What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Mekhi Becton more Bryant McKennie or Leonard Davis? (1 Viewer)

NorrisB said:
Very polarizing player, people either love him or hate him. 
Heck if I know but this year it seems like there are 4 B+ level OT talents. Each has a lot of strengths and one or two weaknesses, they all have slightly different profiles. I don't fault any team having them ranked in any order, a team drafting any of them as early as 3 (assuming a trade back was impossible) and I expect all four to go by pick 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
In doing mock drafts I have wondered if Becton would fit the Vikings zone blocking scheme. Well that is what he played in Louisville and he excelled at it, so I think he would be a fine fit for any team.

I believe Bryant McKinnie held some sort of pass blocking record when coming out of college for not giving up sacks and pressures. I don't think Becton is as good a prospect pass blocking, but he might be a better run blocker than he was.

He is a large man so unless he is really slow reacting to speed rushes like Leonard Davis, I don't see why he would be moved to guard, but Becton could likely do that good as well.

He gained a lot of weight in college and people are already advising him to lose 30 or so pounds so that may be a concern throughout his career.

If I had to rank the tackles it would be Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Jones, Becton, Cleveland.

Feels likes a Billy on the Street question. Sir sir for a dollar, is Mekhi Becton more Bryant McKennie or Leonard Davis?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Bryant McKinnie held some sort of pass blocking record when coming out of college for not giving up sacks and pressures. I don't think Becton is as good a prospect pass blocking, but he might be a better run blocker than he was.
I agree with this, McKinnie was thought to be much more of a plug-and-play starting LT. Becton may PROJECT to have a high upside EVENTUALLY but I don't think anyone expects him to be day 1 ready in the same way McKinnie was. Keep in mind this season there may be a shorter window to get him ready for the first game of the season. Good luck preparing for the speed of NFL starting DE's on some VR headset Goodell sends you.

This is one reason I find it hard to believe that Jax and NYJ and MIN and DEN and TB are teams people project to draft Becton so often(sometimes through trades). Those are all teams that need a game ready starting OT RIGHT NOW. Those coaches/situations may not be around if/when Becton becomes a well rounded LT in 2022. Some teams can wait for him to develop while there are a lot of teams that need impact players immediately.

I'd say closer to Davis than McKinnie, and its entirely possible he's not as good as either. It blows my mind that some feel he's worth a top-10 pick. So many issues with his game, he basically needs to be taught from the ground up how to pass block.

I wouldn't take him in round 1 if I ran a team. If I really wanted an OT, I'd take Josh Jones over him, in addition to the big-3.

I'd say closer to Davis than McKinnie, and its entirely possible he's not as good as either. It blows my mind that some feel he's worth a top-10 pick. So many issues with his game, he basically needs to be taught from the ground up how to pass block.

I wouldn't take him in round 1 if I ran a team. If I really wanted an OT, I'd take Josh Jones over him, in addition to the big-3.
Toss in the drug test and he’s clearly my 4th rated OT in the class.

Users who are viewing this thread