What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Support Struggling Veterans and Get Some Fresh Coffee (1 Viewer)

Ilov80s

Footballguy
My brother-in-law is a veteran of the Navy and runs a coffee roaster in Chicago. All of his employees are veterans- most have battled homelessness, mental health issues and unemployment. He had a lot of regular customers with Chicago restaurants but obviously those orders are gone. If you want some fresh beans shipped to your house, support a good cause and a good small business, I would appreciate it. He's a great guy and has 3 young kids who I adore and have talked about on here before. He gave up a very lucrative career in medical lobbying to build this business from the ground up over the last few years and we hope he can keep it alive through all of this. 

Local news story on their efforts to keep open

Order here

Or if you just want to help keep the employees paid through a GoFundMe, Every $10k allows him to pay his employees for another month. He's over 5k now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Funded some quid. Nothing large -- hopefully every bit makes a difference. We've got tons of coffee here so I went direct.
It seems trivial, but I have like $9 split between two gift cards.  Is there an easy way to donate this remainder to a good cause?

ETA: Pretty sure I just asked a dumb question.

Tried to order 4 lbs of Cup o Joe.   When you put it in the cart, it says it's $49 (buy 3 get one free, so that's right), but when you go to check out 2 of the bags disappear and the charge goes down to $32.  

Tried to order 4 lbs of Cup o Joe.   When you put it in the cart, it says it's $49 (buy 3 get one free, so that's right), but when you go to check out 2 of the bags disappear and the charge goes down to $32.  
I will mention that to him. I tried it and had the same issue with 12oz. I didn’t with 16oz. I texted my BIL and he’s having his web person look at it. Thanks for looking out.

He said it’s an issue with their web host and they are tying to fix it. He said if you order 3 bags and make a note about the technical glitch and the free 4th bag, they would honor it.

Got my coffee today  - just came to the door. I'm going to bust out the dark roast tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it!

Anyone got recommendations on a coffee bean grinder?

I have one already, but I prefer my coffee without cumin and paprika infusions.  I see a 4-star Amazon-branded device for $13, but the reviews lead me to believe it's a flawed device.  I'll spend several more $$ on a good recommendation.

ETA: The Java Presse hand grinder looks interesting, but I'm turned off by the upsell.   $44 for the device with a coupon for a $22 bag of beans.  WTF!  Sell me the device for $22 and call it a day.

I have one already, but I prefer my coffee without cumin and paprika infusions.  I see a 4-star Amazon-branded device for $13, but the reviews lead me to believe it's a flawed device.  I'll spend several more $$ on a good recommendation.

ETA: The Java Presse hand grinder looks interesting, but I'm turned off by the upsell.   $44 for the device with a coupon for a $22 bag of beans.  WTF!  Sell me the device for $22 and call it a day.
I use this. Nothing fancy but works well and has been durable.

We have the stainless version of this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DHK1PT5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Good news is they got some money from the small business loans. Luckily they weren’t with a big bank but a local credit union who actually tried to help small businesses. 

He also said thanks to everyone as they noticed a big uptick in traffic from “some fantasy football website”. He’s not a fantasy football guy but he said he might have to check it out after the amazing response.

Order entered. 

I'm pulling for them.
Coffee came last week. I finished my other coffee and opened the package this morning.  Package is kinda funky but it does good job of keeping the grounds fresh.

Coffee is very good. I got the dark roast  and even that is not as bitter as Starbucks  or Peets. Think Dunkin with more body.  Would order again.

Any way...bump for a good cause.

Coffee came last week. I finished my other coffee and opened the package this morning.  Package is kinda funky but it does good job of keeping the grounds fresh.

Coffee is very good. I got the dark roast  and even that is not as bitter as Starbucks  or Peets. Think Dunkin with more body.  Would order again.

Any way...bump for a good cause.
Funny you bumped this as I saw my BIL yesterday. They didn't get nearly as much of the small business loan as they had asked for. He has now had to layoff his whole staff though between the Go Fund Me and unemployment, they should be doing ok financially. They are just dead since their business was almost entirely based on providing coffee for restaurants, hotels, etc in Chicago. He is trying to work the online sales to keep things afloat but it's unlikely to ever come close to the bulk orders you get from the hospitality industry.

Thanks for the support

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
His Apple Pay setup is flawless. 

just ordered a 5# night ops. 
That's good because his web host was having some technical issues about a month ago and some of the orders weren't processing correctly. 

Funny you bumped this as I saw my BIL yesterday. They didn't get nearly as much of the small business loan as they had asked for. He has now had to layoff his whole staff though between the Go Fund Me and unemployment, they should be doing ok financially. They are just dead since their business was almost entirely based on providing coffee for restaurants, hotels, etc in Chicago. He is trying to work the online sales to keep things afloat but it's unlikely to ever come close to the bulk orders you get from the hospitality industry.

Thanks for the support
Damn. That sucks. I’ll keep ordering as long as he can keep roasting 🙂

Bumping this because

A) Tomorrow is Veterans Day

B) Today is Marine Corp anniversary and they're offering 20% off with discount code SEMPERFI

C) It's pretty good coffee 

Looks like they're bringing their product to Amazon.

link

To celebrate the launch of our Cup O' Joe whole bean medium roast on Amazon we're doing something special.

The first 5 customers who order our Cup O' Joe on Amazon today will get a FREE Veteran Roasters t-shirt! 

For a limited time, you will also receive a secret 🎅  discount. Use discount code “DXK4H3FK” to save 20% off Cup O’ Joe on Amazon.

Enjoy your coffee!

whoops just realized that is whole bean only
I highly recommend the whole bean. It's a little more work because you need a grinder but the coffee is better.  Also thanks for the support here. He's happy he has at least managed to keep the doors open during this time. 

I highly recommend the whole bean. It's a little more work because you need a grinder but the coffee is better.  Also thanks for the support here. He's happy he has at least managed to keep the doors open during this time. 
Still drinking night ops.  It's become my favorite :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread