What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Denver Broncos Thread (1 Viewer)

After the moves thus far, someone else can summarize, i still see needs at these positions (not listed in order)

ILB... Todd Davis aint it

C...not sure we have on one the roster

WR...depth after Sutton is awful

CB... don't trust Callahan to be healthy

We have a lot of draft picks and I think $20mil in cap space left, so hopefully elway makes some moves to shore up known holes.

A lot better than anything we've had since Manning.  He won't be a top 5 qb, but i can see him being a top 10.
I don’t know much about him but he seems like he has a pretty live arm and above average mobility. Hopefully they can add one more pass catching threat to go with Sutton, Fant, Gordon/Lindsey.

After the moves thus far, someone else can summarize, i still see needs at these positions (not listed in order)

ILB... Todd Davis aint it

C...not sure we have on one the roster

WR...depth after Sutton is awful

CB... don't trust Callahan to be healthy

We have a lot of draft picks and I think $20mil in cap space left, so hopefully elway makes some moves to shore up known holes.
ILB has been a hole for years.  I really wish they could get this figured out.  At the very least, figure out how to, for once, cover TE's.  

C - we'll be ok. That spot has been a revolving door for years and it hasn't seemed to hurt (yes, I have blocked the seahawks superbowl from my memory)

WR - obvious need.  Elway ususally has all holes patched heading into the draft so he doesn't broadcast what he will do (Bolles is an exception, I guess)...fortunately there are a lot of good WR's available.

CB: me neither.  I'm also not convinced Bouye is better than Harris, but maybe he's a better for for what Fangio wants to do.

I think we are done in FA.  Elway seems to like having about $10M on space entering the season to be able ot make moves during camp and the season.  I'm not sure what they are projecting the draft picks to cost but there needs to be some room left over for that.

I don’t know much about him but he seems like he has a pretty live arm and above average mobility. Hopefully they can add one more pass catching threat to go with Sutton, Fant, Gordon/Lindsey.
it was more than live arm and mobility that impressed me - he did a lot of the little things like looking off coverage, sliding around in the pocket, and smart check-downs.  His arm reminded me of cutlers, but he didn't make the boneheaded mistakes that cutler did as a rookie (and frankly, his whole career).  The players really seemed to respond to Lock being in the line-up as well - more notable excitement.

With the Broncos investing heavily on RB in Gordon, I think they are trying to be a "run the ball and play good D" kind of team, which means Lock is essentially a game manager type of QB.  I think that's OK, and well within his skill-set.  He doesn't need to play hero ball and win the game himself, all he really needs to do is limit mistakes. That means for FF, he should not be drafted as a starting QB - he is a QB2 at best.  somewhere in the range of 18-24th QB (for fantasy purposes only), which seems about where he is rated right now.

For real football, as a Bronco fan, i'm pretty excited.  It's been a while since we had a decent QB.  Broncos were 7-9 last year - with good QB play, 3 additional wins aren't out of the question.  This team has playoff potential (assuming there is a season).

Von Miller is recovering from a case of COVID-19. 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Miller is "at home resting and in good spirits." Rapsheet reports Miller will speak publicly on Friday. It is unknown if Miller has been around other Broncos players or officials. Rams C Brian Allen was announced as the league's first confirmed case of COVID-19 on Wednesday, but the reality is there are probably several dozen players infected. Elite athletes, NFL players are in the demographic that should mostly be untroubled by the coronavirus, but as we have learned, the disease can be arbitrary and capricious. Hopefully the cases remain low and there are swift recoveries for all.  

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Apr 16, 2020, 5:43 PM ET

Rumors of Broncos moving-up are heating up.  

2020 NFL Draft: Latest Buzz Surrounding Every NFL Team BRENT SOBLESKI APRIL 17, 2020

...According to The Athletic's Michael Lombardi, the Denver Broncos are trying to swing a deal with the Browns.

Denver Broncos Willing to Trade Up for Top WR

..."There's talk of the Broncos moving up in the first round to get one of the top wide receivers," NFL Network's Peter Schrager wrote.
With the remote NFL draft and possible hiccups with technology people have said it will be less-likely any deals will take place when teams are on the clock so it is possible that if a deal is really in the works that we'll see it before the draft kicks off so their won't be any possibility of it not going down.

Bracie Smathers said:
Rumors of Broncos moving-up are heating up.  

2020 NFL Draft: Latest Buzz Surrounding Every NFL Team BRENT SOBLESKI APRIL 17, 2020

With the remote NFL draft and possible hiccups with technology people have said it will be less-likely any deals will take place when teams are on the clock so it is possible that if a deal is really in the works that we'll see it before the draft kicks off so their won't be any possibility of it not going down.
The Broncos are in a good spot. I think that if Isaiah Simmons somehow slipped to 10 Denver would be all in and move up. I could see them stay at 15 and hope that Ruggs falls to them. Jevon Kinlaw wouldn't be a bad pick either. I could see them trade back a few spots and then grab Kenneth Murray who I really love. I think they may be a good candidate to trade back into the first and grab a WR. Denzel Mims has been talked about. I love his film but they say he pushes off a ton and won't be able to get away with that in the NFL. The Broncos have a lot of picks to maneuver with.

Trading up for a WR in this draft is one of the dumbest moves ever. You already have Sutton. You can get a top WR in the 2nd if you are good at evaluating. They probably want Riggs and he's no sure thing.

