What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

most UN-athletic looking athletes of all time (1 Viewer)

Seems like a lot of you guys are just posting ugly people.  Honestly, most athletes are ugly, but generally in shape.  It is the fat ones that usually surprise me.

Seems like a lot of you guys are just posting ugly people.  Honestly, most athletes are ugly, but generally in shape.  It is the fat ones that usually surprise me.
I think Gretzky was a great call, and he's a good looking guy. Guy has the body shape of an ironing board in a highly physical game, and look what he accomplished. 

Willie McGee looked like a pencil with a grape attached - ugly? sure. 

but that "physique" looked like it would snap in two if ya farted near him. 

I think Gretzky was a great call, and he's a good looking guy. Guy has the body shape of an ironing board in a highly physical game, and look what he accomplished. 
He doesn't look particularly unathletic though. He doesn't look like a world class athlete

I remember Ralph Kiner (who was always a trip) as the color commentator once saying something like "If Rick Reuschel appears to be fat on your screen....well...it's because he is."
Ralph and Nelson and Murphy definitely tossed a few back in that Channel 9 (WOR) booth, amirite?

Kiner, on one drunken Father's Day:  " great crowd here at Shea for Father's day ... and to all the Dad's out there, Happy Birthday!"

:lmao:

Now where's the "Athletic looking but sucked at sports" thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralph and Nelson and Murphy definitely tossed a few back in that Channel 9 (WOR) booth, amirite?

Kiner, on one drunken Father's Day:  " great crowd here at Shea for Father's day ... and to all the Dad's out there, Happy Birthday!"

:lmao:
I remember reading a review of Kiner's Korner that called it the funniest show on television since The Honeymooners.

Manute Bol

Mickey Lolich
Mickey Lolich`s stats for 1971 are incredible in many ways.  Lolich pitched every 4th day, tossed 363 innings, 308Ks and did not miss a start. Lolich was 25-19 in 1971 with 29 complete games.

To compare with former Tigers, Justin Verlander has 26 complete games in his 15 year career.  Max Sherzer has 9 complete games in 12 seasons.

Mickey Lolich`s stats for 1971 are incredible in many ways.  Lolich pitched every 4th day, tossed 363 innings, 308Ks and did not miss a start. Lolich was 25-19 in 1971 with 29 complete games.

To compare with former Tigers, Justin Verlander has 26 complete games in his 15 year career.  Max Sherzer has 9 complete games in 12 seasons.
wonderful. 

no one slagged his career. 

wonderful. 

no one slagged his career. 
I know, it is just those stats are so unheard of in todays game.  Plus Lolich never had any arm issues.  I always liked what Nolan Ryan said about pitch counts.  Forget counting pitches, the hitters will tell you when you are done.

Cortez Kennedy - Even for a DT, he was fat, in addition to being short and pear-shaped. But he ran a sub 5.0 40 and his short shuttle time was unreal.

Charles Barkley (as a rookie and in college) - Too short and too fat to be a dominant and explosive player

Oliver Miller - Even heavier than Barkley, but was unbelievably light on his feet, had a great handle and a nice shooting touch

Mark Eaton (okay, he wasn't actually an athlete at all, but he did play pro basketball) - Lurch in basketball shorts. He wasn't athletic at all, but he made a lot of money being tall

Vlade Divac - He looks like a tall, skinny-fat Yakov Smirnoff and you could smell the stink of cigarettes and vodka through the TV, yet he could really play

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, it is just those stats are so unheard of in todays game.  Plus Lolich never had any arm issues.  I always liked what Nolan Ryan said about pitch counts.  Forget counting pitches, the hitters will tell you when you are done.
:hifive:

on my last ever visit to the ol' Yankee Stadium we were treated to Wilbur Wood (as unathletic looking as any of 'em) start both games of a doubleheader. 

similar to Lolich in many ways, dude logged a ton of innings. 

Rulon Gardner

Jim Miller

Tom Brady (during his combine)

Bill Wennington (wife and I were watching The Last Dance and she goes, "wait, that guy was actually a player?" - led to me explaining the whole errant philosophy of 80s NBA that the center needed to just be really tall)

Luke Chadwick

Eddie Gaedel (maybe this one is cheating, but he's technically a professional baseball player who had a plate appearance in the show)

Users who are viewing this thread