Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread***

Just now, JohnnyU said:

I don't think he will be competing with Chark for snaps.  I can't believe I've had this guy on one of my devy teams for two years.  Thought about dropping him a couple of times.  Talk about an underachiever. 

Huge Horns fan here, and yeah he did underwhelm.  I traded for him in my devy league last year in hopes he'd turn it around.  I certainly won't drop him but I'm not thrilled with the landing spot.

1 minute ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?

Makes a ton of sense IMO. Allen hasn’t proven that he is a franchise QB yet. Until you know beyond a doubt that you have a franchise QB, you should be taking one every year. Even once you have one, taking one every couple of years is smart.

So why not spend a 5th round pick on a guy that slid, who has some upside and who you know you can sit and develop this year. If Allen shows he is a franchise guy, maybe you develop Fromm and he is either a good backup or you can trade him away for more than a 5th round pick. I like the move.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

:thumbup: 

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.

Plus they haven't drafted a RB so they would have a complete black hole there...if they were gonna move him you would think they would have addressed the position at some point in the draft.

6 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

I greatly prefer this style of coverage, as opposed to what they did yesterday with holding up the announcements until TV was ready to announce them. I was really disappointed last night when they didn't go to this method like I think they usually do around round 3. (I think)

Just wish it wasn't on such a lag.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

:shrug:

Why not, I suppose?

Just seems like the exact opposite of Josh Allen.  They will have to dial everything down if he ever needs to go in. 

Edited by Donnybrook

2 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Makes a ton of sense IMO. Allen hasn’t proven that he is a franchise QB yet. Until you know beyond a doubt that you have a franchise QB, you should be taking one every year. Even once you have one, taking one every couple of years is smart.

So why not spend a 5th round pick on a guy that slid, who has some upside and who you know you can sit and develop this year. If Allen shows he is a franchise guy, maybe you develop Fromm and he is either a good backup or you can trade him away for more than a 5th round pick. I like the move.

And as suggested above, you keep him away from a divisional foe that could have probably used him.  Why the Pats took that middling kicker over Fromm is a head-scratcher.  

19 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Love me some Matt Breida. Doubtful IMO we see Fournette dealt unless someone attachs at least a 3rd next year. Jags will get a comp pick when he leaves. May as well run him into the ground unless someone offers better.

The Dolphins got Breida for a 5th round pick. https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1254123265011916800

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Awesome move by Miami, very underrated move. 

Just now, nirad3 said:

And as suggested above, you keep him away from a divisional foe that could have probably used him.  Why the Pats took that middling kicker over Fromm is a head-scratcher.  

Not to sound like a jerk but it's because they don't want him...if they did they easily could have grabbed him at some point...take away the name because we know it and no one would be thinking twice about this...I watched Fromm a lot this year because he is a QB that I thought could fit with the Pats but his arm strength really did not impress me, especially if he is going to be playing outdoors for a cold weather team.

3 minutes ago, Boston said:

Not to sound like a jerk but it's because they don't want him...if they did they easily could have grabbed him at some point...take away the name because we know it and no one would be thinking twice about this...I watched Fromm a lot this year because he is a QB that I thought could fit with the Pats but his arm strength really did not impress me, especially if he is going to be playing outdoors for a cold weather team.

All good points.  That being said, I sure could use Jarrett Stidham to take the reigns and be a serviceable fantasy option.

Marquise Goodwin goin to the Iggles.  

15 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Maybe that's why the Bills took him. :P

If you can't beat em, at least beat em to the punch.

1 minute ago, nirad3 said:

All good points.  That being said, I sure could use Jarrett Stidham to take the reigns and be a serviceable fantasy option.

Right now it is definitely heading in that direction...they are not adding any legit competition in the draft and with their cap situation it is almost impossible to add a vet unless they are gonna take a  below-market deal (real below-market).

1 minute ago, TartanLion said:

Another RB by Lions. Strange

First pick I'm not sure about. Previous WR I love, Danny's eventual replacement.

2 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

Another RB by Lions. Strange

I'm guessing it's more for Special Teams, but there is that wonder about how much the Lions clean house at RB past Kerryon.

3 minutes ago, Mt. Man said:

I'm guessing it's more for Special Teams, but there is that wonder about how much the Lions clean house at RB past Kerryon.

He seems a little like Ty Johnson - very fast 40 time but low down in the rankings. Have to wonder about Ty’s place now 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I think Josh Allen has already shown that his floor is higher than Fromm's ceiling.  This isn't really about rolling the dice on a possible starter as much as it's an attempt to develop somebody who can compete with Barkley.  I'd rather have done that in FA but whatever.  I don't mind investing a late pick in a backup QB, but I'd rather that it not have been this particular backup QB.

• Thanks 1

When is the last time NE finished last in the AFC East. might happen starting this year and for the foreseeable future.

5 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

He seems a little like Ty Johnson - very fast 40 time but low down in the rankings. Have to wonder about Ty’s place now 

Right now Ty is the odd man out. Unless he can beat out the rookie.

