What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Fast Food Burger or Chicken Sandwich? your top 3 (1 Viewer)

Was anyone else lucky enough to experience the Jalapeno McDouble at McDonald's?

I still have dreams.  At any given time, I may be passing on a McD's and would somehow steer through and crush 2 just for the hell of it.

This is what you do:

Go to Chick-Fil-A, get a couple sammiches (at least 1 spicy)

Hit Red Lobster after, get a bag of Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Go home, slice the biscuit, put the chicken in, BOOM!  Chicken Cheddar Bay Biscuit Sammich!  You are guaranteed to self-isolate to the bathroom for a while after, but it’ll be worth it
Whoa

Was anyone else lucky enough to experience the Jalapeno McDouble at McDonald's?

I still have dreams.  At any given time, I may be passing on a McD's and would somehow steer through and crush 2 just for the hell of it.
Yep - they’ve eliminated a lot of tasty items over the years. In addition to the bacon smokehouse burger I mentioned up thread, the jalapeño double, grilled onion cheddar burger, buffalo ranch McChicken, and chicken snack wraps are all a distant memory as well. :kicksrock:  

i think wendy's right now has some fired jalapeno burger. I was drunk when I ate it so I dont remember if it was good. I think it was

Even if there was one next to my house I’m not sure I would go often - their customer service may be the worst I’ve seen.  I’ve been twice to get the sandwich and I’m not exaggerating that I waited almost 45 minutes total 
The nearest Popeye's to me isn't that bad.  They are nice, but they are slow (although not 20 minutes a pop slow).  Mainly every Popeye's I've been too has a dirty/greasy vibe to it.  ChickFilA is clean and uplifting :)

dkp993 said:
Absolutely brilliant! We go to Red Lobster about twice a year and if I’m honest it’s only because of the craving for the biscuits.  
you know.. they sell the mix and you can make it yourself without having to actually, you know, go to Red Lobster!

CHICKEN:  Chik-fil-A spicy is #1, Popeyes spicy #2, Wendy's spicy #3.  To me it's consistency, the Chik-fil-A spicy sandwich is perfect every single time.   Popeye's stiffs you on the sauce sometimes, and since the chicken is huge the sandwich feels dry.  Wendy's is hit and miss, when that sandwich is on it's great but no consistency there.  

BURGER:  Mushroom & swiss from Whataburger is my all-time favorite drive-thru burger.  Spicy ketchup for the fries.  Man I want to go there right now just thinking about it. 

Also just want to mention - try the Sausage Egg & Cheese at Whataburger on the Jalapeno Cheddar bun.  Best breakfast sandwich I've ever found.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Wait, what? I need to know more.

Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream at DQ -- their cones and Blizzards are unrivaled. I know there are Wendy's Frostee devotees out there, but they are misguided fools. DQ has best soft serve, hands down, ever.

But the rest of their food? I need to know more because I have an opposite viewpoint.

In general I've avoided food there as while any fast food place can be modularized, strikes me that with food not being their main staple (as opposed to ice cream) their set-up, preparation techniques, and overall attention to that side of the menu would be lacking.

That was confirmed for me when I've had their chicken strips -- the one and only thing I've tried from their food menu -- and they were horrid. I mean, I have a huge salt tooth but these were surprisingly too salty even for me. And while I love me all crispy fried breaded food, they weren't exactly crispy and the breading was too mealy and overpowered any chicken that was actually in there. 

As a caveat, I have not tried their burgers -- I've seen them and they look really small and the toppings -- basic ketchup, mustard, and wavy cut pickles -- leave a lot to be desired. Buns look basic whitebread.

Their fries are an abomination.

So what am I missing here?
So much this.  Their simple burgers are good in a pinch, but overall their food is far below average.  And their fries are HORRIBLE.  Maybe Krystal's level bad

1. Carl's Jr Famous Star (no cheese)

2. In N Out Double Single (2 meat 1 cheese), add pickles

3. Burger King Whopper (no onions, extra pickles) 

I already eat a lot of chicken, so I rarely get a Chicken Sandwich

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Double Whataburger with Cheese (although their Breakfast Burger has become my go-to for my weekly cheat meal more times than not)

2. Sonic Double Cheeseburger (Tots and Cherry Limeaid and a corn dog if I'm feeling fat might add to the total package, but still a darn good burger)

3. In-and-Out Double Double (slowly coming around on their fries well done, but the burger has always been top-notch)

1. Double Whataburger with Cheese (although their Breakfast Burger has become my go-to for my weekly cheat meal more times than not)

2. Sonic Double Cheeseburger (Tots and Cherry Limeaid and a corn dog if I'm feeling fat might add to the total package, but still a darn good burger)

3. In-and-Out Double Double (slowly coming around on their fries well done, but the burger has always been top-notch)
:hifive:

1. Carl's Jr Famous Star (no cheese)

2. In N Out Double Single (2 meat 1 cheese), add pickles

3. Burger King Whopper (no onions, extra pickles) 

I already eat a lot of chicken, so I rarely get a Chicken Sandwich
What is the point of skimping on the cheese? Plus if you go animal style it includes pickles and other gooey goodness.

