What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Teams revealing new unis - TB and ATL. Indy tweaks their brand. Browns' are brown. SD holds the line. Rams get it right. (1 Viewer)

TB got it mostly right. Atlanta failed.

Those pewter jerseys are cool. And getting rid of the clock numbers was an obvious call.

Atlanta failed in just about every way. A gradient jersey? WTH?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-new-uniforms-released-today/N9awJXQFtfSHSZIuL3Ah3J/
I feel TB got better but it’s still not great. I love all of the Atlanta looks except the gradient Jersey look. The all whites and the Deion era informs are fantastic.

Tampa Bay and Cleveland just announced new uniforms a few years ago - weird they're changing already. although the TB numbers were hideous.

I started heavily following football in 1980. I want everything like it was then. All of it.

As such I'm very disappointed Tampa did not at least bring back the creamsicle as at least an option.

I'm not sure what ATL was thinking, the only one that looked decent I saw was the all black one without the stupid ATL font on the front.

Pretty underwhelming
Yeah, both are.

I don't mind ATLs new one as much as most, but they aren't great. They remind me sort of a futuristic attempt that looks like the present.

The Jets last year and their deep greens were a little better than the reds here. The throwback blacks look really sharp in ATL; they should default to those. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, both are.

I don't mind ATLs new one as much as most, but they aren't great. They remind me sort of a futuristic attempt that looks like the present.

The Jets last year and their deep greens were a little better than the reds here. The throwback blacks look really sharp in ATL; they should default to those. 
Throwbacks almost always look better.  Get off of my lawn.

Throwbacks almost always look better.  Get off of my lawn.
Even those Jets throwbacks to the Titans days looked so much better than their kelly -- or dark -- greens. Or whatever they were using at the time.

The old Titans garb looked better than the '69 squad's colors. And so on marches the drum, ever towards the progress of the future, away from the warm fabrics and cool colors of the past.

Always go throwback...never lose with that look (for the most part)....unfortunately these type of unis are designed to have 14 year olds buy their gear.
With snapbacks to match, refract. You too can have a flat-brimmed and New Era-stickered ATL hat, writ large and written large on the front.

I hope the Colts never change their uniform.  The worst they ever did was silver pants in the 1980s.  I'm also not fond of white jersey with blue pants.

TB's are fine and better than what they've been using.

ATL's are horrible and they had some nice ones already. Don't get the need for a change. I tend to think that if a team is going to do this, it should coincide with and signify some kind of big era change--new owner, new franchise QB or HC after a long successful career, etc.

My  :2cents: :

• Rams logo redesign is literally horrid. Lo-fi, way too plain and non-dynamic. They haven't released uni/helmet design yet but have a feeling they will mess with the horns which IMO is literally the best thing about their uni
  • Agnostic about the Chargers unveil so far -- it's a slight redesign on the bolt's outline so not too outlandish one way or another. Really not crazy about the font style but like the incorporation of the bolt into the "A." I do hope they keep the powder blues uni.
  • I didn't mind the alarm clock numbers too much but like the cleaner look of the redesign jerseys. It's a poor picture so can't really get a sense of coloration of those new pewter jerseys -- hope they pop more instead of just being more of a gunmetal gray. And I'm with @menobrown - having a creamsicle throwback for a game or two each season would be choice. Losing the metallic paint on the helmets is a mistake, and the pewter facemasks look better than black IMO.
  • ATL is a giant fail. The ATL on the front is cheesy, the gradient jersey is all sorts of wrong, as are the red pants under white jersey look, and the numbers look they were drawn by a 12-year old trying to create depth. Their throwback is by far and away the best uni. The only thing I am ok with is the silver face mask, but still think it looks better as it was. 
  • NE's plans are unknown but sad to see Pat won't be on a throwback.
  • Glad to see the Browns revert to old-school. Their recent redesigns failed to wow me in terms of trying too hard and doing too little to snazz it up. It's one of those classic unis that should just stick to the classic look.
  • We'll see about IND, but agree their horseshoe could improve. There is also a risk that they mess up something very simple -- I mean, a horseshoe isn't actually rounded like the logo on Irsay's desk helmet -- doing too much here could really detract, and I like that the Colt's unis are fairly simple and clean. 

The Bucs are introducing the Bucco Bruce ones next year when they can have a second helmet. 

I love the new jerseys for the Bucs. They basically re-wound the clock back to 2013 and went back to what worked. Simple, classic, doesn’t have to be outrageous. I doubt they ever change them again except for minor tweaks. As a fan I’m thrilled, could never understand why they changed. Almost everybody loved them.  

