What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could You Do 2,400 Push Ups in 12 Hours? (1 Viewer)

Binky The Doormat

Footballguy
The gambling guy, Jonathon Bales, who helped start The Action Network made a bet that he could and got a lot of side bets ...over a million dollars worth if the whole thing is to be believed.  

He's on the last couple of hours now on Twitch.  

He's at 2,174 with a little over a couple of hours to go.  Looks like he's gonna do it.  

That whole crews seems a little scammy - Peter Jennings, Levitan, etc.  

16 hrs awake

150 per hour

i usually do 100 (4 x 25) during the course of my daily cardio workout - which lasts roughly 30-35 minutes. 

that would put me ahead of schedule, but the arms would feel like lead after the first 500 or so ... if coin were on the line it would be one hell of a motivator, tho ...

🤔

ETA: just noticed it specified they had to be done in TWELVE HOURS, not over the course of a day, as i alluded to.

TOUGH ... very tough.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell No, and much has to do with your build as well.

Perfect Chins ups are much harder than pushups.  We used to have chin contests at the gym I trained.  How many chins you could do in 15 minutes.   I have always weighed 210-215.    First set I could do  do around 15, second, 12, third 8, then 5-6 tops.   The guys who weigh 150-160 were cranking out 20, then dropping off 1-2 per set.  The lighter guys seemed to fare better in the pushups as well.

Hell No, and much has to do with your build as well.

Perfect Chins ups are much harder than pushups.  We used to have chin contests at the gym I trained.  How many chins you could do in 15 minutes.   I have always weighed 210-215.    First set I could do  do around 15, second, 12, third 8, then 5-6 tops.   The guys who weigh 150-160 were cranking out 20, then dropping off 1-2 per set.  The lighter guys seemed to fare better in the pushups as well.
I don't know how tall he is but this Bales guy isn't a lightweight. He's pretty jacked. 

No, I definitely couldn't do it.

Why do you think Jennings and Levitan seem scammy?
They are both reasonably likable characters.  I enjoy their podcasts, but Pete has been caught up in some very suspicious DFS activity.  Same for Al Zeidenfeld.  

a bunch of stuff on @samsondftruth on the twitter machine.

Yes. It's much harder than most think. But a good sign that you are in decent shape and good cardiovascular health. 
No, I think its EXACTLY as hard as people think and I'm guessing the % of people over 30 that can do it is single digits.

2400 divided by 12 = 200 per hour = 1 push up every 18 seconds

I am in my mid 50's and a 210 pound couch potato now, but I think I could've done this at age 40.  Back then I was in the military, weighed about 165, and ran about 8-10 miles a day, five days a week.  I was gonna start doing a push up every 18 seconds and see how long I could last, but I am too lazy.

I am in my mid 50's and a 210 pound couch potato now, but I think I could've done this at age 40.  Back then I was in the military, weighed about 165, and ran about 8-10 miles a day, five days a week.  I was gonna start doing a push up every 18 seconds and see how long I could last, but I am too lazy.
19 seconds.       :hey:

10 years ago I'd take it on.

Now.. :lmao:   :homer:   :own3d:

They are both reasonably likable characters.  I enjoy their podcasts, but Pete has been caught up in some very suspicious DFS activity.  Same for Al Zeidenfeld.  

a bunch of stuff on @samsondftruth on the twitter machine.
Gotcha. Yeah, I like them on the DraftKings Edge podcast but I wasn't aware of any possible DFS activity. Not too surprising I guess.

Would reveal nothing about heart health. 
it could reveal a great deal about heart health, inasmuch that it would certainly reveal existing blockages if one were taxing themselves too rigidly. 

my regular BPM is roughly 65 ... you know your limit by taking your age and subtracting it from 220 ... e.g. my max output (before danger zone) would be 169 (220 minus 51).

i usually push to roughly 145 when i'm at peak exertion ... so plenty to spare. 

but someone in poorer heart health might push beyond that - it's the basic premise behind stress tests, in a way. 

difference is that one is professionally supervised during a stress test ... conversely, some weekend warrior, trying to score some coin on a physical feat beyond his cardio means, isn't.  if existing blockages are taxed far too much, well ... the outcome could likely be catastroohic. 

This seems doable, 50 pushups every 15 minutes.  Now if you also had to drink two pints of beer every hour that would be a challenge.

Been doing 100 a day for a quarantine challenge. 2400 of anything is a lot let alone push ups. First couple hundred would probably be ok but as the time wears on, your arms are going to feel like jello. At some point you'd be lucky to finish 25. 

Been doing 100 a day for a quarantine challenge. 2400 of anything is a lot let alone push ups. First couple hundred would probably be ok but as the time wears on, your arms are going to feel like jello. At some point you'd be lucky to finish 25. 
You think? I mean, it's a lot of recovery time

You think? I mean, it's a lot of recovery time
For the specific challenge above, 2400 push ups in 12 hours works out to about a push up every 18 seconds, give or take. I don't feel like that's a lot of recovery time but I'm old and tired.

trying to knock out big sets (50, 100) is likely to make you fatigue faster. trying to do 100 every half hour would gas you after a few  hours. your best bet would be to break it up into manageable chunks, like 33 every 10 minutes, or maybe even 17 every 5 minutes. you could even start with 17 every 5 minutes, then after a couple hours go to 16, then 15, etc.

trying to knock out big sets (50, 100) is likely to make you fatigue faster. trying to do 100 every half hour would gas you after a few  hours. your best bet would be to break it up into manageable chunks, like 33 every 10 minutes, or maybe even 17 every 5 minutes. you could even start with 17 every 5 minutes, then after a couple hours go to 16, then 15, etc.
This is why the guy from action network never did more than a set of 6 the whole way.

Users who are viewing this thread