What is the point of skimping on the cheese? Plus if you go animal style it includes pickles and other gooey goodness.
Yeah i dunno he special requests are weird. 

Also if you're going Carl's get the guacamole bacon one. 

Yeah i dunno he special requests are weird. 

Also if you're going Carl's get the guacamole bacon one. 
I eat just about any food, there’s very little I don’t eat but I have a couple of weird food things:

1. I refuse to eat gas station food - just won’t do it

2. Certain items that I absolutely love I won’t eat at fast food places - mushrooms, jalapeños and guacamole- I can’t even really explain it, in my mind they aren’t any good because it’s coming from a fast food place - and I have no qualms about eating fast food.

I eat just about any food, there’s very little I don’t eat but I have a couple of weird food things:

2. Certain items that I absolutely love I won’t eat at fast food places - mushrooms, jalapeños and guacamole- I can’t even really explain it, in my mind they aren’t any good because it’s coming from a fast food place - and I have no qualms about eating fast food.
I'm with you on the gas station food. It definitely has a high gross factor to it. The ####ty little Circle K breakfast burritos actually don't taste bad in a salty fast food kind of way, but there's immediate regret after eating it. 

Can't say I can join your distrust of those items from a fast food place. They have regulations, I assume they're refrigerated most of the day, and they're not commonly purchased items so I don't worry about them being left out. Also, for what those silly facebook articles have to say about former employees giving the lowdown on the fast food places they worked at, it's items like the meat, drink dispensers, and fryers that seem to be the much bigger worry. 

You've never had West Texas gas station chimichangas, 3 for $1. 

We called them burritos, but they were beyond fried.

Whoa, looks like I've stumped Google Image search.  ETA: Wait, I think I see one at 9 o'clock.

I'm with you on the gas station food. It definitely has a high gross factor to it. The ####ty little Circle K breakfast burritos actually don't taste bad in a salty fast food kind of way, but there's immediate regret after eating it. 

Can't say I can join your distrust of those items from a fast food place. They have regulations, I assume they're refrigerated most of the day, and they're not commonly purchased items so I don't worry about them being left out. Also, for what those silly facebook articles have to say about former employees giving the lowdown on the fast food places they worked at, it's items like the meat, drink dispensers, and fryers that seem to be the much bigger worry. 
For realz though, Speedway here does a breakfast pizza.  If you time it right, and it's fresh, it's amazing.....

I prefer Shake Shack to the others, but in my experience they usually have at least 3x the wait as an In and Out. 
Agree with this and their burgers are pretty much off the grill.  Most of the others like burger king have their meat in plastic bins under heat lamps (no thanks).  Seems none of the fast food burger places serve up fresh cooked anymore but just luke warm hockey pucks.

Western bacon cheeseburger 

double double animal style extra spread

Then I started wondering why there isn’t a carne asada burger and well dih I went down the rabbit whole and I know what I’m making this weekend.

Agree with this and their burgers are pretty much off the grill.  Most of the others like burger king have their meat in plastic bins under heat lamps (no thanks).  Seems none of the fast food burger places serve up fresh cooked anymore but just luke warm hockey pucks.
I think the Whopper is flame broiler. 

Anyone who doesn't have a Popeye's Spicy Chicken Sandwich at #1 on their list, should consider kicking themselves in the balls until they pass out.
Yup. Popeye's Spicy Chicken is number one, Five Guys double is number two (fifteen dollars!) and In-N-Out Double/Double w/cheese is number three for me, Chik-fil-A running fourth with their spicy sandwich.

Yum.

I just assume those things have been sitting there for a month 🤢
Must not be many east coast guys here.  Wawa's let's you customize the sandwich through touchscreen ordering and makes everything up fresh.  Their breakfast stuff is some of the best fast food breakfast sandwiches.  Haven't had lunch there as I only visit for work.  

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Wait, what? I need to know more.

Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream at DQ -- their cones and Blizzards are unrivaled. I know there are Wendy's Frostee devotees out there, but they are misguided fools. DQ has best soft serve, hands down, ever.

