What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did my first Devy draft after 18 years... AMA (1 Viewer)

Iceman03

Footballguy
How stupid. I watched Trevor Lawrence get taken ahead of Burrow, Tua, Kyler, Chubb, MT and an endless litany of players. I’m not even certain he’s better than Justin Herbert who I’m not sure is better than Blaine Gabbert. 🙄 Questions: fire away. 

How many years does the Devy draft go back into the college ranks?

Did you announce that "IT=info, kid?"

Did Trevor Lawrence even play that well this year?

Bated breath here. 

How many years does the Devy draft go back into the college ranks?

Did you announce that "IT=info, kid?"

Did Trevor Lawrence even play that well this year?

Bated breath here. 
Can go all the way into high school. No Lawrence was kind of mediocre. Youngest guy has been the QB from UNC. It’s a fun format but it really enhances the dbaggery of I am so smart X player is a stud. Guess that may benefit me since I only like to win and not be “right” about players.

Can go all the way into high school. No Lawrence was kind of mediocre. Youngest guy has been the QB from UNC. It’s a fun format but it really enhances the dbaggery of I am so smart X player is a stud. Guess that may benefit me since I only like to win and not be “right” about players.
The font I bolded was what was the IT=info thing was getting at. Some guy posted a legendary post many years back here about guys in junior high players down to their nicknames he already had for them. Turns out two out the three he listed, in addition to it being a hilarious post, wound up being pros. It's considered one of the legendary moments on these boards, both in humor at the time, and in retrospect. I'll see if I can't dig it up. @Walking Bootalways can find it, seemingly.

What draft position did you have and who did you draft? I'm curious. As you might be able to tell, I generally like shooting the breeze about people's teams, which might be rare, but we're all cooped up here so it seems more normal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How stupid. I watched Trevor Lawrence get taken ahead of Burrow, Tua, Kyler, Chubb, MT and an endless litany of players. I’m not even certain he’s better than Justin Herbert who I’m not sure is better than Blaine Gabbert. 🙄 Questions: fire away. 
Crazy. What was the first pick that  had you really unsure?

Because I wrote it ;)

Do a forum search for "Isaiah Weeks" and it should pop up. 

But IT=INFO was around for years before that, I was making fun of it in the post since all of the "serious" FF guys used to say it as their shark cred without a hint of irony all the time. 
LEGEND!

You've given me so many damn laughs with that if that was really you. God Bless, GB. 

The font I bolded was what was the IT=info thing was getting at. Some guy posted a legendary post many years back here about guys in junior high players down to their nicknames he already had for them. Turns out two out the three he listed, in addition to it being a hilarious post, wound up being pros. It's considered one of the legendary moments on these boards, both in humor at the time, and in retrospect. I'll see if I can't dig it up. @Walking Bootalways can find it, seemingly.

What draft position did you have and who did you draft? I'm curious. As you might be able to tell, I generally like shooting the breeze about people's teams, which might be rare, but we're all cooped up here so it seems more normal. 
Superflex, SF scoring. I had 1.03 and took Saquon because I don’t have him in any other league. Nothing really left me shook or nervous about who I was picking. I feel comfortable taking guys who have proved it at the NFL level even in regular dynasty. You can always dart throw your way through young devy talent, especially with that portion of the roster being limited. Kind of a trip seeing where Julio and a lot of the RB’s fell though.

Superflex, SF scoring. I had 1.03 and took Saquon because I don’t have him in any other league. Nothing really left me shook or nervous about who I was picking. I feel comfortable taking guys who have proved it at the NFL level even in regular dynasty. You can always dart throw your way through young devy talent, especially with that portion of the roster being limited. Kind of a trip seeing where Julio and a lot of the RB’s fell though.
Yeah, Saquon is someone to covet. I didn't really think you'd be shook or nervous, I think ilov80s is playing with you. Where did Julio go? I just traded him for somebody a lot younger and kind of near his smell test in dynasty, though I got three-quarters on the dollar because of Julio's age vs. his production.

Any specifics on the RBs or other roster things? Inquiring minds and all...

Yeah, Saquon is someone to covet. I didn't really think you'd be shook or nervous, I think ilov80s is playing with you. Where did Julio go? I just traded him for somebody a lot younger and kind of near his smell test in dynasty, though I got three-quarters on the dollar because of Julio's age vs. his production.

Any specifics on the RBs or other roster things? Inquiring minds and all...
Julio fell into the sixth. The format sort of leant itself to RB’s falling but you had guys like Conner and Mack almost make it to the double digit rounds. I really need to find some $ best balls like Draft.com used to be.

Because I wrote it ;)

Do a forum search for "Isaiah Weeks" and it should pop up. 

But IT=INFO was around for years before that, I was making fun of it in the post since all of the "serious" FF guys used to say it as their shark cred without a hint of irony all the time. 
Those were the days.

Serious bidness and all that lol.

So I have four tier 1 WR’s (Reagor, Lamb, Jefferson, Shenault) in this draft with Juedy, Mims and Claypool as tier 2 guys. In the supposed deepest WR class in history only Lamb, Jeudy and Reagor are off the board and Chase, Pickins, Bateman, Justyn Ross and Waddle have gone over everyone else. Now I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. We have taxi spots and can’t just pick up devy guys but... I just don’t understand. Those guys are going to have flaws in testing too. 

3rd tier for now. I’m big on production. I’m sure he’ll go in the top half of round 1 which will bump him into tier 2 most likely.
Gotcha. No, as Dr. Dan just made sure I knew, breakout age for Ruggs III. At all. So production is limited in terms of volume. But a quarter of his touches to the house? Sick. Hands catcher. Check.

If the team getting him doesn't just use him to stretch the field and he grows into the oft-cited T.Y. Hilton comparison, that's a thing of beauty. But I get where you're coming from. Lot of bust potential there. 

Gotcha. No, as Dr. Dan just made sure I knew, breakout age for Ruggs III. At all. So production is limited in terms of volume. But a quarter of his touches to the house? Sick. Hands catcher. Check.

If the team getting him doesn't just use him to stretch the field and he grows into the oft-cited T.Y. Hilton comparison, that's a thing of beauty. But I get where you're coming from. Lot of bust potential there. 
I think there is a path to success for him. I’m not a hater. There is a mitigation of risk though. It may mean he doesn’t see any of my teams however. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reads like you should clean up in this league while everyone else hoards lottery ticket (even if blue chip) devys. If Julio can fall to the 6th, you should be able to draft a 2-3 year dynasty just by ignoring the devys and drafting a studly starting lineup. 

SF changes some things and I hope you've adjusted for that, but it doesn't change things so much as to explain all the devys going before proven studs...it just explains the young QB fetish happening. Lawrence before not only established studs like MT but also before Kyler and Burrow at the same position is...something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread