What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Veterans who lost Fantasy value due to the draft (1 Viewer)

I don’t see how it doesn’t hurt Cooper. He was already sharing targets with Gallup last year and now it’s another big time mouth to feed - plus Zeke catches a good amount of passes. Unless you think the Cowboys are going to immediately become Air Martz with the Rams, that one football is not a lot to fill all those stomachs.
It would be surprising for Dallas to move away from their highly paid and effective RB.  I think Gallup is the short term loser and then Cooper is moved in a couple of years.   Cooper has had to battle through leg/foot injuries that may be making the Cowboys concerned too. 

OJ Howard
To be fair, his objective, non speculative value just didn't increase.

That situation is almost as frustrating as a fan as the Titans refusal to give Derrick Henry the rock enough until this year. Not to imply he's eventually as good, but the coach not using the talent we (some of us) see. 

I think Courland Sutton banged Elways wife at some point last season.
Maybe they weren’t expecting Jeudy to be there. Anyway, teams need more than one WR and they’re trying to put Lock in the best position to succeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dynasty teams took a hit with these picks so I will comment on the ones that affected me.

Sutton- I think Jeudy is the cream of the WR crop so my initial reaction was WTF, but it seems like most think it is a compliment rather than a value killer????

Aaron Jones- total shock on GB taking an RB but it looks like this is a 2021 move with Jones moving on after this season.

RoJo- My initial reaction this will be a full blown competition with the better pass  blocking RB being the winner 

T-Mobile- in SF I think he is a buy low. Herbert is not ready now and IMO may never be ready, the Chargers are ready to win now and will not be putting Herbert out there for the next 2 years

Wentz & Rodgers- I would be buying low  rather than bailing because of these draft moves

Zach Ertz and a lot more ALshon Jeffrey. 

Ertz: Because with these new WR's less volume and targets for him now but he's still a big RZ threat and he's Wentz's favorite target

Jeffrey: He's probably getting cut if you had any hope of getting him with a after June 1st designation. The Eagles can spread the dead money over 2 yrs now I believe with the new CBA signed. Depending where he goes he may not see another situation as good as the one he leaves in Philly. Plus with his injuries not looking good

Nobody’s taking a major hit from guys drafted here on out. 
PUBLISHED SAT APR 25 3:12:38 P.M. MT 2020 

(dynastyleaguefootball) The Steelers selected running back Anthony McFarland Jr. with the 182nd selection in the NFL Draft

Analysis: McFarland is slightly undersized and was slowed in 2019 due to a high ankle sprain but his skill set to present some challenge to Conner's starting role, but he'll face similar challenge from Benny Snell and Jaylen Samuels. McFarland's legitimate 4.40 speed could provide upside but, on the surface, Conner should continue to sit atop the depth chart. It's obvious the Steelers' coaching staff is looking for more consistency and dynamic from the position and it may be an expanded committee approach heading into 2020. James Conner holds a tenuous RB21 ranking in DLF's running back rankings.

dmac37 said:
T-Mobile- in SF I think he is a buy low. Herbert is not ready now and IMO may never be ready, the Chargers are ready to win now and will not be putting Herbert out there for the next 2 years
QBs taken in the top 6 do not sit for 2 years. He could sit the entire year if the Chargers are winning but odds are he‘ll see at least 8 starts.

The Cowboys shed 166 targets from the 2019 team when Cobb and Witten left.  It's not much of a stretch to say that Lamb gets the Cobb role (and maybe some of Witten's as well), and there's zero change to the targets that Gallup and Cooper get.
Jarwin is the big winner there. Should be a top 10 TE this year. 

dmac37 said:
Wentz & Rodgers- I would be buying low  rather than bailing because of these draft moves
As a Wentz dynasty owner, I'm not selling low at this point. He just got the most deep-threat talent he's ever had. We saw what he did in one game with a healthy DJax last year.

PUBLISHED SAT APR 25 3:12:38 P.M. MT 2020 

(dynastyleaguefootball) The Steelers selected running back Anthony McFarland Jr. with the 182nd selection in the NFL Draft

Analysis: McFarland is slightly undersized and was slowed in 2019 due to a high ankle sprain but his skill set to present some challenge to Conner's starting role, but he'll face similar challenge from Benny Snell and Jaylen Samuels. McFarland's legitimate 4.40 speed could provide upside but, on the surface, Conner should continue to sit atop the depth chart. It's obvious the Steelers' coaching staff is looking for more consistency and dynamic from the position and it may be an expanded committee approach heading into 2020. James Conner holds a tenuous RB21 ranking in DLF's running back rankings.
4th rounder, meh. Everyone was convinced the Steelers were spending a day 2 pick on Conners replacement. Snell and Samuels are the ones in trouble, Conner gets one last chance to prove he can stay healthy and be the man. Otherwise, they draft a real replacement next year.

As a Wentz dynasty owner, I'm not selling low at this point. He just got the most deep-threat talent he's ever had. We saw what he did in one game with a healthy DJax last year.
Was offered Rodgers for Wentz straight up in my main dynasty league, and I brought up those exact points to the owner when I turned him down. :thumbup:

dmac37 said:
My dynasty teams took a hit with these picks so I will comment on the ones that affected me.

Sutton- I think Jeudy is the cream of the WR crop so my initial reaction was WTF, but it seems like most think it is a compliment rather than a value killer????

RoJo- My initial reaction this will be a full blown competition with the better pass  blocking RB being the winner 

Wentz - I would be buying low  rather than bailing because of these draft moves
Got all 3 in dynasty and I am quite happy with the results. Juedy will not be taking the #1. He's a skinny dude and will probably be hurt anyway. He certainly wont be coming in and taking Sutton's job. Sutton will out work him and maintain his status as Lock's #1 WR.

RoJo has no competition. Ke'shawn Vaughn is a rooking and you won't be seeing that rookie taking a 3 year vet's job who the HC and GM think has not even peaked yet. They think RoJo can be a 3 down back. 

(April 11, 2020 1:16 AM ET) Both general manager Jason Licht and head coach Bruce Arians remain high on Jones' upside, although that won't preclude them from focusing on the running back position in the upcoming draft, Carmen Vitali of the team's official site reports.

Licht was effusive in his praise of Jones during a Thursday conference call with reporters, noting the team thinks the third-year back "hasn't even scratched the surface of what he can be". That type of sentiment would have been virtually inconceivable with respect to Jones at this time last year, as the USC product was coming off an utterly forgettable rookie season in which he rushed for just 44 yards at a minuscule 1.9 yards per carry. However, Jones made significant strides in 2019 with a 172-724-6 line on the ground that he complemented with 31 receptions. His work through the air supports the notion Jones is on the path to becoming a legitimate every-down back, but Licht notes the team will enter this year's draft still looking to fortify the position. "We have a lot of faith in Ronald, and in fact, we have more faith in him now that we ever have," Licht said. "But that's another position, as you can tell [when] you look across the league, some of the better teams they have one, two or three guys, sometimes four, that they can rely on in different roles in their offense."

Wentz - Soured on day 2 but after the trade for Goodwin and the next 2 Wrs. That is insane speed for Wentz. Hopefully it is used in crossing routes where Wentz can get rid of it quick and let the WR make the play.

4th rounder, meh. Everyone was convinced the Steelers were spending a day 2 pick on Conners replacement. Snell and Samuels are the ones in trouble, Conner gets one last chance to prove he can stay healthy and be the man. Otherwise, they draft a real replacement next year.
That's the way I see it. Snell is too slow and Samuels had his shot and didn't cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread