What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One America News Service (OANS) questions (2 Viewers)

File this under: "Things that never would have flown in ANY prior administration." The POTUS pimping a third-rate "news network" while in office as his son attempts to invest in said network. 

Also, how is he going to appear on DTPN (Donald Trump Propaganda Network) after losing the election? It'll be really hard to do if he's wearing stripes and shackles after a litany of indictments drop on his psychotically-coifed head in January.

The fun aspect of this would be watching Fox's talking heads turn on him like a Sit-N-Spin if he actually goes through with it.

And now will be bashed by many on the right...I see Posobiec already in the comments.  Same people who complain about cancel culture...do the exact same thing when someone turns on them (and say almost nothing about how POTUS participates in such things for those who don't show loyalty).  Somehow, people don't have a problem with IG's losing their job, or generals getting bashed by POTUS and the right...

And now will be bashed by many on the right...I see Posobiec already in the comments.  Same people who complain about cancel culture...do the exact same thing when someone turns on them (and say almost nothing about how POTUS participates in such things for those who don't show loyalty).  Somehow, people don't have a problem with IG's losing their job, or generals getting bashed by POTUS and the right...
I think they understand that he's a football coach and had to do this. OSU fans and boosters on the right surely want him to do this. 

Just smooth it over and go on making millions on the backs of unpaid labor. Pretend you didn't really know the extent of a network's message even though you ordered a freaking T-shirt. Seriously, how many "news" network T-shirts have you even seen in your life.

Better a wink-wink apology than having to hire some liberal coach. 

Even with that said, I think the outrage is a little over the line.  He's a football coach in Oklahoma. This wasn't a shock. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they understand that he's a football coach and had to do this. OSU fans and boosters on the right surely want him to do this. 

Just smooth it over and go on making millions on the backs of unpaid labor. Pretend you didn't really know the extent of a network's message even though you ordered a freaking T-shirt. Seriously, how many "news" network T-shirts have you even seen in your life.

Better a wink-wink apology than having to hire some liberal coach. 

Even with that said, I think the outrage is a little over the line.  He's a football coach in Oklahoma. This wasn't a shock. 
I can understand the “outrage” or “shock” from the players inside the program, but I agree from the outside looking in this isn't shocking at all. 

Could any conservatives give me the lowdown on this network?

Why would libs think somebody was a racist who watched it? That’s the question we should be asking.

Before this Gundy thing, I had never heard of it. A couple people on FB said they had tuned in before & I know they aren’t racist. They’re not. 

A lot of libs have a very vivid imagination & they, themselves, are the intolerant ones. It’s a poor look & shows a lack of not only tolerance, but character.

Gundy was one thing. An impressionable kid who popped off without thinking & made Gundy look bad. After a meeting, all is good, LOL, but the hurt doesn’t go away. It’s nonsense.

What I want to know is do any of you guys REALLY believe a person is racist if they tune in?

Could any conservatives give me the lowdown on this network?

Why would libs think somebody was a racist who watched it? That’s the question we should be asking.

Before this Gundy thing, I had never heard of it. A couple people on FB said they had tuned in before & I know they aren’t racist. They’re not. 

A lot of libs have a very vivid imagination & they, themselves, are the intolerant ones. It’s a poor look & shows a lack of not only tolerance, but character.

Gundy was one thing. An impressionable kid who popped off without thinking & made Gundy look bad. After a meeting, all is good, LOL, but the hurt doesn’t go away. It’s nonsense.

What I want to know is do any of you guys REALLY believe a person is racist if they tune in?
Did he get called a racist simply for watching it?  

Also...its not hard to find out more about the network from anyone...it leans far right, they promote conspiracy theories and propaganda, and simply lies.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/oann-one-america-news-network-bias-and-reliability/

They are basically worse than Fox as a network...and as a source on par with places like RedState, Conservative Treehouse and so on...not reliable.  On the left they would even been less reliable as a place like MSNBC or Vox.

Did he get called a racist simply for watching it?  

Also...its not hard to find out more about the network from anyone...it leans far right, they promote conspiracy theories and propaganda, and simply lies.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/oann-one-america-news-network-bias-and-reliability/

They are basically worse than Fox as a network...and as a source on par with places like RedState, Conservative Treehouse and so on...not reliable.  On the left they would even been less reliable as a place like MSNBC or Vox.
Still not as bad as CNN. 

Meanwhile, OAN's report on the Tulsa rally contained lots of carefully-cropped photos, along with almost no mention of crowd size. But it did include some glowing quotes direct from the Trump campaign itself ("...millions of people had tuned in.....online").

YouTube just banned OANN for 1 week for posting COVID misinformation. Oof.
Google allows a lot of crap on YouTube.  But I do think there is a limit, and if false info during a raging pandemic is spreading on their channel, they have every right to act.

Another example of YouTube being perfectly fair to both left and right. No bias there. Or Twitter. Or Facebook. Or Instagram. Or Wikipedia . . . . . . . . . .
Bias against misinformation...sure...unless you have evidence that they would not have banned another source for promoting the same misinformation about a deadly virus.

Another example of YouTube being perfectly fair to both left and right. No bias there. Or Twitter. Or Facebook. Or Instagram. Or Wikipedia . . . . . . . . . .
I'm not on youtube all that much unless I have to figure out how to fix something...don't have twitter or instagram...do have facebook.  Is there a lot of misinformation being spread by "the left" on youtube?  I see it all over facebook and it seems to come from both left and right, though the misinformation from the right is just bat#### crazy while the misinformation from the left is more like opinion states as fact or words taken out of context and twisted (typical political stuff we've seen for decades) etc...still misinformation in my view.

Maybe people that get banned on those sites should stop lying?  

Bias against misinformation...sure...

...still misinformation in my view.

Yeah,  they have a strong bias against outright lies. 
I see, big tech doesn't have a bias against conservatives, they're just taking a noble stand against the lying liars telling lies.

I'd have a lot more respect for those who have the stones to say "that's right YouTube/Twitter/etc is left leaning, if you don't like it go make a conservative version." Just own it. Pretending they're unbiased at this point - and then blaming those banned/deplatformed/shadowbanned/etc - is either willful ignorance or political cowardice.

I see, big tech doesn't have a bias against conservatives, they're just taking a noble stand against the lying liars telling lies.

I'd have a lot more respect for those who have the stones to say "that's right YouTube/Twitter/etc is left leaning, if you don't like it go make a conservative version." Just own it. Pretending they're unbiased at this point - and then blaming those banned/deplatformed/shadowbanned/etc - is either willful ignorance or political cowardice.
Easier I guess to make unsubstantiated claims like this I guess?

Yes...I will blame OAN for lying...its what they do.  The shadow banned thing has been discussed and shown to be a pretty bogus accusation.  Repeating it wont make it true.

Can you give a list of tech/media that is NOT left leaning in your world view? It seems like an awful lot of the world is against you.

Can't speak for any of the others you've quoted, but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take my comments out of context and twist them to your narrative.  The phrase of mine you clipped was talking about the Democrats specifically....kinda ironic.  

To your overall point, you have a correlation vs causation issue....especially with the bold.  In my experience in this very field for the better part of 30 years, I know none of the programs I ever wrote or designed considered the political leanings of the individual, because, well, that's impossible.  Everything reacts with the 1s and 0s posted as analyzed by an algorithm that flags content for review.  If a person says Donald Trump is a piece of #### it's flagged regardless of if it's a conservative, liberal, moderate etc.  It's reacting to the words.  Knowing this, if you feel there's a slant towards a group, that means that group is most likely saying those things.  

If you read my entire post you'd see that it's my position that there is plenty of it that goes around.  And that's the reason I asked the question.  Is there a bunch of "liberal" misinformation being thrown about on youtube?  I'd like to watch some of the examples you are referring to.....TIA.

