What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVII - The Cartereaganbush League: Scoobus beats Sammy in the Wis Series (3 Viewers)

FBG notification emails apparently had a case of the Mondays. I just got one that Eephus tagged me and never got one for the NV tag. 

@Chemical X is up in the manager draft.

I expect a pick since this was his brainchild.
i am taking Ted Turner, he managed a game in 77.  when eephus bans him for being an owner, i will then take Joe Frazier.  he epitomizes the late 70s mets as well as anyone.  non descript.  also, down goes frazier, down goes frazier.....

@Doug B dust off your commissioner's visor, GB.

After a job well done here, the old man is about to pass you the torch for The Clintonbushobama draft. He's weary and under the impression that sitting the next one out is an option

1    Greco        Alex Grammas
2    Scoobus        Doug Rader
3    cheese        Billy Martin
4    NV        Felipe Alou
5    Rodg12        Earl Weaver
6    Sammy        SKIP
7    Chem X        Ted Turner
8    Spartans Rule        Lee Elia
9    RnR        Tony LaRussa
10    moops        Don Zimmer
11   @Koya
12    HellToupee        
13    jfranco77        
14    Eephus        
15    Bogart        
16    Dr. Detroit        
17    DougB        
18    Hoos        
19    Kraft        
20    D-Tank/Tre 2        
21    Dungeon Master        
22    FDAS        
23    Tre        
24    SNC        

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the worst. 

In an Internet economy where companies have to scale or die, WIS's continued survival by atrophy is somehow reassuring.
Pretty sure they closed the office. One guy took the servers home with him and went ahead and loaded 2019 players for fun and sent out freesims for all. 

Pretty sure they closed the office. One guy took the servers home with him and went ahead and loaded 2019 players for fun and sent out freesims for all. 
Rotoworld is running a 1980-2019 league on WIS.  The drafters went with a lot of hitters early.

WIS is sort of doing some cross-promotion on Twitter but I've been involved with enough offshoring to suspect their account is being run from overseas.

ETA:  apparently they're simming the games but using 5x5 roto scoring instead of sim wins and losses which is kind of interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure this is who we still need to join

4- FDAS
6- Rodg12
7- Bogart
11- Doctor Detroit
13- RnR
14- Spartans Rule
17- HellToupee
18- Kraft
22- DougB
24- Sammy

@jfranco77 is up in the Manager Draft

@HellToupee skipped
Really wanted Davey Johnson. I'll settle for Jim Leyland.

Cool story, a few years ago I went to PNC Park and got really good seats about 20 rows back from home plate for my birthday. Leyland was still a special assistant with the Tigers and sat right behind me. He spent the whole game BS'ing with some Pirates scout and we got to listen in. 

Moose Stubing

Moose spent 15 years playing as a minor leagues first baseman.  He had the misfortune to spend his best years in the Giants organization trapped behind McCovey and Cepeda.  He finally made it to the show in 1967 but his career pinch hitting record is 0-5 with 4 strikeouts.

After retiring as a player in 1969, Moose scouted and managed in the Angels minor league organization before being promoted to major league hitting coach in 1984.  After the Anaheims fired manager Cookie Rojas in September 1987, Stubing took over as interim manager for the final eight games of the season.  His team went 0-8.

Stubing spent over a half century in the game.  He never got a hit as a big league player. He never played the field. He never won a game as a Major League manager.

With Rader, Martin and Zimmer all gone, there is really only one guy left for me to take. Ehhh, who am I kidding, this would have been the guy I would have taken all along.

Bobby Valentine

Doug Rader was the first manager of my childhood, but I always thought he was just some old dude. But Valentine, Valentine was 36 years old young taking the manager job ("still young enough to play!" my Grandpa would say) and actually looked fit and good in his uniform. I would get to the park super early and watch him hit fungo or snag flies with the outfielders. And going to his restaurant after the game for "dugout nachos" was the ultimate in fine dining for 10 YO Bogie.

My team isn't going to hit for any power, so we need that scrappy wit and youthfulness leading the charge.

Plus, how can I go against this awesome stache. 

1    Greco        Alex Grammas
2    Scoobus        Doug Rader
3    cheese        Billy Martin
4    NV        Felipe Alou
5    Rodg12        Earl Weaver
6    Sammy        SKIP
7    Chem X        Ted Turner
8    Spartans Rule        Lee Elia
9    RnR        Tony LaRussa
10    moops        Don Zimmer
11    Koya        Davey Johnson
12    HellToupee        SKIP
13    jfranco77        Jim Leyland
14    Eephus        Moose Stubing
15    Bogart        Bobby Valentine

16    Dr. Detroit        Times out at xx:14
17    @Doug B on deck
18    Hoos        
19    Kraft        
20    D-Tank/Tre 2        
21    Dungeon Master        
22    FDAS        
23    Tre        
24    SNC       

Just realized my teammates are going to have something to talk about:

Last day of the season 1984, Charlie Hough goes 9 innings, giving up 1 run for a complete game loss, because Mike Witt pitches a perfect game, striking out 10. Doug DeCinces scores in the top of the 7th on a Fielder's Choice off the bat of Reggie Jackson. 8.375 faithful Ranger fans saw history that day with a game that lasted 1 hour and 49 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread