What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVII - The Cartereaganbush League: Scoobus beats Sammy in the Wis Series (1 Viewer)

This led to a 4 run inning. Maybe figure it out left side of my infield?

BH    B.Butler hits an infield single to 3B.    
DP    D.Murphy grounds it thru the hole to LF for a single.    
DP    S.Garvey hits an infield single to SS. B.Butler scores.

1st pass thru the SP makes them super winded.  Can't wait to see the 37% SP next go around.
Only happens first time around for most pitchers.  If you have enough innings, just make sure you have someone fresh ready to go in as a starter.  What’s your rotation? 

dave stewart struggled a bit in his 1st start, lol.
Stewart was one I was worried about -- one of those pitch-to-contact guys in real life, and I didn't get his best statistical season. Those kinds of stats can get punished in these things.

Stewart was one I was worried about -- one of those pitch-to-contact guys in real life, and I didn't get his best statistical season. Those kinds of stats can get punished in these things.
i’d continue to worry after start 2.
Yeah, I think his audition is up. Keough has a 4.50 ERA through 10 IP in long relief ... I can work with that.

Stewart will likely be relegated to legit mop-up duty. Might try him again after a while, but it looks the sim doesn't like his stats.

Lee Smith credited with his 4th blown save.

To do it 4 times in 12 games is actually impressive. 
Crazy. I thought Smith would be awesome. 

The bullpens in this thing are amazing. I already have 6 1run losses mostly because my closer gets destroyed every time. I have also had a bunch of people blow saves against me though. 

cheese said:

The bullpens in this thing are amazing. I already have 6 1run losses mostly because my closer gets destroyed every time. I have also had a bunch of people blow saves against me though. 
I have two guys that suck, but one is mopup and only has one arm anyway.

Rest of my bullpen has ERA of 0.00, 0.00, 1.50, 2.25, and 2.45

cheese said:

i have the opposite.....duane ward (who the sim wants to use everyday) and orosco have been hella.  my SP goes right to ward/orosco, sometimes right to orosco for 1 inning,  it will even out, but for now it looks like a winning formula.  

The sim does love abusing closers. I lost a game to Tank I shouldn’t have because it used a month’s worth of Steve Ontiveros in the first week. Apparently I need to monitor that more closely.

But as long as Gorman Thomas continues his current pace (.898 SLG, 10 HR and 26 RBI in 15 games) I’ll be fine.

My team is going to be record-setting bad. Zero power with below average pitching just isn't going to work out well.

Tim Raines stole home (and third) this afternoon

----

T.Raines hits a bloop single to CF.

R.Alomar grounds out to 1B.

T.Raines swipes 3B.

T.Raines pulls off the steal of home. T.Raines scores.

Ooof my team sucks.  Been so much going on (hope everyone is safe. I've had friends arrested peacefully protesting at a protest arranged in part by local elected leaders, and others who have had their businesses and customers vandalized and robbed), hardly able to check.

One thing I do know is that Tudor seems good as planned, even if half the time we score 1 run for him - and Pops is way underperforming.

If someone has a really good offensively minded player that's underperforming and needs some "Pop" from 1B, lemme know.  Though it may not matter soon with my team just not very good.

All the best to everyone. Stay safe. 

i have a pile of relievers, but no matter the situation, SIM is using Duane Ward after Duane Ward after Duane Ward.
Put Ward as Setup B. Could also set up other relievers to be available in the 5th or 6th inning and make Ward unavailable until the 7th or 8th.

While I knew Pops might have some issues at home, he's definitely sucking far more than expected - but Hargrove has been great so far...

My OF on the other hand? Reggie Sniff is WAY underperforming, and I had very high hopes for him considering his balance between HRs and XBHs in general.  Gamble holding his own.  Bonilla surprisingly sucking considering he's not HR dependent and has really good XBHs.

Figure before I'm out of it might as well list a few folks on the trade block.  Happy to swap some underperformers or just shake things up.

Weird, tried updating Trade Block on WIS, dunno if it worked.

FWIW, I could deal a starting pitcher in some scenario as well (any but Tudor, obvs)

Users who are viewing this thread