What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OBJ to Minnesota? (Rumored trade) (1 Viewer)

Just seems weird to trade Diggs and then trade for OBJ. I'd think Beckham is an upgrade, but still. 

Now, OBJ in Buffalo would have been interesting. As in he'd probably hate it. 
It's weird, but Diggs was somewhat disgruntled, and as you say Beckham is an upgrade, albeit with some emotional instability. 

Because Cleveland is a major market?

And he'd be in a dome. 
CLE is a top 20 media market just like MIN, but I guess I was saying that he didn't seem especially happy to be leaving NY for CLE, going as far to say, "This was personal. They thought they’d send me here to die". As of just a few months ago there were rumors that he had been telling opponents that he wanted out of CLE. Both players and coaches. So no, I don't think he's ever been especially excited to play in a market outside the top 10 and this would be close to a lateral move.

I know MIN plays the games in a dome, but he also has to live there from summer to winter every year. Just seems to me there is a level of superstar WR around the league that not only want to get paid but also want to dictate their landing spot and I would have been surprised if MIN was on that list. For the record I actually think Minneapolis is one of the most livable cities in the NFL but I probably have a different set of filters when it comes to quality of life than a guy making over $10mil/season.

Cousins > Mayfield. Cousins has averaged just under 28 TDs a year and averaged over 4200 yards per year since becoming a starter 5 years ago. He's averaged 10 INTs per season. Meanwhile Baker has averaged 25 TDs a tear, 3700 yards a season, and 18 INTS a season. Only Soulfly3 would argue Baker is better. Just sayin' 
Cousins first 2 seasons in the league combined for 1300yds and 8tds :shrug:  

Oddly enough this was when RGIII was playing well.
I mean if we're gonna compare a rookie (who set the rookie QB TD record despite not playing/starting the first few games of that season) to a guy who finally became a starter in his 4th year....

just odd is all. 

CLE is a top 20 media market just like MIN, but I guess I was saying that he didn't seem especially happy to be leaving NY for CLE, going as far to say, "This was personal. They thought they’d send me here to die". As of just a few months ago there were rumors that he had been telling opponents that he wanted out of CLE. Both players and coaches. So no, I don't think he's ever been especially excited to play in a market outside the top 10 and this would be close to a lateral move.

I know MIN plays the games in a dome, but he also has to live there from summer to winter every year. Just seems to me there is a level of superstar WR around the league that not only want to get paid but also want to dictate their landing spot and I would have been surprised if MIN was on that list. For the record I actually think Minneapolis is one of the most livable cities in the NFL but I probably have a different set of filters when it comes to quality of life than a guy making over $10mil/season.
Fair enough. I'd assume he'd prefer Miami, Houston, NY (although he had his chance), LA, or maybe Las Vegas. Someday he'll get that chance. 

I mean if we're gonna compare a rookie (who set the rookie QB TD record despite not playing/starting the first few games of that season) to a guy who finally became a starter in his 4th year....

just odd is all. 
:shrug: most of us would readily admit Baker has higher upside.  But just based on last year, cousins isn't a downgrade.

This is still fake, so you aren't trading anything for anything. I agree that the details made it a poor attempt at a rumor, but being entirely made up is definitely the bigger crime so I think we can stop digging into the details of some guy's weird ego trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like a typical trade rumor dreamed up by a sports caster with absolutely no insight on how the salary cap works.  Vikings could not afford to keep Diggs long term and they certainly can't afford to keep OBJ long term.  

They are better off gambling on a rookie.   At least they are affordable for the first 3-4 years of their contract.  Hell maybe they can catch lightening in a bottle again like when they got a star player like Diggs for the price of a 5th round pick. 

a 2021 2nd and a 5th... :lol:

thoguht maybe id dreamed that up so had to check again
What’s scary is to read fans takes on the 2nd and 5th being too much to give up for OBJ, considering injury history and salary cap hit.

[Robinson] I chased the Odell Beckham Jr. trade talk. I was told unequivocally the Vikings haven't had any trade discussions with the Browns about Beckham Jr. No calls about Beckham Jr. and no discussion of trade compensation. As an aside, the Browns do not have Beckham Jr. on the block.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1250813362256203776

It sounds like a typical trade rumor dreamed up by a sports caster with absolutely no insight on how the salary cap works.  Vikings could not afford to keep Diggs long term and they certainly can't afford to keep OBJ long term.  

They are better off gambling on a rookie.   At least they are affordable for the first 3-4 years of their contract.  Hell maybe they can catch lightening in a bottle again like when they got a star player like Diggs for the price of a 5th round pick. 
Diggs contract was very reasonable. Its a bargain for the Bills right now as the Vikings are paying a large part of his salary anyways. That isn't why the Vikings traded him away.

OBJ would cost more than Diggs would have. For the long term the Vikings could make it work. In the short term its difficult, in part because they are still paying Diggs $9 million in cap for 2020.

I thought this thread died when it was exposed as a fake.

Glazer has buried twice but its still alive?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay Glazer@JayGlazer

Now you guys got fooled by a fake

@wojespn

account reporting the same Odell trade BS. READ THE HANDLE... or don’t

8:14 PM · Apr 15, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chenue Her@ChenueHer

THIS IS FAKE! @JayGlazer did NOT tweet or report this! Check the profile and handle before retweeting this as fact.

@SportsCenter

’s Twitter is VERIFIED!

PHOTO look at the handle - Mega Tough Scene

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mega-Tough-Scene at Sports Center = fake

Glazer two tweets saying he never posted tweets attributed to him = fake 

Trade doesn't make sense = fake

Everyone associated with the rumor = fake

Fans still debating the fake trade =  :argue: ongoing

@Bracie Smathers is OBJ on the trade block or not?

If he is available for trade then there may be something to this, even if the price and connection is false.

From the Vikings side of things it doesn't really matter how many times they deny it. They still might be talking to the Browns about this anyways.

If he is available for trade then there may be something to this, even if the price and connection is false.

From the Vikings side of things it doesn't really matter how many times they deny it. They still might be talking to the Browns about this anyways.
Charles Robinson and now Schefter have both said he is NOT on the block and the entire story is false

this is sounding pretty false right now.

Also doesn't make sense. Landry with hip surgery, and OBJ getting traded leaves... literally no wide receivers

Charles Robinson and now Schefter have both said he is NOT on the block and the entire story is false
SF is correct, he's not on trading block.

From twenty minutes ago.

Odell Beckham Isn't On The Trading Block

Pete Smith

20 minutes ago

Despite endless rumors and unsubstantiated reports, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham isn't on the trading block. Charles Robinson of Yahoo! News has looked into it and came to that conclusion. Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com had debunked the rumor of a trade to the Minnesota Vikings yesterday. This is all after the new Browns regime headed by general manager Andrew Berry said the team wasn't looking to trade Beckham...
From two hours ago.

--------------------------------

Charles Robinson@CharlesRobinson

I chased the Odell Beckham Jr. trade talk. I was told unequivocally the #Vikings haven't had any trade discussions with the #Browns about Beckham Jr. No calls about Beckham Jr. and no discussion of trade compensation. As an aside, the #Browns do not have Beckham Jr. on the block.

11:48 AM · Apr 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Users who are viewing this thread