What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Fast Food Burger or Chicken Sandwich? your top 3 (1 Viewer)

IMAX 3D

Footballguy
I wanted to do a poll but there's just way too many. 

This is a debate long overdue.

Rules:

No fast casual (5 guys etc).

No subs, hoagies, grinders, heroes, etc. 

No hot dogs

It's a piece of meat between 2 buns with stuff on it. That's it. 

That's it.

Wendy's Spicy Chicken and In & Out standard burger to me are the top of the mountain but I want to hear thoughts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken:

• Popeye's Spicy
  • Chick Fil A Spicy Deluxe
Burgers

• Super Sonic Double Cheeseburger
  • Whataburger Double Cheeseburger w/ Jalapenos
  • In&Out Double Double Animal Style

1) Checkers Spicy Chicken
2) Checkers Buffalo Chicken
3) Big Mac (In n Out double double animal style was a close 4th but it's basically the same thing)

Double Smokestack from Shake Shack.

Double Double from In-n-Out

Spicy Deluxe from Chick-fil-A (but I bet Popeye's is better)

Double Smokestack from Shake Shack.

Double Double from In-n-Out

Spicy Deluxe from Chick-fil-A (but I bet Popeye's is better)
Pretty good list here. But make it a double double animal style. 

BK's original chicken sandwich
McDouble minus pickle
Baconator

I went very basic, but have to say the original chicken sandwich from BK has long been a favorite

Burger:

WhataBurger - Wish they'd get one up here as I got my family hooked on our last trip to Texas. :kicksrock:  

Culvers Double Cheesburger 

McDonald's Quarter Pounder 

White Castle cheeseburger 

rallys/checkers baconzilla - it’s like a Wendy’s baconator but good

Popeyes spicy chicken 

How is Wendy's Spicy Chicken not the top of everyones list? Also Burger King's classic chicken sandwich is the best item ever if you're high
Wendy’s Spicy and Chick-Fil-A Spicy are tied for me at the top.  Followed by a sack full from Krystals (them buns best be soggy!) and Arby’s Half Pound Roast Beef in 4th Place/Honorable Mention.

I’m not some foodie snob by any stretch, but in general I just don’t like fast food burgers.  I’ll have them once in a while, but those spicy chicken sammiches are where it’s at!  As for Krystals, that’s like comfort food with a side of fond memories of drunken adventures from my youth.  Lastly, Arby’s comes with curly fries and you can’t argue with that.

Wendys Spicy Asiago  - its the same spicy chicken with bacon, cheese, and some dressing. 

Chik Fila spicy

Probably go with an Arbys Beef n Cheddar   mmmmhmmm  with those curly fries

No mention of the Mc-Crib ??? (just kidding)

About a week ago, with the family bored and looking for dinner, I decided to venture out and then went to Chick Fila to buy their regular Chx Sandwich via drvie thru and then went to a Popeyes nearby.  Brought all of them home and we had an unoffical taste test.   Doing it at the same time lets you really compare the two.
Most of us said Chick Fila had a better sandwich "meat" and I think the Popeye's sandwich uses  King's Hawaiian buns (which are slightly sweeter).

I've had them.....but next I'll think about adding the BK chx and Wendys to the mix.
Or compare some of the Spicy Chxn sandwiches

How is Wendy's Spicy Chicken not the top of everyones list? Also Burger King's classic chicken sandwich is the best item ever if you're high
1.  Because chick-fil-a makes a better one. 
2. BK classic chicken isn’t a bad drunk/high option, but there I’d prefer a bag of White Castle. 

A ton of love for a quarter pounder here.

For the uninitiated, is it seasoned differently or something from their usual burgers? I thought the play was just that it's a bigger burger, not necessarily better. 

I like Chik Fil A - I just find it over rated. I'd take a wendy's spicy chicken any day, something about just the plain mayo and crispy lettuce. 

1. Baconator - Wendy’s 

2. Big Pal - Pal’s

3. Frisco Breakfast Sandwich - Hardee’s 
I am always disappointed when I get this.  I am not sure what it is about it but it seems like the ratio is off in some way.  It just tastes blah.  Not enough bacon to meat or not enough sauce or something.  I have never been able to place what the problem is exactly.  The flavor ratio is just off.

I am always disappointed when I get this.  I am not sure what it is about it but it seems like the ratio is off in some way.  It just tastes blah.  Not enough bacon to meat or not enough sauce or something.  I have never been able to place what the problem is exactly.  The flavor ratio is just off.
I agree. I actually really think the Dave's Single is pretty good quality for a fast food burger. Seems like that same meat with more meat and bacon would only get better. Oddly, it doesn't. 

1.  Sourdough Jack - Jack in the Box:  Delicious and perfectly sized.  I can inhale two without breaking a sweat.  Might have a slight addiction to these, but happy to report it's been 14 months since I had one.
2.  Spicy Chicken Sandwich - Wendy's:  When there were a limited time only item I used to celebrate the era like it was Mardi Gras or March Madness.  Always added pickles to mine.  Pleased as punch that my oldest son shares his love of these.  Can't recall the last time I had one of these, so I think it's time to amend that.
3.  Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese - McDonalds:  Yes, I know it's not the best fast food burger out there, but man, sometimes these things just taste so gosh darn good.  Last trip to McDonald's was for a BigMac to show Shuke that I'm the superior eater.  Again, it's probably been a few years since I had the QPw/Cheese so I think I'm overdue a trip to the drive-thru to relive my past.

Chicken:  Wendy's Spicy.....by far

Burger:  Tie between Rally's(Checker's) Big Buford and Sonic's Double

1. Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
  2. Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich
  3. Chick-Fil-A Deluxe

1. Shake Shack double cheeseburger
  2. Burger King Double Whopper with Cheese -- a sloppy mess, but actually a tasty burger with toppings that taste "real"
  3. McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese

A ton of love for a quarter pounder here.

For the uninitiated, is it seasoned differently or something from their usual burgers? I thought the play was just that it's a bigger burger, not necessarily better. 

I like Chik Fil A - I just find it over rated. I'd take a wendy's spicy chicken any day, something about just the plain mayo and crispy lettuce. 
They switched to fresh beef a year or so ago, it’s pretty damn good.  I actually got a double Big Mac today, it was ok, those patties are sad.  I think the shark move would be to order a Big Mac with quarter pounder patties, I’m sure it can be done 

It’s because their patties are tasteless loafs of beef, a far cry from their former selves

When Wendy's runs the "2 for $5" I have a hard time passing one without driving through and picking up 2 spicy chickens. Love 'em!

1. Arby's Half-Pounder - saw this Arby's look-a-like on GrillinFools on FB yesterday 🤤.
2. Chick-Fil-A either Spicy Deluxe or Grilled Club (swap w/Pepper Jack Cheese)
3. Can't figure out a third, we normally do CFA or McD maybe Arby's we do plain old ordinary burger take out. Don't like McD burgers.

Way-back when it first came out, I loved the McRib. In those glorious styrofoam containers. The one that came out recently was just not good. 

Honorable Mention: A couple years ago, McD had the Signature Crafted Swiss Mushroom Melt Burger. Loved it. Now that it's gone, I usually get a pair of original McMuffins whenever we go.

Users who are viewing this thread