What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "The Last Dance" The MJ/Chicago Bulls Dynasty 10 Part Mini-Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Long before the Bulls used that song for their intros there was a Saturday morning trivia show in the 80's called Quiz Kids that used that same music. I've never forgiven Chicago for cheapening my childhood for their dumb basketball team.

Long before the Bulls used that song for their intros there was a Saturday morning trivia show in the 80's called Quiz Kids that used that same music. I've never forgiven Chicago for cheapening my childhood for their dumb basketball team.
My parents had the album. Use to jam it when I was little.

Bump for today.

I must listen to way too much sports radio. They have hyped this for a week now so I’m looking forward to this like Game of Thrones final season at this point. 

Looking forward to this.  One of my live sports highlights was Game 3 of the Jordan-Pippen-Rodman Bulls sweep over the Wiz here in DC.  Would have said it was the 98 season, but looking it up I guess it was 97.  Fantastic game and we had pretty good seats.  Saw Jordan at the height of his powers twice, but the playoff game (96-95 Bulls) was next level stuff. 

Interested to see what they show. Jordan’s on record saying after seeing this series, people will think he’s not a very nice guy.

This is on both ESPN and Netflix, correct?
The first two episodes of ESPN’s ten-hour docuseries air Sunday, April 19 from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN 2. The ESPN version will be rated TV-MA (featuring mature language) and the ESPN 2 version will be rated TV-14.

WILL ESPN’S MICHAEL JORDAN DOCUMENTARY BE ON NETFLIX?

Yes… but not in the United States. The Last Dance will be available outside of the U.S. on Netflix at 12:01 a.m. PT the morning after episodes air on TV, but the series won’t be available to stream on Netflix here in the United States.

WHEN IS THE LAST DANCENETFLIX U.S. RELEASE DATE?

As of now, ESPN has yet to announce any plans for The Last Dance to air on Netflix in the United States. It could eventually happen, but it won’t be on Netflix anytime soon.

Interested to see what they show. Jordan’s on record saying after seeing this series, people will think he’s not a very nice guy.
Don't most people know this already?

Notwithstanding the many who act like Jordan never lost a playoff series and can actually walk on water.

Don't most people know this already?

Notwithstanding the many who act like Jordan never lost a playoff series and can actually walk on water.
No idea what your second thought has to do with anything?
As to the first, yes, I would say most people already have an opinion about him. That’s why I was curious if anything isn’t already public knowledge. 

No idea what your second thought has to do with anything?
As to the first, yes, I would say most people already have an opinion about him. That’s why I was curious if anything isn’t already public knowledge. 
What I mean is that some are such MJ marks that they act like he did no wrong and was a great guy and any criticism of him means you are a hater.  It's ridiculous.  

6-0 in the Finals. No need for him to walk on water to make me believe there was no one like Mike.
See, this is what I mean. Some act like 6-0 in the finals is all that matters, because, hey, his nine other NBA seasons (which, believe it or not, did happen) don't matter.  And there are always excuses for them.  "He didn't have a good enough team around him yet." "He wasn't in basketball shape yet when he got knocked out in the 2nd round in '95." "The Wizards years don't count."

See, this is what I mean. Some act like 6-0 in the finals is all that matters, because, hey, his nine other NBA seasons (which, believe it or not, did happen) don't matter.  And there are always excuses for them.  "He didn't have a good enough team around him yet." "He wasn't in basketball shape yet when he got knocked out in the 2nd round in '95." "The Wizards years don't count."
Oh, he’s a lot more than 6-0. His NCAA career, his Olympic medals, his slam dunks, his shoes, his popularity with Americans and the world. So much more. That’s what makes him MJ. There is no one like him.

keep on hating though...

I’m expecting this will mostly be his competitive side. He was ruthless with his teammates in practice, as is common with hyper-competitive athletes. He says it will make him look bad. I doubt it.  Most likely it will only add to his legend. 

What I mean is that some are such MJ marks that they act like he did no wrong and was a great guy and any criticism of him means you are a hater.  It's ridiculous.  

