What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Stimulus Check thread (1 Viewer)

DallasDMac

Footballguy
Wondering how many folks have NOT gotten their check/deposit yet. My daughter got hers day one which was good, she needed it. My wife is getting annoyed we don't have ours. Not sure why, we are definitely not in a position where we need it. I guess it's the principle or something. Anyways, we have tried the website (IRS.gov) and checked the "Get Payment" link. It doesn't recognize us at all. I thought it may be since we always paid in that we might have to enter or Direct Deposit info, but the FAQ says if you filed in the last two years, don't do that. My wife saw an article about "5  Reasons you Haven't Gotten Your Check" and we don't fall under any of those, which got her started again. I did see something on the IRS page about, if you receive a 1099 or a VA Benefit, that may delay things as they have to "coordinate" with those folks. I fall under both of those, so wonder if that may have something to do with it?

Anyone else still waiting and, more importantly, anyone else checking the "Get Payment" link at IRS.gov and not being recognized?

Anyone else still waiting and, more importantly, anyone else checking the "Get Payment" link at IRS.gov and not being recognized?
We're getting one but had paid (though credit cards, get that bonus) for 2019, so apparently the IRS didn't have our information from 18. So I entered it all in Wednesday. I expect to see it this week but it could be longer. We don't really need it but we're using it to pay off the HVAC we had installed last week. That bill isn't due until the end of May, no real rush.

Who is even getting these? I haven’t followed since luckily my wife and I are still getting paid and I just assumed the Federal Govt will screw it all up anyway.

We're getting one but had paid (though credit cards, get that bonus) for 2019, so apparently the IRS didn't have our information from 18. So I entered it all in Wednesday. I expect to see it this week but it could be longer. We don't really need it but we're using it to pay off the HVAC we had installed last week. That bill isn't due until the end of May, no real rush.
Link to where you were able to enter your info?    I've tried finding it and just can't.    We owed money in 2018, haven't filed 2019.  Says same error code.   And another paragraph that says you will get a check and no way to enter info unless you do it in 2019 filing.  

Link to where you were able to enter your info?    I've tried finding it and just can't.    We owed money in 2018, haven't filed 2019.  Says same error code.   And another paragraph that says you will get a check and no way to enter info unless you do it in 2019 filing.  
Same here. Owed money in 2016, 2017, 2018, and have not filed 2019 yet. So they have no direct deposit info for me (although my state has that info for I have received state tax money back). I can't get past the "payment status not available" page

Last weekend the irs direct deposit folks were sent out.  Next week (Wednesday) anyone on the social security direct deposit should hit.  Week after is VA benefits direct deposit.  Sort of a waterfall of who the govt has info on.  I’ve heard the IRS has a portal you can enter your routing/bank acct info and those should trickle in over time.  Also heard that checks in the mail should start next week but can’t confirm. 

Last weekend the irs direct deposit folks were sent out.  Next week (Wednesday) anyone on the social security direct deposit should hit.  Week after is VA benefits direct deposit.  Sort of a waterfall of who the govt has info on.  I’ve heard the IRS has a portal you can enter your routing/bank acct info and those should trickle in over time.  Also heard that checks in the mail should start next week but can’t confirm. 
For any other Veterans, I received this info early in the week. DM if you have any Qs.

RESOURCES

Economic Impact Payments - STARTING THIS WEEK, eligible individuals will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples and up to $500 for each qualifying child. The value of these payments phases out for taxpayers with incomes above $75,000 ($150,000 for a married couple). 

1) Qualifying individuals who have their current direct deposit information on file with the IRS will begin receiving their $1,200 payment as early as THIS WEEK. 

2) Those who are not required to file a tax return can enter their information as a Non-Filer to receive their payment. Non-Filers must provide this in order to receive their Economic Impact Payment. 

3) Those wishing to receive a check from the IRS should see THIS PAGE. Checks will arrive some time later than the direct deposit payments. 

I received this in an email from Bank of America this morning. Already posted in the Covid-19 thread. 

Important information about
Economic Impact Payments

This week, as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security ("CARES") Act, the U.S. Federal Government began delivering "Economic Impact Payments" to eligible Americans. These direct cash payments to individuals and families are for financial relief during the coronavirus pandemic, and are sometimes referred to as "stimulus checks." 

