What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Future Vacation Planning in this COVID-19 World. Are you booking anything? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Although I doubt many of us would be willing to attend a concert, sporting event, etc. in the next few months, are you planning or booking any trips for the future?  Are you waiting until we get a clearer picture?

July 4th?

Labor Day?

:coffee:

The Mrs. talked about visiting her brother over Memorial Day. I think it’s too soon to tell.

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for late July out of Seattle.  It was supposed to be our 30th anniversary celebration and was booked prior to this blasted pandemic.  We agreed to wait until June before we decided whether to cancel or re-schedule for a future date.

I'm not booking anything new, but I'm just waiting to figure out how much I'm going to lose on cancellations of trips I've already got planned. I've got (currently) non-refundable tickets on Delta in the middle of June to fly to Bozeman for a race outside of Yellowstone/Yellowstone/Tetons/Jackson Hole. 

Delta currently has a policy of letting you cancel even non-refundable flights departing from now until the end of May. If they push that back far enough to cover my tickets, I'll cancel right away.

If that doesn't happen and the parks are open and the race happens? No clue what I'll do. I'm from one of the last states to act, so I'm half expecting travel restrictions for the summer anyway. 

we normally do Disney in the summer, but we were already taking this year off. We do have plans to visit Williamsburg VA with another family in July. I have a friend there and they said they got hit hard by the virus, so we don't know if we are still going to keep that. 

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for late July out of Seattle.  It was supposed to be our 30th anniversary celebration and was booked prior to this blasted pandemic.  We agreed to wait until June before we decided whether to cancel or re-schedule for a future date.
IDK if you know, but the Canadian gov't has closed its docks to any ship over 500 people until July 1st. I know thats before your cruise, but something to keep an eye on whereas the gov't has more say over your cruise than the cruiseline. 

IMO cruises will be the last travel venue that will be fully operational. 

After buying a condo in Boise, we put all vacation plans aside and intended on visiting Boise for one week each month and a little longer in July. We laid out the schedule for the whole year. Now it looks like the first chance we can get to go out there, we'll probably stay for a month or two, if not even longer. We'll sell our house in NY even faster than planned and hopefully move there full time by the fall. Permanent vacation!

IDK if you know, but the Canadian gov't has closed its docks to any ship over 500 people until July 1st. I know thats before your cruise, but something to keep an eye on whereas the gov't has more say over your cruise than the cruiseline. 

IMO cruises will be the last travel venue that will be fully operational. 
Yeah, we kinda figure at this point there is about a 2% chance it'll actually happen, but at the speed things have happened, we agreed to wait until June and see what it looks like then.  My guess is that we'll re-schedule for next year.  Personally, I don't care much for cruises, but my wife loves them and this has been on our bucket list for years.  It was this or a trip to Italy.    :wall:

We have these trips scheduled:

May 16-23: Cabo - haven't cancelled yet but this one isn't likely to happen

The ones below are still scheduled but I honestly have no idea if they're going to happen. I think the October trip is likely to get rescheduled since there are a group of us going and I'm not sure if everyone (or anyone) will feel comfortable going. I told my wife she'll just have to be 49 for another year. 😄

July 25: Green Day at Dodger Stadium

July 29: Kelly Clarkson at Planet Hollywood in Vegas

Aug 14: Lady Gaga at Wrigley Field

Oct 7-18: Wife's birthday trip to Italy

I was suppose to be going to the Cubs/Cardinals game this Friday and then had a bass fishing tourney next weekend but those are canceled.  I still have a handful of tourneys scheduled for the rest of summer and fall though.  I also have two fishing trips planned, one in May and one in September.

... anyone doing any resorts during covid?

We go every year ... this year we've booked an all inclusive in St.Lucia and wondering how Covid will affect our stay compared to pre-covid.

I assume it would be similar to what we have here ... masks on while moving about and remove once seated.

I doubt the buffet is a thing anymore. Spacing in restaurants, bars ... how does that work at the pool ... or IN the pool? 

... or do they give you a covid test at check in and you're free after that? ... or do they check you as you come off the plane?

What's to prevent someone like me bringing covid to this little pimple of an island?

We go every year ... this year we've booked an all inclusive in St.Lucia and wondering how Covid will affect our stay compared to pre-covid.

I assume it would be similar to what we have here ... masks on while moving about and remove once seated.

I doubt the buffet is a thing anymore. Spacing in restaurants, bars ... how does that work at the pool ... or IN the pool? 

... or do they give you a covid test at check in and you're free after that? ... or do they check you as you come off the plane?

What's to prevent someone like me bringing covid to this little pimple of an island?
Looks like you will need to get tested: https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/

We are trying to get to the Bahamas at some point.  We were scheduled to be there this past June...our reservations have to be used by the end of 2021.  Right now, to get into the country you have to have a negative covid test within 10 days of travel, plus a letter from your doctor on top of all the other things you normally have to have.