Trading up for a WR in this draft is one of the dumbest moves ever. You already have Sutton. You can get a top WR in the 2nd if you are good at evaluating. They probably want Riggs and he's no sure thing.
I'd prefer Denver moves down than move up. Elway has a much better record moving down than up. If Denver moves up I hope it's into the back end of the first for a WR.

If a team is good at evaluating and they really like the player then moving up makes sense especially if you have the draft capital. No player is a sure thing. How a WR fits with the team is huge. Ruggs would be the perfect compliment to Sutton. That speed can allow you to do so many things. He has great hands with only one drop last year. He is tough and extremely athletic. I think a lot of people are thinking he is another John Ross. He is John Ross +++.

Best case scenario is Ruggs falls to 15. If he doesn't I think Denver should trade down and grab Kenneth Murray. 

I'd prefer Denver moves down than move up. Elway has a much better record moving down than up. If Denver moves up I hope it's into the back end of the first for a WR.

If a team is good at evaluating and they really like the player then moving up makes sense especially if you have the draft capital. No player is a sure thing. How a WR fits with the team is huge. Ruggs would be the perfect compliment to Sutton. That speed can allow you to do so many things. He has great hands with only one drop last year. He is tough and extremely athletic. I think a lot of people are thinking he is another John Ross. He is John Ross +++.

Best case scenario is Ruggs falls to 15. If he doesn't I think Denver should trade down and grab Kenneth Murray. 
If they want speed and don't get Ruggs, I would prefer they wait and take someone like Reagor or Mims. Honestly, there is so much depth in this WR class, they need to do their behavioral interviews well.

If they want speed and don't get Ruggs, I would prefer they wait and take someone like Reagor or Mims. Honestly, there is so much depth in this WR class, they need to do their behavioral interviews well.
I agree! They could stay put at 15  and get a solid player and then do what they have need to do to get one of those guys. I really love Mims.

Where the frick are my Bronco peeps?

I'm now hearing the Broncos want Jeudy. Maybe a smokescreen.

There have been rumors that they will move up for an O lineman. Doesn't sound likely. 

Well damn my eyes, Jeudy fell in their lap and they didn't have to trade up. 

The NFL sometimes... 

Drew Lock has to smiling from ear-to-ear. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Gordon, Lindsey....Denver smart knowing they have to compete with Mahomes for the next decade.

Drew Lock has to smiling from ear-to-ear. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Gordon, Lindsey....Denver smart knowing they have to compete with Mahomes for the next decade.
They're going to be fast and tough to defend for sure.  Don't like Hamler but he's the kind of guy that might get 1 catch a game but be crucial on the field.  If he can get safeties to respect him, those other WR/TE's are gonna feast.

Lock gets his old TE too, plus OL help on top of the WR's.  Gotta think he was the one making all of these picks!

Stoked about this offense so far.  2 days in, and initial reports are glowing about Jeudy.  Also hearing really good things about Lock taking the reigns.  Lindsey apparently is stronger and now that his wrist is healed, he is catching everything.  Sutton with a few drops today, but he had a rough camp last year too. 

You know, Elway has taken some flack wrt personnel.  But in a blink,  suddenly this offense is loaded with young talent at all skill positions:

QB: Lock (23) - 2nd round QB who seems to get it

RB:  1st round talent in Gordon(27).  As a bonus, add pro-bowler in Lindsay (26)

TE: Fant(22), 1st round talent in 2nd year.

WR: Sutton (24), a 2nd rounder who already has a pro-bowl and 1k season.  Jeudy(21), 1st rounder, Hamler(21), 2nd rounder.

Every spot has a 1st or 2nd round player under 27.  You could go 11 personnel and every single skill player is a 1st or 2nd rounder under 27.  If Lock pans out, this O will be solid for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoked about this offense so far.  2 days in, and initial reports are glowing about Jeudy.  Also hearing really good things about Lock taking the reigns.  Lindsey apparently is stronger and now that his wrist is healed, he is catching everything.  Sutton with a few drops today, but he had a rough camp last year too. 

You know, Elway has taken some flack wrt personnel.  But in a blink,  suddenly this offense is loaded with young talent at all skill positions:

QB: Lock (23) - 2nd round QB who seems to get it

RB:  1st round talent in Gordon(27).  As a bonus, add pro-bowler in Lindsay (26)

TE: Fant(22), 1st round talent in 2nd year.

WR: Sutton (24), a 2nd rounder who already has a pro-bowl and 1k season.  Jeudy(21), 1st rounder, Hamler(21), 2nd rounder.

Every spot has a 1st or 2nd round player under 27.  You could go 11 personnel and every single skill player is a 1st or 2nd rounder under 27.  If Lock pans out, this O will be solid for years.
I like your optimism. :cool:

So many unknowns with the season in general thanks to COVID, but the Broncos are certainly loaded with a lot of young talent on offense. Hopefully, it all comes together, although one of their starting offensive tackles opting out doesn't help.

Not sure how other fans of the team feel, but even though the team has been ravaged by injuries, this season should spell the end of the Elway era.  Props for the 2015 Super Bowl win, but this team has been a mess since, and he seems incapable of finding a good head coach or QB (Lock was looking iffy this year before the injury, albeit a small sample size).  A massive overhaul at the top is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread