What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Auction Startup 12-Team Superflex/IDP ($50 via LeagueSafe) (1 Viewer)

ctmerritt

Footballguy
This startup is intended only for highly engaged, committed, and competitive players!

* Hosted on MFL
* Active rosters 36 players in-season, expanding to 48 for off-season; 12-player taxi squad (up to 2 years’ experience); 5-player injured reserve
* Start 13 on offense & 13 on defense/special teams: 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 2 TE / 1 Superflex / 5 Flex / 3 DL / 3 LB / 3 DB / 2 IDP Flex / 2 K
* 12 teams across 3 divisions, weekly doubleheaders, standings ordered by scoring w/ win percentages used as tiebreakers
* Position-specific scoring rules, which include IDP scoring influenced by the Pro Football Focus IDP Scoring System (06/27/2013)
* Start-up auction, with separate rookie draft order determined by lottery pick (based on average auction $ spent per player)
* Year-round trading with no trade deadline – can trade picks up to 4 years in the future (if league fees prepaid) & blind bidding funds
* Free agent blind bidding – biweekly from start of league year through preseason, biweekly plus first-come first-served in-season
* $50 per year, with 50% deposit toward second season due up front; Cash payout to include majority to first, $50 to runner-up, and 3 additional $25 prizes
* Unique playoff structure to feature 4-team championship bracket, 4-team consolation bracket ($25 to winner), and a 4-team premium pick bracket that awards the 1.01 rookie pick to the winner (1.02 to runner-up, etc.)

Home page: https://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/61176#0
Rules & bylaws: https://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... 61176&O=26

Target date for the startup auction is Saturday, May 2, 2020 (will be set as soon as we get the league filled). If you are interested but have certain rules or structural considerations you wish to discuss further, please let me know.

I appreciate the question.  It is not intending to penalize spending on elite players given how deep the rosters are.  It is more intended to give prospective owners multiple avenues in determining how to build their franchise, and balance the trade value of assets in the short-term.  The highest value assets are studs and early draft picks, which should preclude someone from outbidding on say CMC, Lamar, Mahomes, Zeke, and the 1.01 (2.01, etc.), and rostering the minimum 24 players after the auction through minimum bids.  

Teams could theoretically come away with as few as 24 players (spending all of their funds at a higher average price point).  Such teams would effectively be stacking their rosters with higher average value players and should be expected to have a stronger team in the near term.  By giving these teams a lower rookie pick, then they have lesser draft capital to use (or trade) for depth.  Conversely, a team that is willing to max out their roster to potentially 48 plus 12 taxi squad spots is unlikely to have any top tier assets to work with and could then get higher value draft capital to add young starters (or trade multiple pieces for studs/starters). 

Thanks for your input.  The first startup auction I had participated in was strictly random order for the draft picks, which was met with a lot of argument.  It may not be a perfect solution, but it's meant to be a simple way to approach the draft lottery that takes into consideration how the roster was built after the first step, helps to ensure reasonable distribution of assets to encourage active trading from the start.  

Sure do.  It's been slow trying to fill this one.  Seems like it may be too intimidating for the masses!  What's your email address?  

This startup is intended only for highly engaged, committed, and competitive players!

* Hosted on MFL
* Active rosters 36 players in-season, expanding to 48 for off-season; 12-player taxi squad (up to 2 years’ experience); 5-player injured reserve
* Start 13 on offense & 13 on defense/special teams: 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 2 TE / 1 Superflex / 5 Flex / 3 DL / 3 LB / 3 DB / 2 IDP Flex / 2 K
* 12 teams across 3 divisions, weekly doubleheaders, standings ordered by scoring w/ win percentages used as tiebreakers
* Position-specific scoring rules, which include IDP scoring influenced by the Pro Football Focus IDP Scoring System (06/27/2013)
* Start-up auction, with separate rookie draft order determined by lottery pick (based on average auction $ spent per player)
* Year-round trading with no trade deadline – can trade picks up to 4 years in the future (if league fees prepaid) & blind bidding funds
* Free agent blind bidding – biweekly from start of league year through preseason, biweekly plus first-come first-served in-season
* $50 per year, with 50% deposit toward second season due up front; Cash payout to include majority to first, $50 to runner-up, and 3 additional $25 prizes
* Unique playoff structure to feature 4-team championship bracket, 4-team consolation bracket ($25 to winner), and a 4-team premium pick bracket that awards the 1.01 rookie pick to the winner (1.02 to runner-up, etc.)

Home page: https://www61.myfant\
Rules & bylaws: https://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... 61176&O=26

Target date for the startup auction is Saturday, May 2, 2020 (will be set as soon as we get the league filled). If you are interested but have certain rules or structural considerations you wish to discuss further, please let me know.
interested many years playing IDP and Dynasty - Pat Crotty - p711c@yahoo.com

Yes it is.  Playing with a single kicker, it's just an exercise of frequently going to the waiver wire to plug in a warm body.  Playing with 2 incorporates an element of scarcity that makes them a position you can't just ignore.

you can try site called LeagueLookup.com to post/find fantasy leagues in quicker spreadsheet style list of leagues. free

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting, have not heard of that site.  It looks very new and that it may be more beneficial for high volume, more "off the shelf" league styles.  At this point, I am not sure that it would have a high enough volume of traffic or the specific target market to help find the right audience for my league, but thanks for the suggestion.

Seems pretty cool, I just can’t wrap my head around the inaugural rookie draft. If everyone starts at the same amount, then the average price per player can only be manipulated by not spending auction dollars and/or not drafting the max amount of players?

Wouldn’t a more equitable way to implement a vet auction and rookie draft be to just let folks bid on the draft picks in the vet auction?

Not trying to undermine your league setting, just genuinely curious before potentially committing.

Seems pretty cool, I just can’t wrap my head around the inaugural rookie draft. If everyone starts at the same amount, then the average price per player can only be manipulated by not spending auction dollars and/or not drafting the max amount of players?

Wouldn’t a more equitable way to implement a vet auction and rookie draft be to just let folks bid on the draft picks in the vet auction?

Not trying to undermine your league setting, just genuinely curious before potentially committing.
I kinda like that idea - bidding on rookie draft picks. That's interesting

We did it in a league that I’m in when we first started a few years ago and there was a lot more trading in that first preseason, as certain guys fell in the draft or guys missed on their targets in the draft.

I’m very intrigued by this league, I’ve never done IDP before and one of my leagues folded so I was looking to add one with IDP as a new challenge.

I don’t want to impose my views on your settings by any means, but the current rookie set up is the only thing that’s giving me real pause personally. 

Correct.  There is potential to come away from the auction with as few as 24 players, and as many as 48 plus 12 on taxi squad, so average per player is intended to be different depending on how each owner decides to approach the auction.  At the end of it, the rookie draft order is not fully based on it, but a lottery instead.  At that point, the rookie draft is not simply decided by who is bidding all of their auction funds to acquire all of the draft picks, but should still facilitate everyone being able to try to move up and down the draft board.

Users who are viewing this thread