The Bucs are introducing the Bucco Bruce ones next year when they can have a second helmet.
That Arians said they were changing in 2021 also bodes well for his stint's longevity. Usually coaches aren't outspoken about the uniforms. Then again, Arians is outspoken about generally everything. So that's to be taken into consideration.

Slight tweaks.

When your uniforms are already great in their simplicity there's not much you need to change.
They did this right, IMO -- nothing changes about the classic log, introducing an additional logo that is placed innocuously on jersey (and can be used more in marketing than on-field unis), a solid typeface update (though I actually liked the more comical western timey look of the old font) and slight tweaks that pay homage to the past.

Well done.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
They did this right, IMO -- nothing changes about the classic log, introducing an additional logo that is placed innocuously on jersey (and can be used more in marketing than on-field unis), a solid typeface update (though I actually liked the more comical western timey look of the old font) and slight tweaks that pay homage to the past.

Well done.
I agree.  They didn't mess up their uniforms like some have.

Love the Indiana logo...great job there...the old-school logo is a can’t miss...not a fan of the new numbers, not sure what the point with that was.

Love the Indiana logo...great job there...the old-school logo is a can’t miss...not a fan of the new numbers, not sure what the point with that was.
I'm fine with the numbers as long as they don't go to that stupid rounded look like the Broncos and Ravens.

I'm fine with the numbers as long as they don't go to that stupid rounded look like the Broncos and Ravens.
Actually I looked at it again and see it mirrors their old school numbers...now that I know that I am good with it...when I first saw it I thought it was just random.

My  :2cents: :

• Rams logo redesign is literally horrid. Lo-fi, way too plain and non-dynamic. They haven't released uni/helmet design yet but have a feeling they will mess with the horns which IMO is literally the best thing about their uni
  • Agnostic about the Chargers unveil so far -- it's a slight redesign on the bolt's outline so not too outlandish one way or another. Really not crazy about the font style but like the incorporation of the bolt into the "A." I do hope they keep the powder blues uni.
  • I didn't mind the alarm clock numbers too much but like the cleaner look of the redesign jerseys. It's a poor picture so can't really get a sense of coloration of those new pewter jerseys -- hope they pop more instead of just being more of a gunmetal gray. And I'm with @menobrown - having a creamsicle throwback for a game or two each season would be choice. Losing the metallic paint on the helmets is a mistake, and the pewter facemasks look better than black IMO.
  • ATL is a giant fail. The ATL on the front is cheesy, the gradient jersey is all sorts of wrong, as are the red pants under white jersey look, and the numbers look they were drawn by a 12-year old trying to create depth. Their throwback is by far and away the best uni. The only thing I am ok with is the silver face mask, but still think it looks better as it was. 
  • NE's plans are unknown but sad to see Pat won't be on a throwback.
  • Glad to see the Browns revert to old-school. Their recent redesigns failed to wow me in terms of trying too hard and doing too little to snazz it up. It's one of those classic unis that should just stick to the classic look.
  • We'll see about IND, but agree their horseshoe could improve. There is also a risk that they mess up something very simple -- I mean, a horseshoe isn't actually rounded like the logo on Irsay's desk helmet -- doing too much here could really detract, and I like that the Colt's unis are fairly simple and clean. 
Agree with every single word you wrote. 

The Saints need to get away from their spandex black pants, they look horrible.  Also, not a fan of all one color uniforms, mainly all black.

The Saints need to get away from their spandex black pants, they look horrible.  Also, not a fan of all one color uniforms, mainly all black.
A lot of locals agree. Since the Saints have lost some high-profile games in recent years while wearing gold pants and won some in black pants ... Sean Payton and some other Saints' higher-ups (and I think some players, too?) are said to consider the gold pants "bad luck" and the black pants "good luck".

All this though the Saints wore gold pants through their entire 2009 playoff run and Super Bowl XLIV :shrug:  

EDIT: Also, it's said that Saints' brass does not like the Nike "khaki" pants meant to represent "gold" for teams that have metallic gold helmets. The Nike fabric, for some reason, is said not to be able to be made shiny :shrug:  

I really like the new Patriots uniforms. When I saw them unveiled as the color rush, I really liked the stripes, it gives them more of a classic streamlined look.

Much better than the look of the last 20 years imo, but nothing can replace Pat Patriot.

I’m not a fan of the Saints all blacks, either luck wise or look wise. Having said that, I don’t want a uniform refit.
I've always liked their helmets, going all the way back to the late 60s when I first started watching the Saints.  But today, even great helmets can't make up for those fugly stretchy black spandex pants.

Users who are viewing this thread