What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion - Zeke (1 Viewer)

Dope

Footballguy
In my 14 team non-ppr old school dynasty league (year 22)...

I made an offer for Zeke...

Kerryon Johnson

2020 1st (1.04)

2021 1st (prolly late as i would think i'd make the playoffs and do well)

2021 2nd

and was turned down without a counter.

IMO, the value of Johnson and the 1.04 do not come close to Elliott's value, while the other two pieces are crap shots, yes even the late 1st for 2021 in a gamble that I would not want to take.   I would pass also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Zeke owner in two of my three dynasty leagues, so looking at it, I would be intrigued.  However, I would have passed on this offer.  I'm surprised the other owner did not counter, which would lead me to believe they just aren't entertaining the thought of trading Zeke.

Why I would have passed:

1. I like Kerryon Johnson as a player, but his injuries are already starting to pile up.  He hasn't made it through a full season.  I have him on my dynasty as well and I'm looking to move him.  I just don't have faith that he will ever be truly reliable, so no chance I want him in a deal involving Zeke.
  2. Pick 1.04 is no guaranteed stud (especially with not knowing draft destinations yet).  
  3. Late 2021 1st and 2nd would still not be enough for me.
Plain and simple, there would just be too many unknowns and not enough return for me to trade Zeke with this offer.

Other owner may just be waiting until after the draft to decide what they want to do or counter.

That's fair. Thanks for the comments. 

i guess in my head, it's still 3 1st rounders and a 2nd.

I also see your points.

It kind of depends on the status of the other team.  If they are in a re-build situation without much chance to complete then getting the picks is a nice haul for a rebuild.  However, if he is in the mix for this year and next then this is pretty far off.  It hurts him in the near term badly for all the reasons already given in other posts.

Even if it is a fair deal, or even giving away to much. If the other guy thinks he is on the cusp of winning it all, draft picks don’t win championships 

Users who are viewing this thread