What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Atlanta Relocation (1 Viewer)

TheWalkmen

Footballguy
Hello, I have done a search of the forum but couldn’t find anything. I have a possible relo opportunity to Atlanta. My office would be about a mile from Truist Park. My kids are 7, 6, and 3 and would attend catholic school; it seems it would be St. Joesph in Marietta or St. Jude in Sandy Springs or Dunwoody. It seems like the area covering Smyrna to Marietta to East Cobb to Dunwoody would be the area we would live in.

Can anyone comment on the quality of either school and the best area in that perimeter or elsewhere to live considering traffic to my office and each school, etc. Ideally we’d like a newer neighborhood with the assumption there would be a lot of young families. Thanks so much and happy Easter!

@AAABatteriescan help more than I can, I’m more in the Suwannee / Johns Creek area. That’s a high traffic area for your office so if you’re commuting normal work hours and you don’t want 30+ mins, you’ll need to be close.  Your price range is going to influence any suggestions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent time in the Suwanee area for work and drove in and out of the airport several times a year years ago. Can't speak for Marietta or schools and what not, but I remember that the Atlanta suburbs were petty areas. Make sure you have a nice car with a comfortable interior. You're going to be spending a lot of time looking out through the windshield. Atlanta area traffic is crap. 

Sorry I can't be more help to your specific questions. Good luck! 

Spent time in the Suwanee area for work and drove in and out of the airport several times a year years ago. Can't speak for Marietta or schools and what not, but I remember that the Atlanta suburbs were petty areas. Make sure you have a nice car with a comfortable interior. You're going to be spending a lot of time looking out through the windshield. Atlanta area traffic is crap. 

Sorry I can't be more help to your specific questions. Good luck! 
When I fly for work, I take the 7am flights out and leave the house by 5 to beat traffic.  I telecommute otherwise. If I had to drive anywhere inside 285, I’d live close. 

@AAABatteriescan help more than I can, I’m more in the Suwannee / Johns Creek area. That’s a high traffic area for your office so if you’re commuting normal work hours and you don’t want 30+ mins, you’ll need to be close.  Your price range is going to influence any suggestions. 
The office is on Powers Ferry road right by the intersection of 75/285. We would search for homes in the $400-$600k range. Thanks for the replies!

The office is on Powers Ferry road right by the intersection of 75/285. We would search for homes in the $400-$600k range. Thanks for the replies!
Buddy lives in an apartment of the NE quadrant of that intersection... just spent 3 days there for an engagement party. Traffic ####show. Live within a few miles of your office or hate life. 

@TheWalkmen - are you a golfer?  There's a couple of country clubs not too far from there so that may be options.  Atlanta Country club may be on the border of your budget.  You have tons of options honestly.  Vinings is close, Buckhead (you would be going against traffic).  Sandy Springs obviously since that's where the school is.  I know two somewhat local realtors I could put you in touch with.  Not sure if they do those areas or not.  Both are trustworthy but haven't really worked with one of them, they are both family friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
My office is right around the corner from there.  I live in East Cobb and my commute is 20-25 min (8ish miles).  Not bad at all, on average, for Atlanta.

Bonus is that East Cobb schools are great, no need to pay for private school.

My office is right around the corner from there.  I live in East Cobb and my commute is 20-25 min (8ish miles).  Not bad at all, on average, for Atlanta.

Bonus is that East Cobb schools are great, no need to pay for private school.
I always hear the term East Cobb snob.  That’s where I’d go if I wanted to live over that way.

@TheWalkmen - are you a golfer?  There's a couple of country clubs not too far from there so that may be options.  Atlanta Country club may be on the border of your budget.  You have tons of options honestly.  Vinings is close, Buckhead (you would be going against traffic).  Sandy Springs obviously since that's where the school is.  I know two somewhat local realtors I could put you in touch with.  Not sure if they do those areas or not.  Both are trustworthy but haven't really worked with one of them, they are both family friends.
Joined Dunwoody Country Club recently.

My office used to be at Powers Ferry and Windy Hill.  Couple of food spots to check out 

Peter Changs - if it’s still there - decent Chinese food 

Heirloom BBQ is pretty good - hole in the wall place.

You are close enough to do lunch at The Battery (Braves Stadium) - cool location

Users who are viewing this thread