But the rest of their food? I need to know more because I have an opposite viewpoint.

In general I've avoided food there as while any fast food place can be modularized, strikes me that with food not being their main staple (as opposed to ice cream) their set-up, preparation techniques, and overall attention to that side of the menu would be lacking.

That was confirmed for me when I've had their chicken strips -- the one and only thing I've tried from their food menu -- and they were horrid. I mean, I have a huge salt tooth but these were surprisingly too salty even for me. And while I love me all crispy fried breaded food, they weren't exactly crispy and the breading was too mealy and overpowered any chicken that was actually in there. 

As a caveat, I have not tried their burgers -- I've seen them and they look really small and the toppings -- basic ketchup, mustard, and wavy cut pickles -- leave a lot to be desired. Buns look basic whitebread.

Their fries are an abomination.

So what am I missing here?
not sure but have never heard thought the strips were salty. Don't get me wrong, they are not close to the best but for FF they are really good IMO. I am a big fan of their fries, not even close to an "abomination".

The flamethrower burger is great for those that like spicy https://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Menu/Food/US/Combos/GrillBurgers/FlameThrower-Grillburger-/

Maybe just not your thing.

Must not be many east coast guys here.  Wawa's let's you customize the sandwich through touchscreen ordering and makes everything up fresh.  Their breakfast stuff is some of the best fast food breakfast sandwiches.  Haven't had lunch there as I only visit for work.  
Taylor Pork Roll, egg and cheese ftw

edit: Kaiser roll

Chicken:

1) Popeye's Spicy

2) Chick Fil A Spicy Deluxe

Burgers

1) Whataburger Double Cheeseburger w/ Jalapenos

2) Super Sonic Double Cheeseburger

The leaders are WELL out in front. The kings of their craft. 

Corporation said:
The nearest Popeye's to me isn't that bad.  They are nice, but they are slow (although not 20 minutes a pop slow).  Mainly every Popeye's I've been too has a dirty/greasy vibe to it.  ChickFilA is clean and uplifting :)
I don't do chicken sandwiches.  Like until the recent frenzy, they were just never on my menu. 

The Poepeye's near me looks like it time-traveled from the 70s.  It's not bright.  It's dubious on clean.  The self-serve soda is jacked up by being too small and in the middle of the ordering line.  It's overrun by sketchy JHS and HS kids a lot of the time.  If you go at peak times there are ill-formed lines snaking through the seating and they move slow.  They either need you to take three cracks at stating your order, or they screw it up.  It's an awful experience.

But that spicy chicken sandwich?  Everything about it is perfect and worth all that other stuff.

Chicken:

1) Popeye's Spicy

2) Chick Fil A Spicy Deluxe

Burgers

1) Whataburger Double Cheeseburger w/ Jalapenos

2) Super Sonic Double Cheeseburger

The leaders are WELL out in front. The kings of their craft. 
This guy knows things.

This is true. Going back to a previous discussion, to clarify, I don’t consider wawa to be “gas station food.” That’s at least the level of fast food. 

And after a night out a meatball, oil, provolone, oregano, Parmesan, salt and pepper, and toasted bun is pretty amazing. 

I noticed that extra cheese made it taste too salty. I tested this out more than once. One cheese is perfect for me.

This is true. Going back to a previous discussion, to clarify, I don’t consider wawa to be “gas station food.” That’s at least the level of fast food. 

And after a night out a meatball, oil, provolone, oregano, Parmesan, salt and pepper, and toasted bun is pretty amazing. 
When the fam and I travel east, we make a plan to stop for gas at a Sheetz to grab food. Excellent food.... but I wouldn't consider it fast food at all. I could fill up my tank five times in the time it take for them to prepare food. Which is why I use that time to take a dump, and then we're all set to continue our road journey. 

When the fam and I travel east, we make a plan to stop for gas at a Sheetz to grab food. Excellent food.... but I wouldn't consider it fast food at all. I could fill up my tank five times in the time it take for them to prepare food. Which is why I use that time to take a dump, and then we're all set to continue our road journey. 
Sheetz... it's not just our name, it's subliminal advertising.

I think the Whopper is flame broiler. 
Cooked ahead of time and put in a warming bin.  I also thought they moved away from flame broiled and the burgers come with the so called broiled lines on them.  Either way most burgers are not fresh off the grill.

Cooked ahead of time and put in a warming bin.  I also thought they moved away from flame broiled and the burgers come with the so called broiled lines on them.  Either way most burgers are not fresh off the grill.
What is this theory based on? I'm talking about the Burger King beef Whopper, not "most burgers".

Users who are viewing this thread