What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wentz for Gurley? (1 Viewer)

pkroper22

Footballguy
Few things to make note of...

This is an 8-team dynasty league (going into our 14th year), so most of the rosters are loaded.  We made a rule change before the start of last season that goes into effect this year where we will have a 2 QB starting requirement as opposed to 1.  All teams will be required to only have 2 QB's on their roster heading into the draft (after the draft, as many as you prefer).

Current QB's on my roster are:  Mahomes, J. Allen, Wentz, Darnold, Minshew

Knowing that I am most likely going to keep Mahomes and Allen, an owner offered Gurley for Wentz.  I know that in a start 2 QB league, Gurley is not very close in value for Wentz, but if not for the fact that I am probably going to have to drop him, I think I'd prefer to get something instead of nothing.  Would love to hear thoughts on this one.  Or is J. Allen the one I should be moving?

Starting requirements:  QB, QB, RB, WR, 3 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), K

This is also an IDP team, but for the sake of simplicity, I'm not worried about the defensive side of it.

League rosters here:  http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=33236&O=07

I am team "Mahomes Are Darnold".  Would be trading with "I'm F***ing Matt Damon".

Appreciate all and any suggestions/advice given.

An 8-team league being a two QB league is essentially equivalent to a 1 QB league that is a large size.  It increases the value of QB's but not that much especially when you are limiting the keepers to only 2 per team.  There will be plenty of depth around.  I think this is an easy accept if I were you.  You have the depth and are going to let Wentz go (as you stated).  You are getting Gurley for free.

An 8-team league being a two QB league is essentially equivalent to a 1 QB league that is a large size.  It increases the value of QB's but not that much especially when you are limiting the keepers to only 2 per team.  There will be plenty of depth around.  I think this is an easy accept if I were you.  You have the depth and are going to let Wentz go (as you stated).  You are getting Gurley for free.
Gally,  I appreciate your advice.  When reading through all these threads, I always look to see if you have a response in there somewhere.  I'll be sending a trade offer and let you know if I get the deal done.

Users who are viewing this thread