ETA:   should also point out there are plenty of places "conservatives" can go and say whatever they want.  Plenty of "tech" supports their voice from Breitbart, to OAN, to Conservative Treehouse, to Newsmax, to Info Wars to CNS News, to Judicial Watch, to Daily Caller......I could go on for days.

Easier I guess to make unsubstantiated claims like this I guess?

Yes...I will blame OAN for lying...its what they do.  The shadow banned thing has been discussed and shown to be a pretty bogus accusation.  Repeating it wont make it true.
I'm not talking about election fraud here.  Shadow banning is a thing. I didn't invent it - I'm not that creative, sorry. 

Can you give a list of tech/media that is NOT left leaning in your world view? It seems like an awful lot of the world is against you.
Not really a matter of my world view - and no is against ME. But as a I come across repeated examples - I prefer to make a mental note if it's a pattern and not a one time outlier. I was in denial about Twitter for a long time because I'm such a huge fan of the platform. Growing up in the tech field, I was big defender of most of the platforms - some of the leaders were my heros, so I certainly wasn't out for any of them. 

Can't speak for any of the others you've quoted, but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take my comments out of context and twist them to your narrative.  The phrase of mine you clipped was talking about the Democrats specifically....kinda ironic.  

To your overall point, you have a correlation vs causation issue....especially with the bold.  In my experience in this very field for the better part of 30 years, I know none of the programs I ever wrote or designed considered the political leanings of the individual, because, well, that's impossible.  Everything reacts with the 1s and 0s posted as analyzed by an algorithm that flags content for review.  If a person says Donald Trump is a piece of #### it's flagged regardless of if it's a conservative, liberal, moderate etc.  It's reacting to the words.  Knowing this, if you feel there's a slant towards a group, that means that group is most likely saying those things.  

If you read my entire post you'd see that it's my position that there is plenty of it that goes around.  And that's the reason I asked the question.  Is there a bunch of "liberal" misinformation being thrown about on youtube?  I'd like to watch some of the examples you are referring to.....TIA.

ETA:   should also point out there are plenty of places "conservatives" can go and say whatever they want.  Plenty of "tech" supports their voice from Breitbart, to OAN, to Conservative Treehouse, to Newsmax, to Info Wars to CNS News, to Judicial Watch, to Daily Caller......I could go on for days.
Completely agree on the bolded - and apologies  I just quickly clipped the 4 responses following mine.

I'm not talking about election fraud here.  Shadow banning is a thing. I didn't invent it - I'm not that creative, sorry. 
Ive posted links disputing its use.

And Im not talking election either...but yes I blame liars when they get punished for lying.  I don't blame those who enforced the punishment.

Why would I say that, when I don't believe it's true?   These sites are all flagging BS nonsense that isn't true.   Over and over.  Just pure gibberish.

Conservatives are calling it bias - which it is - a bias toward truth.   Why would you want a bias toward outright lies?  Seriously, help me understand why you want to be spoonfed things that are misinformation?

Why would I say that, when I don't believe it's true?   These sites are all flagging BS nonsense that isn't true.   Over and over.  Just pure gibberish.

Conservatives are calling it bias - which it is - a bias toward truth.   Why would you want a bias toward outright lies?  Seriously, help me understand why you want to be spoonfed things that are misinformation?
The argument from Trump supporters seems to be "Everyone tells lies on social media, but it's unfair that only Trump supporters get suspended for it."

Which is a bit like saying "Everyone has broken the law, but it's unfair that only convicted murderers get executed for it."

:confused:

I don't want a bias towards lies and I don't want to be spoonfed. Not sure where you're getting any of that.

If you don't see it that's cool - just one of those "agree to disagree" things - but I'm certainly not making it up.

:confused:

I don't want a bias towards lies and I don't want to be spoonfed. Not sure where you're getting any of that.

If you don't see it that's cool - just one of those "agree to disagree" things - but I'm certainly not making it up.
Fair enough.  Respectfully disagree, and will accept that difference.

Happy Thanksgiving Norville.

Users who are viewing this thread