What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I don't think he will be competing with Chark for snaps.  I can't believe I've had this guy on one of my devy teams for two years.  Thought about dropping him a couple of times.  Talk about an underachiever. 
Huge Horns fan here, and yeah he did underwhelm.  I traded for him in my devy league last year in hopes he'd turn it around.  I certainly won't drop him but I'm not thrilled with the landing spot.

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?
Makes a ton of sense IMO. Allen hasn’t proven that he is a franchise QB yet. Until you know beyond a doubt that you have a franchise QB, you should be taking one every year. Even once you have one, taking one every couple of years is smart.

So why not spend a 5th round pick on a guy that slid, who has some upside and who you know you can sit and develop this year. If Allen shows he is a franchise guy, maybe you develop Fromm and he is either a good backup or you can trade him away for more than a 5th round pick. I like the move.

:thumbup:  

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.
Plus they haven't drafted a RB so they would have a complete black hole there...if they were gonna move him you would think they would have addressed the position at some point in the draft.

I greatly prefer this style of coverage, as opposed to what they did yesterday with holding up the announcements until TV was ready to announce them. I was really disappointed last night when they didn't go to this method like I think they usually do around round 3. (I think)
Just wish it wasn't on such a lag.

Makes a ton of sense IMO. Allen hasn’t proven that he is a franchise QB yet. Until you know beyond a doubt that you have a franchise QB, you should be taking one every year. Even once you have one, taking one every couple of years is smart.

So why not spend a 5th round pick on a guy that slid, who has some upside and who you know you can sit and develop this year. If Allen shows he is a franchise guy, maybe you develop Fromm and he is either a good backup or you can trade him away for more than a 5th round pick. I like the move.
And as suggested above, you keep him away from a divisional foe that could have probably used him.  Why the Pats took that middling kicker over Fromm is a head-scratcher.  

:thumbup:  

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.
Awesome move by Miami, very underrated move. 

And as suggested above, you keep him away from a divisional foe that could have probably used him.  Why the Pats took that middling kicker over Fromm is a head-scratcher.  
Not to sound like a jerk but it's because they don't want him...if they did they easily could have grabbed him at some point...take away the name because we know it and no one would be thinking twice about this...I watched Fromm a lot this year because he is a QB that I thought could fit with the Pats but his arm strength really did not impress me, especially if he is going to be playing outdoors for a cold weather team.

Not to sound like a jerk but it's because they don't want him...if they did they easily could have grabbed him at some point...take away the name because we know it and no one would be thinking twice about this...I watched Fromm a lot this year because he is a QB that I thought could fit with the Pats but his arm strength really did not impress me, especially if he is going to be playing outdoors for a cold weather team.
All good points.  That being said, I sure could use Jarrett Stidham to take the reigns and be a serviceable fantasy option.

All good points.  That being said, I sure could use Jarrett Stidham to take the reigns and be a serviceable fantasy option.
Right now it is definitely heading in that direction...they are not adding any legit competition in the draft and with their cap situation it is almost impossible to add a vet unless they are gonna take a  below-market deal (real below-market).

I think Josh Allen has already shown that his floor is higher than Fromm's ceiling.  This isn't really about rolling the dice on a possible starter as much as it's an attempt to develop somebody who can compete with Barkley.  I'd rather have done that in FA but whatever.  I don't mind investing a late pick in a backup QB, but I'd rather that it not have been this particular backup QB.

When is the last time NE finished last in the AFC East. might happen starting this year and for the foreseeable future.

When is the last time NE finished last in the AFC East. might happen starting this year and for the foreseeable future.
Until someone beats them, they’re still the team to beat. Their defense last year was good enough to win some games regardless of their offense.

For some sick reason, I want the Patriots to draft a sleeper QB with 195th pick to replace Tom Brady,  the former 199th pick.  I know that is beyond the realm of reality but I still want them to do it just for the story line. 

Jaguars just selected Oregon State QB Jake Luton.  Any background on him?
I'm a huge Oregon State fan so have seen him play.  Really like him but I'm biased.  Didn't see him going until round 7 so was pleasantly surprised with where he went.  Good arm, loves to sling the ball.  Had a pretty good season but a lot of his numbers was due to the new coach being a great offensive mind who could put up points.  In a more reserved system like Jax, not sure how that will translate.  He'll need some grooming but I'm happy he made it.

Until someone beats them, they’re still the team to beat.
No they aren't.  Sorry, but that's a dumb cliche.  The Patriots off-season clearly shows they aren't the team to beat.  

So what, you're going to need to see a team actually beat Jarrett Stidham first?  I don't need to wait til September to surmise as much.

For some sick reason, I want the Patriots to draft a sleeper QB with 195th pick to replace Tom Brady,  the former 199th pick.  I know that is beyond the realm of reality but I still want them to do it just for the story line. 
I could see Belicheck using pick 204 for that.

I'm a huge Oregon State fan so have seen him play.  Really like him but I'm biased.  Didn't see him going until round 7 so was pleasantly surprised with where he went.  Good arm, loves to sling the ball.  Had a pretty good season but a lot of his numbers was due to the new coach being a great offensive mind who could put up points.  In a more reserved system like Jax, not sure how that will translate.  He'll need some grooming but I'm happy he made it.
I watched a few highlight on him (so my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously).  I was surprised how well he moves for a 6'6" QB.  I thought he would move like Peyton or Brady at that height.   

I watched a few highlight on him (so my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously).  I was surprised how well he moves for a 6'6" QB.  I thought he would move like Peyton or Brady at that height.   
Interesting.  Mobility is his biggest issue, and the biggest knock on him by far.  But I'm sure the highlights shown on a highlight film probably show some of his better plays in that department.

Interesting.  Mobility is his biggest issue, and the biggest knock on him by far.  But I'm sure the highlights shown on a highlight film probably show some of his better plays in that department.
I am not saying he is fast but he is smooth.  Many QBs that tall move like they are wounded giraffes.  

Users who are viewing this thread