board and start playing dumb cards and snap calling all-in's with my "middle pair". 

East coast here so I'm not likely to make it until midnight with the 1030pm start omaha that we're doing now  ... and I'm guilty of falling asleep with the chip lead on one occasion.
The main problem for some weird reason is almost everyone on the east coast does not want to play before 9pm EST.   Which is odd, because many on the WC have no problem playing Holdem at 6pm and Omaha at 7:30pm.

The games are set to reoccur each day at the same times and there is no "edit' feature once you create a game. And I guarantee if we switched games, someone from the EC would sign up for an early Omaha and not look at the change and still ##### about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main problem for some weird reason is almost everyone on the east coast does not want to play before 9pm EST.   Which is odd, because many on the WC have no problem playing Holdem at 6pm and Omaha at 7:30pm.

The games are set to reoccur each day at the same times and there is no "edit' feature once you create a game. And I guarantee if we switched games, someone from the EC would sign up for an early Omaha and not look at the change and still ##### about it.
I agree. We have to set a time and a game and just stick with it. Everyone won't be happy, but for the most part, what we have is working pretty well.

And there's always the late night drunken HORSE games for those who want to switch things up.

Cashed in the WSOP PLO8 tonight.   Started out strong , and then had a difficult Hour 5. Played 10 above/below bubble the rest of the way. (100 mins).  Paid 126.  When It was down to 127, I was #127.  But I cashed in WSOP for 7th time.   Went out at 113, when Negeanu was moved to my table.  My AKQ4 vs His AQ27.  I turned a K to take lead. He rivered a third 7 to knock me out.

I miss the games! I've been pretty busy lately - anything good going on?

I should be able to play this week at some point...

Users who are viewing this thread