Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Bateman

6 musical artists with personal relevance:

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Saw this floating around Twitter. Give me your six. 

It looks like people are taking this as "just put your 6 favorites" - is that what you get out of the personal relevance phrase?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Halen

NWA

Public Enemy

Beastie Boys

Nirvanna

Metallica

Off the top of my head.  

All mean something to me on a "personal" level for different reasons

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

It looks like people are taking this as "just put your 6 favorites" - is that what you get out of the personal relevance phrase?  

No. I took it as meaning artists that you can relate to through your life experiences. I wouldn't say Elliot Smith is one of my top 6 favorite artists, but on a personal level, I can relate to many of his songs. That kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No. I took it as meaning artists that you can relate to through your life experiences. I wouldn't say Elliot Smith is one of my top 6 favorite artists, but on a personal level, I can relate to many of his songs. That kind of thing.

I didn't rank on a relate level per se....

But each one were points of my life I can remember specifically and I relate to that time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

No. I took it as meaning artists that you can relate to through your life experiences. I wouldn't say Elliot Smith is one of my top 6 favorite artists, but on a personal level, I can relate to many of his songs. That kind of thing.

yeah, thanks ...that's what I was expecting, but didn't see anything resembling that when I glanced through the Twitter responses.  

A bunch of us are doing something similar in the "Music of Lives Thread" if you're interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

yeah, thanks ...that's what I was expecting, but didn't see anything resembling that when I glanced through the Twitter responses.  

A bunch of us are doing something similar in the "Music of Lives Thread" if you're interested.

I should have checked that out before I posted this. :wall:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Police

Deftones

White Zombie

Eurythmics

Tribe Called Quest

Depeche Mode

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, belljr said:

I didn't rank on a relate level per se....

But each one were points of my life I can remember specifically and I relate to that time

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.