Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TripItUp

Has the cure become worse than the disease?

Has the cure become worse than the disease?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

And what it always should have spurred on was how we should be improving mental health care (as well as overall health care) in this country.  Instead, we will prop up corporations instead.

We absolutely screw over people in this country...vulnerable people.  Lets start first with our veterans who face so much when they come back.  That the suicide rate is as high as it is among veterans is a complete failure by this country.   Then...what else can improve by better mental health (hell, it even lends itself into gun debates).  But nope...can't talk about any of that now...even mentioning health care and we get the "don't politicize the tragedy and death"...that will be the call against this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Max Power said:

Thanks all for the update on the California story.

ABC's mid day talk show had a mental health expert on yesterday who referenced that same story and also claimed mental health issues are on the rise and something we need to keep an eye on over the next year or two. 

Well they are on the rise.  They have been for most of the 2000s and it's something we need to take action on.  "Keeping an eye" on time was during the 90s.  Now's the time to act.  That's why there's been such a push to get mental health services into the health bills.  :mellow: 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Kal El said:

104k dead in the US, with no signs of it slowing down. 

Careful. You'll be called a fatalist soon.

You need to add some sunshine and puppies to your posts and post less about reality. 

4 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

Careful. You'll be called a fatalist soon.

You need to add some sunshine and puppies to your posts and post less about reality. 

While I do enjoy a good day outdoors, and cute animals are always a welcome sight, there's a time and place for those. Dealing with a pandemic where the federal response has been nothing short of a disaster, and states have apparently opened back up too soon because at least some people apparently got tired of sitting at home(I know others have to work, relax) is not either of those things.

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

While I do enjoy a good day outdoors, and cute animals are always a welcome sight, there's a time and place for those. Dealing with a pandemic where the federal response has been nothing short of a disaster, and states have apparently opened back up too soon because at least some people apparently got tired of sitting at home(I know others have to work, relax) is not either of those things.

We're on the same page. I'm just saying you'll be getting the same heat I've been getting here soon... if you haven't already. Some people are so desperate to a return to normal that they attack those posting reality. 

11 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

We're on the same page. I'm just saying you'll be getting the same heat I've been getting here soon... if you haven't already. Some people are so desperate to a return to normal that they attack those posting reality. 

I have seen it. It seems to be either using the label "fear mongering," or with offers that I can stay cowering in my home. Correcting them with the fact that I'm an essential worker as an electrician, and that I've been working at a hospital that has Covid patients in it doesn't seem to matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Politician Spock said:

:lmao: but you celebrate the protests

31 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

:lmao: but you celebrate the protests

Our nation was founded in large part by protests. The Boston Tea Party wasn't a bunch of guys sitting around drinking Earl Grey.

15 hours ago, Kal El said:

Our nation was founded in large part by protests. The Boston Tea Party wasn't a bunch of guys sitting around drinking Earl Grey.

Now who is fear mongering?  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonydead said:

Now who is fear mongering?  

Donald Trump is, why?