Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread***

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Gabriel Davis was an absolute steal IMO... 

Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

As a Bills fan I’m struggling to get excited in any way about this pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

While I don't love the Love pick, this deserves a :blackdot:to see which QB has the better career. Eason is a career backup IMO

He very well could be, but the Colts also didn't lose an opportunity to compete now to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GroveDiesel said:

Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

As a Bills fan I’m struggling to get excited in any way about this pick.

I liked him as a later round WR. I think he has a good role in that offense, and helps protect Diggs. He won't be a fantasy target, but of all the WRs left he was my favorite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slapdash said:

He very well could be, but the Colts also didn't lose an opportunity to compete now to get him.

While I love the Taylor pick, one could have said that they invested enough at RB over the last 3 drafts, and that Taylor wasn't needed. It's not much different than GB spending a 2nd rounder on a RB with Jones... 

Not defending GB's draft, just the difference between Eason and Love is pretty big... much bigger than your OP made it out to be (IND did not get a round 1 talent in round 4...) Although I do agree IND is setting themselves up to win this year much better than GB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Is he? I honestly know basically nothing about him other than the quick Googling I just did and it seems like the analysts weren’t really enamored with him. Basically said his only route is the go route, that his hands are pretty bad with a ton of drops, struggles to gain separation, runs poor routes, struggles against press coverage, etc. 

As a Bills fan I’m struggling to get excited in any way about this pick.

Fell because of his route tree, all he has now is the go route as Grove mentioned. Still a good pick at this stage...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Finatic said:

Fell because of his route tree, all he has now is the go route as Grove mentioned. Still a good pick at this stage...........

His route tree is a palm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny B. Goode said:

While I love the Taylor pick, one could have said that they invested enough at RB over the last 3 drafts, and that Taylor wasn't needed. It's not much different than GB spending a 2nd rounder on a RB with Jones... 

Not defending GB's draft, just the difference between Eason and Love is pretty big... much bigger than your OP made it out to be (IND did not get a round 1 talent in round 4...) Although I do agree IND is setting themselves up to win this year much better than GB...

Sure, agree there is a world of difference between Love and Eason.  I have Love above Herbert.   I do think Taylor will feast in Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brycen Hopkins to the Rams? Gerald Everett, traded courtesy phone please.

They're certinaly not signing Everett long-term with Higbee signed and now this pick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redskins select WR Anthony Gandy-Golden.  Yet another WR to rot in Washington.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Country song is over you guys can come back to the thread now.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Miami just take Deejay Dallas as a running back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

Who in the hell is Deejay Dallas?

A running back. He was popping up in my rookie mocks around the fifth round or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

Who in the hell is Deejay Dallas?

WR to RB convert from Miami who it's improving in the role. A good sleeper prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami drafts Dallas.

Minnesota drafts Cleveland.

These guys are going to the wrong places.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Didn't Seattle draft Dallas? 

Yeah, it was the Seahawks. My bad. I saw "Miami" up on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, it was the Seahawks. My bad. I saw "Miami" up on the board.

This is why the Cowboys needed to draft him.  Keep things simple.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, it was the Seahawks. My bad. I saw "Miami" up on the board.

They had it wrong initially.  It did say Miami at first.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deejay Dallas, meet Alice Deejay.

Alice, Deejay. Dallas, Alice. 

That would get confusing.

"Do you think you're better off alone?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 

Painful for this Bengals fan :(

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 

Surprisingly low in the list of painful things for eagles fans this draft, to be frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Surprisingly low in the list of painful things for eagles fans this draft, to be frank

I already made a "hurts" pun and it got swatted so I'll spare you, but this can't be a good time to be in that Philly thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I already made a "hurts" pun and it got swatted so I'll spare you, but this can't be a good time to be in that Philly thread. 

There's a good time to be in the Philly thread? 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny B. Goode said:

There's a good time to be in the Philly thread? 

That's a darn fine point. But I enjoy at least their knowledge of their own team. They've got that going for them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda shocked Eno Benjamin is still out there.  I watch a lot of Pac-12 ball and I think the guy looked NFL-ready.  Interested to see where he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny Robinson is another good defensive pick for Carolina

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

It must be painful for eagle fans to watch the eagles trade a pick to Dallas... and then for them to make a great pick with it... 

Dallas is killing this draft. Best pre draft values I’ve seen. Almost washes the taste of the Bobby Carpenter, Taco Charlton out of their mouth. 
 

Almost.

Edited by G-King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN so far behind on talking about the picks vs all their other BS

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Justin Rohrwasser K  - no grade on NFL site.  NFL are not rating kickers anymore or was he that far off the radar. 

Edited by Donnybrook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Donnybrook said:

Justin Rohrwasser K  - no grade on NFL site.  NFL are not rating kickers anymore or was he that far off the radar. 

And over guys like Blankenship?  Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Will be interested to see if there's mid-late round movement with Fournette and Breida.

:thumbup: 

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, woulda liked to see Tyler Johnson go somewhere where he wouldn't be as buried as he'll be in Tampa.  Will have a hard time seeing the field with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin there.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I guess he could work out of the slot some, but still... woulda liked to see him elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curtis Weaver to Miami... nice edge rusher.

Fins quietly having a nice draft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And ugh, my boy Collin Johnson going to Jags where he'll compete with Chark for snaps.  Maybe they'll have him pack on 20 pounds and play TE.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills just took Jake Fromm.  What the heck?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

ESPN so far behind on talking about the picks vs all their other BS

I greatly prefer this style of coverage, as opposed to what they did yesterday with holding up the announcements until TV was ready to announce them. I was really disappointed last night when they didn't go to this method like I think they usually do around round 3. (I think)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yogibear said:

Bills just took Jake Fromm.  What the heck?

 

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grigs Allmoon said:

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?

I thought for sure he'd go to New England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yogibear said:

I thought for sure he'd go to New England.

Nah they rather take a kicker

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yogibear said:

I thought for sure he'd go to New England.

Maybe that's why the Bills took him. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

And ugh, my boy Collin Johnson going to Jags where he'll compete with Chark for snaps.  Maybe they'll have him pack on 20 pounds and play TE.  

I don't think he will be competing with Chark for snaps.  I can't believe I've had this guy on one of my devy teams for two years.  Thought about dropping him a couple of times.  Talk about an underachiever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.