Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread***

2 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Gabriel Davis was an absolute steal IMO... 

Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

As a Bills fan I’m struggling to get excited in any way about this pick.

1 minute ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

While I don't love the Love pick, this deserves a :blackdot:to see which QB has the better career. Eason is a career backup IMO

He very well could be, but the Colts also didn't lose an opportunity to compete now to get him.

Just now, GroveDiesel said:

Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

I liked him as a later round WR. I think he has a good role in that offense, and helps protect Diggs. He won't be a fantasy target, but of all the WRs left he was my favorite. 

Just now, Slapdash said:

He very well could be, but the Colts also didn't lose an opportunity to compete now to get him.

While I love the Taylor pick, one could have said that they invested enough at RB over the last 3 drafts, and that Taylor wasn't needed. It's not much different than GB spending a 2nd rounder on a RB with Jones... 

Not defending GB's draft, just the difference between Eason and Love is pretty big... much bigger than your OP made it out to be (IND did not get a round 1 talent in round 4...) Although I do agree IND is setting themselves up to win this year much better than GB...

5 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Fell because of his route tree, all he has now is the go route as Grove mentioned. Still a good pick at this stage...........

2 minutes ago, Finatic said:

Fell because of his route tree, all he has now is the go route as Grove mentioned. Still a good pick at this stage...........

His route tree is a palm.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny B. Goode said:

While I love the Taylor pick, one could have said that they invested enough at RB over the last 3 drafts, and that Taylor wasn't needed. It's not much different than GB spending a 2nd rounder on a RB with Jones... 

Not defending GB's draft, just the difference between Eason and Love is pretty big... much bigger than your OP made it out to be (IND did not get a round 1 talent in round 4...) Although I do agree IND is setting themselves up to win this year much better than GB...

Sure, agree there is a world of difference between Love and Eason.  I have Love above Herbert.   I do think Taylor will feast in Indy

Brycen Hopkins to the Rams? Gerald Everett, traded courtesy phone please.

They're certinaly not signing Everett long-term with Higbee signed and now this pick. 

• Like 1

Redskins select WR Anthony Gandy-Golden.  Yet another WR to rot in Washington.  

Country song is over you guys can come back to the thread now.

-QG

Did Miami just take Deejay Dallas as a running back?

Just now, JohnnyU said:

Who in the hell is Deejay Dallas?

A running back. He was popping up in my rookie mocks around the fifth round or so.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

Who in the hell is Deejay Dallas?

WR to RB convert from Miami who it's improving in the role. A good sleeper prospect.

Miami drafts Dallas.

Minnesota drafts Cleveland.

These guys are going to the wrong places.

-QG

1 minute ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Didn't Seattle draft Dallas? 

Yeah, it was the Seahawks. My bad. I saw "Miami" up on the board.

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

This is why the Cowboys needed to draft him.  Keep things simple.

-QG

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

They had it wrong initially.  It did say Miami at first.

• Thanks 1

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 

• Laughing 1

Deejay Dallas, meet Alice Deejay.

Alice, Deejay. Dallas, Alice. 

That would get confusing.

"Do you think you're better off alone?"

7 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 

Painful for this Bengals fan :(

-QG

7 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Surprisingly low in the list of painful things for eagles fans this draft, to be frank

1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Surprisingly low in the list of painful things for eagles fans this draft, to be frank

I already made a "hurts" pun and it got swatted so I'll spare you, but this can't be a good time to be in that Philly thread. 

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I already made a "hurts" pun and it got swatted so I'll spare you, but this can't be a good time to be in that Philly thread. 

There's a good time to be in the Philly thread? 

• Laughing 1

Just now, Johnny B. Goode said:

There's a good time to be in the Philly thread? 

That's a darn fine point. But I enjoy at least their knowledge of their own team. They've got that going for them. 

• Like 1

Kinda shocked Eno Benjamin is still out there.  I watch a lot of Pac-12 ball and I think the guy looked NFL-ready.  Interested to see where he goes.

Kenny Robinson is another good defensive pick for Carolina

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Dallas is killing this draft. Best pre draft values I’ve seen. Almost washes the taste of the Bobby Carpenter, Taco Charlton out of their mouth. 

Almost.

Edited by G-King

ESPN so far behind on talking about the picks vs all their other BS

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Justin Rohrwasser K  - no grade on NFL site.  NFL are not rating kickers anymore or was he that far off the radar. 

Edited by Donnybrook

3 minutes ago, Donnybrook said:

Justin Rohrwasser K  - no grade on NFL site.  NFL are not rating kickers anymore or was he that far off the radar. 

And over guys like Blankenship?  Weird.

17 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Will be interested to see if there's mid-late round movement with Fournette and Breida.

:thumbup: 

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.

Damn, woulda liked to see Tyler Johnson go somewhere where he wouldn't be as buried as he'll be in Tampa.  Will have a hard time seeing the field with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin there.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I guess he could work out of the slot some, but still... woulda liked to see him elsewhere.

Curtis Weaver to Miami... nice edge rusher.

Fins quietly having a nice draft.

And ugh, my boy Collin Johnson going to Jags where he'll compete with Chark for snaps.  Maybe they'll have him pack on 20 pounds and play TE.  

Bills just took Jake Fromm.  What the heck?

26 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

ESPN so far behind on talking about the picks vs all their other BS

I greatly prefer this style of coverage, as opposed to what they did yesterday with holding up the announcements until TV was ready to announce them. I was really disappointed last night when they didn't go to this method like I think they usually do around round 3. (I think)

1 minute ago, Yogibear said:

Bills just took Jake Fromm.  What the heck?

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?

Just now, Grigs Allmoon said:

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?

I thought for sure he'd go to New England.

Just now, Yogibear said:

Nah they rather take a kicker

• Laughing 1

Just now, Yogibear said:

Maybe that's why the Bills took him. :P

4 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

And ugh, my boy Collin Johnson going to Jags where he'll compete with Chark for snaps.  Maybe they'll have him pack on 20 pounds and play TE.  

I don't think he will be competing with Chark for snaps.  I can't believe I've had this guy on one of my devy teams for two years.  Thought about dropping him a couple of times.  Talk about an underachiever.