Cowboys with an absolute steal in Anae.  They're having a nice draft.  

9 minutes ago, Finatic said:

When is the last time NE finished last in the AFC East. might happen starting this year and for the foreseeable future.

Until someone beats them, they’re still the team to beat. Their defense last year was good enough to win some games regardless of their offense.

8 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Right now Ty is the odd man out. Unless he can beat out the rookie.

Do you think Bo still has a role to play?  He was serviceable when they didn't have much else.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Why is ESPN interviewing neurosurgeons and doing live music?

To remind me how white, middle aged, and suburban I am. I think.

Edit: Wait. Is 48 even middle aged?

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Just now, IvanKaramazov said:

Why is ESPN interviewing neurosurgeons and doing live music?

I was just about to ask the same thing. (I honestly don't mind the Rolle interview as I've been really impressed by his interviews over the past month.) All the other music and COVID talk is annoying to say the least.

I can't find the trade the Colts just made to give up the 6th rounder to the Patriots.  Anyone see what that trade was?

Just now, smbkrypt24 said:

I can't find the trade the Colts just made to give up the 6th rounder to the Patriots.  Anyone see what that trade was?

Mike Onwenu, OG, Michigan

1 minute ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

:unsure:

Just checking. It was the only characteristic I wasn't absolutely certain of.

1 minute ago, Yogibear said:

Mike Onwenu, OG, Michigan

that was the draft choice by the Patriots.  I am wondering what the Patriots gave up to get that pick?

It's now on the NFL Draft Tracker:

Patriots add O-line help after moving up to No. 182

Patriots receive:
» 2020 sixth-round pick (No. 182; select Michigan G Michael Onwenu)

Colts receive:
» 2020 sixth-round pick (No. 212)
» 2020 sixth-round pick (No. 213)

• Thanks 1

In case anyone missed, Dolphins selected LSU long snapper Blake Ferguson.

8 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

His brother is actually the long snapper for the Bills. Smart family to specialize in a position not many play.

Jaguars just selected Oregon State QB Jake Luton.  Any background on him?

For some sick reason, I want the Patriots to draft a sleeper QB with 195th pick to replace Tom Brady,  the former 199th pick.  I know that is beyond the realm of reality but I still want them to do it just for the story line. 

4 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

I'm a huge Oregon State fan so have seen him play.  Really like him but I'm biased.  Didn't see him going until round 7 so was pleasantly surprised with where he went.  Good arm, loves to sling the ball.  Had a pretty good season but a lot of his numbers was due to the new coach being a great offensive mind who could put up points.  In a more reserved system like Jax, not sure how that will translate.  He'll need some grooming but I'm happy he made it.

16 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

The Dolphins new long snapper Blake Ferguson recorded a pro day video to send to teams. He will compete with Taybor Pepper. Ferguson said he's diabetic but said he does good job with blood sugar and is at somewhat lower risk than other diabetics for Coronavirus. https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1254141038450663426

18 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Until someone beats them, they’re still the team to beat.

No they aren't.  Sorry, but that's a dumb cliche.  The Patriots off-season clearly shows they aren't the team to beat.  

So what, you're going to need to see a team actually beat Jarrett Stidham first?  I don't need to wait til September to surmise as much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Donnybrook said:

For some sick reason, I want the Patriots to draft a sleeper QB with 195th pick to replace Tom Brady,  the former 199th pick.  I know that is beyond the realm of reality but I still want them to do it just for the story line. 

I could see Belicheck using pick 204 for that.

Packers just selected Michigan OG Jon Runyan.  Any relation to the other Jon Runyan?

3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I'm a huge Oregon State fan so have seen him play.  Really like him but I'm biased.  Didn't see him going until round 7 so was pleasantly surprised with where he went.  Good arm, loves to sling the ball.  Had a pretty good season but a lot of his numbers was due to the new coach being a great offensive mind who could put up points.  In a more reserved system like Jax, not sure how that will translate.  He'll need some grooming but I'm happy he made it.

I watched a few highlight on him (so my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously).  I was surprised how well he moves for a 6'6" QB.  I thought he would move like Peyton or Brady at that height.   

24 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Chicks love the long snapper.

Just now, Donnybrook said:

I watched a few highlight on him (so my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously).  I was surprised how well he moves for a 6'6" QB.  I thought he would move like Peyton or Brady at that height.   

Interesting.  Mobility is his biggest issue, and the biggest knock on him by far.  But I'm sure the highlights shown on a highlight film probably show some of his better plays in that department.

20 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

I was hoping he'd backup Tanny.

13 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Packers just selected Michigan OG Jon Runyan.  Any relation to the other Jon Runyan?

His son.

5 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Interesting.  Mobility is his biggest issue, and the biggest knock on him by far.  But I'm sure the highlights shown on a highlight film probably show some of his better plays in that department.

I am not saying he is fast but he is smooth.  Many QBs that tall move like they are wounded giraffes.