What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you eat more slices of pizza or pb&j sandwiches in one sitting? (1 Viewer)

Which one?

• Plain pizza slice

Votes: 160 96.4%
  • PB&J sandwich

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

NutterButter

Footballguy
Was driving back from my ex-wife's house and needed to get some food.   Everything is closed around here so I just stopped into the supermarket.   Was originally leaning hot dogs but decided on some good old fashioned peanut butter and jelly with milk; delicious.   Knocked down the first couple with no affect on my hunger.  It dawned on me that this is a similar lack of satiety that I get when I eat pizza.   Made it up to 5 before I stopped out of pure shame.  I could easily have kept going.

Was driving back from my ex-wife's house and needed to get some food.   Everything is closed around here so I just stopped into the supermarket.   Was originally leaning hot dogs but decided on some good old fashioned peanut butter and jelly with milk; delicious.   Knocked down the first couple with no affect on my hunger.  It dawned on me that this is a similar lack of satiety that I get when I eat pizza.   Made it up to 5 before I stopped out of pure shame.  I could easily have kept going.
If there's heaven, there's pizza.

We were eating some Papa Murphy's last week and I ate 3 slices in the first three minutes. 

I have to force myself not to eat all of the pizza when we have it.  It takes a conscious effort.  If I'm not paying attention, I just keep shoveling it in until it is gone.

Nailed it.   I can eat ten slices of pizza.  No way that I’m getting past 4 PBJs.   
I really think you're overestimating how much pb&j's fill you up.   I was really hungry so I just kept going, but I made it through 5 and it didn't make a difference.     

Get the hell outta here.   You're telling me you can put down 20 sizes of pizza, but you cant finish more than 2 pb&j sandwiches.    :lol:   Calorie wise, since they're pretty equivalent, that's about 6000 to 600.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody else gonna take the lay up? Ok, I'll do it. Username checks out. 

Also, it's pizza by a mile for me. PB&J is my go to lunch and I don't think I've ever eaten more than two in one sitting. Pizza? I'll eat it until there's none left.

Minimum 4:1. A whole pie is like nothing. I can't imagine ever wanting to each more than two PB&Js in a sitting.
Not really what I'm asking but i guess that has relevance that I'm not considering since I actually enjoy pb&j's; not as much as I enjoy pizza but I do enjoy them.  The question was more focused on what you could eat more of not what you'd want to eat more of.

I really think you're overestimating how much pb&j's fill you up.   I was really hungry so I just kept going, but I made it through 5 and it didn't make a difference.     
jeebus man, you're a maniac.

between the pb&js and milk - your stomach should have blown up like that blueberry kid in Willy Wonka.  

Nobody else gonna take the lay up? Ok, I'll do it. Username checks out. 

Also, it's pizza by a mile for me. PB&J is my go to lunch and I don't think I've ever eaten more than two in one sitting. Pizza? I'll eat it until there's none left.
I do love me some peanut butter.   I spoon that stuff right out of the jar.

jeebus man, you're a maniac.

between the pb&js and milk - your stomach should have blown up like that blueberry kid in Willy Wonka.  
i was a little surprised myself.   i've never knocked down that many before but probably more b/c i didn't have the desire.   For some reason tonight, it just felt right.

Not really what I'm asking but i guess that has relevance that I'm not considering since I actually enjoy pb&j's; not as much as I enjoy pizza but I do enjoy them.  The question was more focused on what you could eat more of not what you'd want to eat more of.
Yeah I've been focusing on the "want to." Based on some of the other responses, I think a lot of us were reading it that way.

Peanut butter is trash.

Go ahead & @me.  I will die on this hill.
How can you say such terrible things.  And I'm talking about the full blown artificial kind with all the delicious added sweeteners.   I don't even understand that all natural crap.  If you're gonna do peanut butter at least get the crap that tastes oh so delicious.

Yeah I've been focusing on the "want to." Based on some of the other responses, I think a lot of us were reading it that way.
Yeah, I was getting that vibe as well.    This experiment has become a complete failure.  This is why I hardly start posts.

well, I am a later life diabetic type II so the bread, milk and jelly is no great for me.

but I do have cravings sometimes - and have to admit, just one isn't enough ...but 2 pb&js make me way too full. Also, I jazz mine up - it sounds weird but it's pb, jelly, american cheese slice, bacon bits and red pepper flakes.  It must also include plain chips on the side.  

The milk is a super-stomach bloater, but I gotta have it.   :bag:

Dude.  You buried the lead.  Did you buy these?   Or did you buy a loaf of crusty sourdough, a jar of chunky Skippy, and a jar of Smucker's strawberry preserves and spread the pb&j with your finger?

If it's the Uncrustables it might change peoples' answers drastically.

Pizza wins this hands down, especially in this crowd. Why?

You can throw a box of pizza on a coffee table, open and have 8-10 pieces sitting there glaring you. There is no barrier to stoppage.

With pb&j, you make a sandwich and sit down. You eat it, and think: I might be able to eat another. But you don’t. You’d have to get up off the coach, walk back to the kitchen, make another sandwich, and go back to the couch.

That ain’t happening with this crowd.

Dude.  You buried the lead.  Did you buy these?   Or did you buy a loaf of crusty sourdough, a jar of chunky Skippy, and a jar of Smucker's strawberry preserves and spread the pb&j with your finger?

A lot of wonderful options here.  I'm more of a martin's potato bread guy.  I really don't get fancy with my pb&j.  I love some preserves and sourdough is obviously great, but I tried going that route before and it just didn't work for me.   Martin's, regular skippy and grape jelly is where I'm at.    I've never tried the uncrustables.   Worth a go?

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Pizza wins this hands down, especially in this crowd. Why?

You can throw a box of pizza on a coffee table, open and have 8-10 pieces sitting there glaring you. There is no barrier to stoppage.

With pb&j, you make a sandwich and sit down. You eat it, and think: I might be able to eat another. But you don’t. You’d have to get up off the coach, walk back to the kitchen, make another sandwich, and go back to the couch.

That ain’t happening with this crowd.
So you suggest that next time, I just whip up 8-10 sandwiches before eating my first?  You see, this is why I still come to this place even with the overbearing moderating.

A lot of wonderful options here.  I'm more of a martin's potato bread guy.  I really don't get fancy with my pb&j.  I love some preserves and sourdough is obviously great, but I tried going that route before and it just didn't work for me.   Martin's, regular skippy and grape jelly is where I'm at.    I've never tried the uncrustables.   Worth a go?
Oh ####### right on!

Uncrustables are ok. Sort of like the Digiorno's of PB&J though. Not a real sandwich.

I pictured you scarfing Uncrustables in the car, like a slice of pizza each.  OR...

Making PB&J's in the car.  Didn't even consider you'd take it all home and have half a dozen pb&j sandwiches at home.

If that is what we are doing, I could peel apart the top layer of King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls from the bottom layer, spread with chunky and Smukcer's Strawberry Simply Fruit and MOW DOWN.  Might do that tomorrow.  I mean, what else am I gonna do?  EXERCISE?!  :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread