What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coolest Athlete All-Time? (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
The Jordan talk lately had me thinking. Is there any athlete ever any sport that matches Jordan's "swag" / cool factor?

Ali for sure. That's pretty much it.

Brady? Deion?

Struggling to even think of one in Baseball. The whole sport is kind of against showing swag. Reggie Jackson maybe?

I don't know Soccer well enough to sort the posers out. That Zoltan dude cracks me up and seems like he backs it up.

Jesse Owens.  

From his Wikipedia page:  "Owens achieved track and field immortality in a span of 45 minutes on May 25, 1935, during the Big Ten meet at Ferry Field in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where he set three world records and tied a fourth. He equaled the world record for the 100-yard dash (9.4 seconds) (not to be confused with the 100-meter dash), and set world records in the long jump (26 ft 8 1⁄4 in or 8.13 m, a world record that would last for 25 years); 220 yards (201.2 meters) sprint (20.3 seconds); and 220-yard low hurdles (22.6 seconds, becoming the first to break 23 seconds)."

So dominate. 

He just had so little charisma. At least to me. Was just like a soul crushing robot on the course though. Smoked everyone.
Knew a guy that went to college with Tiger. Said Tiger was a dweeb. Great at golf and hardworking, but not cool. 

Baseball and hockey are seriously lacking in this area. The sports aren't built around this.

I don't know hockey well enough but baseball is seriously lacking in players who were great on the field and were swag-filled

Ricky Henderson? Reggie?

Baseball and hockey are seriously lacking in this area. The sports aren't built around this.

I don't know hockey well enough but baseball is seriously lacking in players who were great on the field and were swag-filled

Ricky Henderson? Reggie?
I think there are lots of cool hockey players but in a more understated way

NFL - I know it's early, but Mahomes plays like he doesn't have a care in the world

MLB - Babe Ruth was immortal.  Drank like a fish, smoked like a chimney, and ate like a lion.  He could've had any woman he wanted, but in the end, he was just a big boy in a man's body.

NBA - Magic Johnson was Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon combined into one.

NHL - I hate hockey!

I guess we are defining cool as swagger?

I always held Barry Sanders as ubercool for not being a showboat/having swagger.

Handing the ball back to the ref without celebration of the TD after a one of a kind break-multiple-ankles type of run was the ultimate in showing everyone he's "been there, done that."

I know nothing about this dude but his interviews are amazing. Very fun to listen to him talk.

I googled him after one and saw he's also really good.
LA Galaxy midfielder Joao Pedro claims Zlatan Ibrahimovic once threatened to kill his teammates and boasted of his wealth after a match.
Ibrahimovic was furious at LA Galaxy squandering a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 against Houston Dynamo at home on the final day of the 2018 campaign.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored for fun at LA Galaxy and is one of the most prolific scorers in the league’s history

The MLS giants finished the season in 13th place and had to contend with a seething Swede in the dressing room.

Pedro, who is on loan at Portuguese club Tondela, told Record: “At the end of the game, he gave us a talking to.

“He said ‘if you are going to come here to go to the beach or take a walk in Hollywood, just say so. I have 300 million on my account, an island, I don’t need this for anything. The first one who says something to me, I will kill him.’”

I’m not sure what we are talking about here
SWAG

Great players kind of have it already just by being great....Russell Wilson comes to mind. He's a stud but doesn't have swag is just an awesome player.

Few can have it I guess simply because the amount of great players is very limited.

I have also drank almost an entire bottle of wine :lol:

SWAG

Great players kind of have it already just by being great....Russell Wilson comes to mind. He's a stud but doesn't have swag is just an awesome player.

Few can have it I guess simply because the amount of great players is very limited.

I have also drank almost an entire bottle of wine :lol:
Do you mean on the field or off?

Users who are viewing this thread