Oh, he’s a lot more than 6-0. His NCAA career, his Olympic medals, his slam dunks, his shoes, his popularity with Americans and the world. So much more. That’s what makes him MJ. There is no one like him.

keep on hating though...
Well done. :hifive:

Chiding aside, I am sure this series will be red meat for MJ fans, so enjoy. I mean that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I don’t understand why people would be “forced” to defend the years he didn’t win? Of course the other seasons matter, but who cares? Does it make him less clutch or less of a goat because he didn’t win the title every year? Excuses aren’t always excuses.....sometime they are legitimate reasons. 

The aspect of Jordan's career I admire most is the fact he didn't need to cherry pick his landing spots and win AAU style to get his 6 rings. No doubt he had one heckuva wing man (which all-time great didn't) but other than Pippen he was mostly surrounded by role players and misfits. LeBron could play to 50 and hold every statistical record and I'd never consider him better than MJ. Just one man's opinion, not one I expect many to share.

We should criticize him for not winning 15 NBA titles?  :confused:

I guess I don’t understand why people would be “forced” to defend the years he didn’t win? Of course the other seasons matter, but who cares? Does it make him less clutch or less of a goat because he didn’t win the title every year? Excuses aren’t always excuses.....sometime they are legitimate reasons. 
Not at all.  I just think the "He was 6-0 in the finals" line is often used in a "sticking out my chest kind of way," like that ends any GOAT conversation, which I don't believe it does.  If rings and/or finals record were all that mattered, Russell would be the GOAT.  

We should criticize him for not winning 15 NBA titles?  :confused:
Nope, and I never said that or suggested that.

They may have won 9 in a row if he hadn't been exiled tried the baseball route
I doubt it.  Making those kind of deep playoff runs year after year would takes its physical toll on any player and/or team*, plus it's impossible to know how things play out with what team they had kept around Jordan and Pippen if MJ hadn't retired in 1993.  Too many variables in the equation. 

*In that regard, I believe the time off last year due to injury, after all of those consecutive finals runs, helped LeBron James this season; he looked a lot better this year than last. And James is a physical freak of nature, even relative to most other NBA players.

Eggplant.  15 year old son is enraptured.

Even though I'm a Blazers homer who can't stop whining during every commercial break: "Sam BOWIE?!!  Are you EFFING kidding ME?!!?!?!"

Nope, and I never said that or suggested that.

I doubt it.  Making those kind of deep playoff runs year after year would takes its physical toll on any player and/or team*, plus it's impossible to know how things play out with what team they had kept around Jordan and Pippen if MJ hadn't retired in 1993.  Too many variables in the equation. 

*In that regard, I believe the time off last year due to injury, after all of those consecutive finals runs, helped LeBron James this season; he looked a lot better this year than last. And James is a physical freak of nature, even relative to most other NBA players.
Yeah, MJ would not have won 8 in a row, contrary to popular opinion.  The suspension time away helped him recover to get 6 in 8.

I remember watching the 63-point playoff game like it was yesterday. 
Me too.  Had no idea who Jordan was and he carved them up.  After awhile it was like "how come they can't stop him?".  Then near the end he hit some twisty, hang-in-the-air rainbow and you knew you were watching something big.

Me too.  Had no idea who Jordan was and he carved them up.  After awhile it was like "how come they can't stop him?".  Then near the end he hit some twisty, hang-in-the-air rainbow and you knew you were watching something big.
Lol did you see the guys trying to guard him? Different game nowadays, good god. Nobody has been more out of their depth than Rick Carlisle trying to check MJ. 

Lol did you see the guys trying to guard him? Different game nowadays, good god. Nobody has been more out of their depth than Rick Carlyle trying to check MJ. 
As shown early in episode 1, Sidney Moncrief was a 2 time, consecutive reigning NBA defensive player of the year, and Jordan lit him up for 37 points in his 3rd career NBA game. It didn't matter who was guarding him. The man is the GOAT.

I’m totally in. Was a kid when Jordan played and absolutely hated him. Wish I had been able to straight up appreciate him a bit more. No question in my mind that he is the best I’ve ever seen play. 

Really wish they would have shown pippen ripping on Kraus. I enjoyed the little but they showed with MJ calling him short lol 

Users who are viewing this thread