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of these payments, and has stated that payments will be sent in waves over the course of multiple weeks into July 2020.

The IRS will distribute payments using the information that the IRS has on file for each eligible individual or family. 

For most of the recipients, payments will be deposited directly into the same bank account that they have most recently used to receive a tax refund or monthly Social Security payment. 

Others will receive paper checks in the mail, at the address that the IRS has on file for that individual. 

Banks, including Bank of America, cannot and do not provide personal account or address information to the IRS. 

Direct deposits are posted for open accounts on the effective date set by the Treasury.

You may have questions about these payments and your Bank of America account information. 

Here are answers to questions you may have, and tools you can use: 

Am I eligible, and when will my payment arrive? Contact the IRS. 

The IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center website has detailed information on eligibility, requesting, calculating and receiving payments.

The IRS Get my Payment websitecan provide you information about the status of your payment, payment type (direct deposit or paper check) and how to set up a direct deposit if available. 

Is my payment in my account? Check account without leaving home.  

If you're receiving your payment through direct deposit: 

Monitor your account and take care of everyday banking needs using our Mobile Banking app1 or in Online Banking. 

We also recommend that you set up a direct deposit account alert to tell you when direct deposits post to your account. 

The description of the deposit in your account will include the word "IRS." Keep in mind, the IRS is using the same description for both the stimulus payment and income tax refund. 

I’ve heard the IRS has a portal you can enter your routing/bank acct info and those should trickle in over time.  Also heard that checks in the mail should start next week but can’t confirm. 
This doesn't exist as of yet. 

Not if you make over a certain amount. 
what is the amount?

ETA:  found it

What are the income thresholds?

The good news is that there is no minimum adjusted gross income threshold. However, there is a maximum income threshold, and your stimulus check amount phases out (gets reduced) by $5 for every $100 above certain income levels based on your tax filing status. If your adjusted gross income is less than this amount, you will get a stimulus check for $1,200 (or $2,400 for married couples filing jointly):

Single Filer: $75,000

Head of Household: $112,500

Married/Joint Filer: $150,000

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a deposit from the IRS in my account dated April 15th for $163.60.  I suppose that is my check?  I guess I didn't really need it anyway.  Bigger donation to the local food pantry I suppose...

Update your bank account or mailing address

If we don’t have your direct deposit information from your 2018 or 2019 return – and we haven’t yet sent your payment – use the Get My Payment application to let us know where to send your direct deposit.

2019 Filers: We will send your payment using the information you provided with your 2019 tax return. You will not be able to change it.

2018 Filers: If you need to change your account information or mailing address, file your 2019 taxes electronically as soon as possible. That is the only way to let us know your new information.

from a good article in Forbes:

When do I get my stimulus check?

The first checks were sent as early as April 9 via direct deposit to taxpayers who provided their direct deposit information on their 2018 or 2019 federal tax return. Check your bank account to learn if your deposit has arrived. Most direct deposits should arrive by April 14. If you did not provide direct deposit information, a paper stimulus check will be mailed to you. The IRS will start sending paper stimulus checks beginning April 24. Approximately 5 million checks are expected to be mailed each week, starting with taxpayers with the lowest adjusted gross income. Therefore, paper checks could take several months between May and September (depending on your adjusted gross income) to arrive. On April 17, the IRS will release a new online tool called Get My Payment, which will also enable you to input your direct deposit information to get your stimulus check faster.

I assume it’s based off the weird IRS rule where they stop qualifying for the $2000 child tax credit when they turn 17.
This is my understanding as well. 

Here's a portion of a write-up I did for work. It's about a week old. The link is helpful. "DR" = domestic relations cases (i.e. divided homes where there's likely some sort of custody order). I did the research with through this lens so ignore some of that specific nuanced stuff to family law. Also, none of this constitutes legal advice and if you have specific issues you should contact a CPA or lawyer in your jurisdiction. 