We are doing the Airbnb cabin on a lake thing with our kids.  We have one for thanksgiving and are now looking for something the week between Christmas/NYE.  We're looking at places within 2-4 hour drive from our house.  The added bonus is we have an easy excuse to tell family why we can't attend their holiday Covid parties.

i was at the dreams macao in early october and might leave friday or next week  for another resort 
the dreams was 10% full during the week , maybe 40% by the weekend .
buffet was closed the majority of the time and only 2 restaurants were open each night 

considering going to colombia for the jan or feb to get out of the cold. just getting an airbnb if i do this 

putting a group together for a 13 day Tanzania Safari for jan 21 2022 , if i get 11 people i can save everyone 200-250  

We are trying to get to the Bahamas at some point.  We were scheduled to be there this past June...our reservations have to be used by the end of 2021.  Right now, to get into the country you have to have a negative covid test within 10 days of travel, plus a letter from your doctor on top of all the other things you normally have to have.

i was at the dreams macao in early october and might leave friday or next week  for another resort 
the dreams was 10% full during the week , maybe 40% by the weekend .
buffet was closed the majority of the time and only 2 restaurants were open each night 

considering going to colombia for the jan or feb to get out of the cold. just getting an airbnb if i do this 

putting a group together for a 13 day Tanzania Safari for jan 21 2022 , if i get 11 people i can save everyone 200-250  

... Once you show your test, no masks at all?  Bars open as usual? Any other restrictions?  

Last edited by a moderator:
... Once you show your test, no masks at all?  Bars open as usual? Any other restrictions?  
Honestly, I'm not sure.  We haven't gotten that far.  I doubt it though.  I'll have to look and see what the rules are once in the country.  Things were definitely open "as usual" last I looked, but I don't remember the specifics.

Wife booked us to Cozumel for Christmas since we can't risk visiting her mom in NoVa like we always do. I lost the battle to not travel during a pandemic...but at the rate our country is going, things might get shut down again regardless. Travel insurance

Nowhere I have to fly to.  Considering an idaho raft trip in the next summer which will stretch my resolve on the flight thing.  

Will do the florida beach thing in June. 

Would normally do a couple weeks in europe. 

Honestly, I'm not sure.  We haven't gotten that far.  I doubt it though.  I'll have to look and see what the rules are once in the country.  Things were definitely open "as usual" last I looked, but I don't remember the specifics.
Here's what I found as requirements to travel into the country.  Looks like each island might have their own rules and it seems like several of them are suggestions and not mandates, which I find odd given their requirements just a couple months ago:

Entry requirements for citizens, legal residents, and visitors (as of November 1, 2020):

Before departure to The Bahamas, a COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test with a negative result taken no more than five (5) days from the date of arrival in The Bahamas. (The name and address of the lab, where test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.)  PLEASE NOTE: Children 10 years and under, and flight crews of commercial airlines are exempt from obtaining the RT-PCR test.

Visitors must obtain the Bahamas Travel Health Visa. Once in possession of a negative result, all passengers will be required to apply for the Visa by visiting travel.gov.bs (international), where the test result must be uploaded. (The cost of insurance is included in the Travel Health Visa application fee and takes up to 72 hours to process; the cost of the Travel Health Visa is dependent on length of stay.)

All passengers remaining in The Bahamas for longer than four (4) nights, five (5) days will be required to undergo a Rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
There are still several places that simply aren't opening until the COVID restrictions are lifted it seems.

Wife booked us to Cozumel for Christmas since we can't risk visiting her mom in NoVa like we always do. I lost the battle to not travel during a pandemic...but at the rate our country is going, things might get shut down again regardless. Travel insurance
I thought most travel insurance policies specifically excluded events related to pandemics?

I think it depends on the coverage. There are different levels, but I’m not 100% sure it’s always the case, but I think it mostly is. 
My wife is incredibly savvy with planning. I'm sure she's got it covered...I think the airlines don't charge a change fee, and I know she was ensuring the hotel didn't either.

But again, things are not looking promising in the US for travel given the direction the numbers are going 

My wife is incredibly savvy with planning. I'm sure she's got it covered...I think the airlines don't charge a change fee, and I know she was ensuring the hotel didn't either.

But again, things are not looking promising in the US for travel given the direction the numbers are going 
Agreed. I have a trip to Portland in early April that I’ve postponed twice already and another to Alaska in late May. I’m nervous that both won’t work out. 

We've canceled trips to Disneyland, Vegas and NYC already this year in addition to weekend trips on the West Coast. Don't have anything booked for next year yet but will probably do some things like cabin on a lake, camping, etc. 

Bossman said:
The rules when i booked : needed a test within 72 to enter 
the rules when i left changed to : no test needed as they were doing random  test upon arrival and the DR was offering covid insurance 

masks were mandatory for staff but not visitors . i wore them when not drinking ,eating or in a pool. that was probably 1/4 of the time 
bars are open but they try to maintain social distance , the pool bar closed 3 days after i arrived as the DR govt made it compulsory  across the country. not sure if it still is in affect 
the auditorium where the nightly shows were held was closed and all the shows were held outside 
excursions were available , i didnt purchase any so i cant tell you how they were 

if i didnt answer everything or have any other questions . just let me know 

DR did take covid seriously , 5pm curfew across the country early on . it was moved to 7 and 9 . the 9 pm curfew started in oct. 
majority of the stores were closed during this time , masks were mandatory as soon as you stepped out  your door and fines and jail times enforced it  . 

Users who are viewing this thread