What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coronavirus in baseball (1 Viewer)

RnR

Footballguy
I suppose we should keep a thread here. ☹️

Oakland A's minor league coach Webster Garrison is fighting for his life right now.

From beat reporter Susan Slusser on Saturday: "I’ve gotten confirmation that longtime A’s minor league coach and manager Webster Garrison is on a ventilator and battling COVID-19 in Louisiana. Webster is one of the kindest, friendliest, smiliest people in baseball, please keep him and his loved ones in your thoughts now."

He had a cup of coffee with the A's in 1996. He's only 54.

Former St. Louis Cardinals OF Jim Edmonds was in the emergency room with respiratory issues on Saturday. He tested positive for pneumonia and is awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.

He's home now and updating his status on his Instagram account for those interested in following. Sounds like some initial reports on it may not have been accurate.

Former St. Louis Cardinals OF Jim Edmonds was in the emergency room with respiratory issues on Saturday. He tested positive for pneumonia and is awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.

He's home now and updating his status on his Instagram account for those interested in following. Sounds like some initial reports on it may not have been accurate.
From Cardinals play-by-play man Dan McLaughlin: "I FaceTimed with @Cardinals HOF’r and broadcaster Jim Edmonds today. He’s feeling better and he wanted me to let everyone know how much he appreciated their well wishes. He wanted me to specifically tell everyone..Thank You! He hears you and appreciates it so much. #stlcards"

He followed that tweet by clarifying that Edmonds has not heard back on his COVID test results.

Users who are viewing this thread