Who: From what I can gather, the majority of adults who fit under the thresholds for income will qualify and don’t have to do anything. I’d note that any undocumented or unapproved immigrants do not qualify. For calculating the benefit I found a easy-to-use interactive chart here: https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/coronavirus-stimulus-package. The link also provides a nice overview of the stimulus package. Now, key for DR, it appears that in divided family homes the additional child benefit will go to the parent who claimed that the child in the prior tax year on record (be that the 2019 returns if the parent is on top of it and filed already or, in the likely event he or she hasn’t, 2018 return). Continuing with the DR perspective, I see some serious unfairness issues with that because usually the parents alternate years and, as such, the parent who receives the money will arguably be getting an unfair windfall. Additionally, AZ uses a pro-rata formula for figuring out each parent’s financial responsibility to a/the child(ren) so I can see an argument where the primarily financially responsible parent would claim he or she should get the primary benefit. Lastly, this is going to be a mess for parents who got divorced this year and haven’t yet filed 2019 taxes or did so jointly. Unfortunately, I don’t see any safeguards with the Act itself or any sort of guidance on the issue. And, it looks like for those who haven’t filed a 2018 or 2019 return they cannot get the stimulus check until they do so.

What: Generally, it’s a one-time $1200 payment and $500/child. But, at certain thresholds it decreases $5 per every $100 in income and cuts off at a particular limit (including the child bonuses). Again, see the link above

When: Reports I’m reading indicate that payments may have already started as early as April 9, 2020 but should disperse electronically within that week with paper checks being cut thereafter. This payments should be automatic by the federal government.

Why: There’s probably a political answer to this that isn’t worth getting into.

How: From what I can gather, basically an individual’s or married couple’s most recent tax returns will serve to identify who gets money, the income to consider, the identified dependents for the filer (again, for the additional $500 kid bonus), and whether the payment will be made electronically or by mailed check as payment will be made in the same form and fashion as the person got his or her last tax return. For those where there are some logistical issues, I’ve read that the federal government will be creating an online portal for those people to go on to try to apply directly (and likely fix whatever glitch caused the problem – like a new address that wasn’t forwarded or a canceled bank account).

"Payment status not available" here.

Just under $75k in 2018. Not filing 2019 yet, for obvious reasons. No direct deposit though when filing last year's.  My sister and BIL are getting the same message, but they already filed this year, and that hasn't been processed. This scenario is covered under the "reasons why" segment of the portal, but mine is not.

I had a few co-workers who have already received their stimulus, so I asked them to log in and check their status just to see what happens, and they got the same “Payment status not available” message. 

This just isn't true.  There is no way to input your deposit info.
Correct. Tried this initially. I'll either get it mailed out or when the VA  provides my info. Either way, y'all confirmed I am not alone in this so appreciate the feedback.

p.s. I think the IRS is just pizzed at those of us that didn't provide them an interest-free loan the past couple of years.

Lastly, this is going to be a mess for parents who got divorced this year and haven’t yet filed 2019 taxes or did so jointly.
I fall into this category and because of it won’t likely get a check. Would have qualified as a married couple for the full amount last year but won’t qualify for anything single. Unfortunately my ex filed her 2019 taxes so now neither of us will get the money for our child as it was my year to claim him. Could be worse I guess.

Do they make you pay extra when they see all those clowns pouring out of your vehicle?
No i make my kids pay their share of the car insurance when they start driving/buy their own cars. I was in the process of pushing my two adults off my policy when this all started so I’m just keeping them for now. They Pay me though. 

If you mailed a check with your return the IRS will mail you a check. They estimate all checks will be mailed out by early July.
Not exactly. You have to have included direct deposit for your refund in 2018 or 19. If you didn't, I don't think you get direct deposit of this and have to wait for a check which will be mailed someday over the rainbow 

If you mailed a check with your return the IRS will mail you a check. They estimate all checks will be mailed out by early July.
Not exactly. You have to have included direct deposit for your refund in 2018 or 19. If you didn't, I don't think you get direct deposit of this and have to wait for a check which will be mailed someday over the rainbow
Correct, I believe I was replying to the scenario of paying into the IRS and not receiving a refund. However some people who paid in did include their routing numbers so the IRS could collect their money electronically. Those individuals should receive their money via direct deposit. For the individuals who owed and mailed a check with their return the IRS will begin mailing checks through the USPS in a couple of weeks. The process is expected to take 8 weeks. The estimate is early July for everyone who qualified to have been paid. 

What if you owed money on the 2018 or 2019 return and supplied bank account info for the IRS to debit the account?  

Users who are viewing this thread