What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank em' (RBs) Now That We Have Landing Spots (1 Viewer)

Ack88

Footballguy
Edwards- Hellaire, KC

Taylor, Indianapolis

Akers, Rams

Swift, Detroit

Dobbins, Ravens

I'll go CEH, Taylor, then Swift.

CEH will be a lead dog from day #1 and has the pass catching chops to be great in both standard and ppr formats.

Love the landing spot for Taylor, but Mack will take some touches, which gives CEH the edge.

Akers, looks like some kind of timeshare with Henderson

Swift looks mired in a timeshare, putting him the clear 4th

Dobbins, better dynasty outlook than short term with Ingram in the fold

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I lean in the same general direction.  I'm WR rich (sorta) and RB poor in my dynasty league, so I'm biased; otherwise Lamb and Jeudy would be in the mix.

I don't think Swift is going to be in a timeshare at all, but I like the other two landing spots better, so same order.

Wow, RBs have gone to pretty good spots imo. For ppr my tentative thoughts are:

1. CEH

2. Taylor

3. Dobbins (considering the usual boost that elite runners at QB give to rushing offenses, and Dobbins was one of my favorite guys coming into the draft)

4. Swift (I don't see DET as a bad spot at all; I've been a little down on him due to underwhelming production but he's very gifted and a strong receiver)

5. Akers (Rams offense seems a very strong fit for his skill set)

Edwards- Hellaire, KC

Taylor, Indianapolis

Akers, Rams

Swift, Detroit

Dobbins, Ravens

I'll go CEH, Taylor, then Swift.

CEH will be a lead dog from day #1 and has the pass catching chops to be great in both standard and ppr formats.

Love the landing spot for Taylor, but Mack will take some touches, which gives CEH the edge.

Akers, looks like some kind of timeshare with Henderson

Swift looks mired in a timeshare, putting him the clear 4th

Dobbins, better dynasty outlook than short term with Ingram in the fold

Thoughts?
Henderson, lol.

In PPR leagues, I’m a bit leery of Jonathan Taylor. Not sure of his pass catching ability - didn’t have to do much of that at Wisconsin and they may use Hines a lot in that role.

Andy Dufresne said:
He caught more passes than Swift did last year.
College systems aside, Swift seems like he has more pass catching ability, but could be wrong.

Quick gut picks

Taylor

CEH

Swift

---

Dobbins

Akers

---

Moss

---

Dillon

Vaughn 

Evans

1. Edwards-Helaire(easy call)

2. Taylor(lack of receiving makes me a little nervous)

3. Dobbins(sky high long term upside, but likely not a ton as a rookie)

4. Moss(its not hard to see Singletary as a COP/3rd down type)

5. Swift(If Johnson can stay healthy I think he's the more talented player, making Swift more of a 3rd down RB probably a minority opinion)

6. Akers(not sure he's better than Henderson, and its a rough o-line)

7. Vaughn(not sure he's better than Jones, could see another RB added next year) 

8. Dillon(almost zero interest)

9. Evans(actual zero interest)

In a rookie draft, I probably start taking WR's after Swift, even though they had some rough landing spots too.

Trying to combine draft position, fit and competition,, the possibility of time share into tiers like this

32 Clyde Edwards Helare KC - Best offense and draft capital. Williams will likely still time share somewhat but Helare will get the higher value opportunities.
41 Johnathan Taylor IND - Best offensive line. Taylor could be amazing here.

55 JK Dobbins BAL - LIkely have to wait for Ingram for this season possibly longer? Otherwise this looks like a great fit.
35 DeAndre Swift DET - Patriots west and RBBC expected. Swift still very good though.
52 Can Akers RAM - I seem to have over valued Henderson last year. Reminds me a bit of when they had Tre Mason but replaced him with Gurley anyways. Maybe this will be more of a split than we think, but giving Akers and the higher draft position the edge here.

86 Zach Moss BUF - WIll split with Singletary
76 KeShaun Vaughn TAM - I like the opportunity more than the player. Ronald Jones not so good.
62 AJ Dillon GBP - Time share with Aaron Jones.

93 Darrynton Evans TEN - I have no idea who this guy is.

:2cents:

1st round picks:

32 Clyde Edwards Helare KC - easily the #1 in PPR

41 Johnathan Taylor IND - should be very good but lacks the receiving ability of CEH

35 DeAndre Swift DET - 1A in Detroit 

55 JK Dobbins BAL - like Taylor but less

Late 2nd or 3rd round picks

62 AJ Dillon GBP - will combine with love to do well. But when?

52 Can Akers LAR - committee back, both could be replaced in a couple years

3rd/4th round

86 Zach Moss BUF - I like what Buffalo has been doing, but I like Singletary more than Moss

76 KeShaun Vaughn TAM - I don't think he beats out RJ. Could be solid if he does.

93 Darrynton Evans TEN - I don't know much about the guy but from what I've read he could be a decent COP back from Henry. I like it for the Titans but should be a late round pick in FF. First back taken with zero chance to start. 

Dynasty rankings

1. CEH- hard to go against any Andy Reid rb. Williams will eat into him a little this year.

2. Taylor- good rb, great line, great coach (imo) he should do fine- Mack will get some work this year

3. Dobbins- Ingram has been a solid rb for NO and BAL, but he’s getting older and toward the end of the season they seemed to spread out the touches a bit. While Ingram is still the guy, I think JK gets plenty of work this year and beyond.

4. Swift- predicting they won’t be a timeshare? Since when hasn’t this regime used a committee? Still a great back, but as a lions fan I’m tempering expectations because I know better.

5. Keshawn Vaughn- bold but he’s in a great spot and Jones is surpassable. Maybe more of a short term investment though.

6. Cam Akers- I think Henderson will get a look and perhaps this is going to be a committee, but I could be wrong as they had lots of holes to fill but took cam.

7. AJ Dillon- I like this guy, and wasn’t surprised someone took him in rd 2. Was surprised it was GB. Jones is a good back, but may demand a sizeable contract after this year. Williams is an ok backup but isn’t great. He could be the starter in 2021. 

8. Zach Moss- First I’ll acknowledge I’m not the biggest moss fan to begin with, so it’s probably reflected here. Cards on the table i still might take Gibson/Evans over him. We all expected Buffalo to take a rb; they weren’t rolling out frank gore another year. Singletary has played really well, I’m not sure why everyone thinks he’s going to play second fiddle to whatever rookie they bring in. 

9.  Antonio Gibson- don’t know much about him honestly- but he’s in a spot with lots of opportunity. 

10. Darrynton Evans- app st kid played well vs tough competition, has the measurables, and is in as solid a landing spot you could hope for. I’ll take the kid backing up a guy who carried it a million times any day. Showed some receiving chops last year as well. Reminds me a bit of a Ronald Jones that can catch. Could be a huge sleeper if Henry gets hurt or they can’t resign him after this year. 

This draft has led to much uncertainty in many backfields and is a glaring reminder for me why I build my dynasty teams with young WR talent first. Young backs like Mack, Kerryon, Singletary and Henderson (to a lesser extent) can have their value slashed with the selection of a back by their team in the top 3 rounds. The landscape changes quickly with RBs. In a recent start up I did these names were taken around (often before) names like KAllen, Lockett, Woods, Chark and McLauren. If you’re not in that super first tier of RBs - you’re never safe from competing for your job...

Everyone is forgetting about Antonio Gibson. He's a really good football player that can play RB or WR. They may build around him like Rivera did with McCaffrey. 

Peterson - old and just about done.
Guice - not reliable and not a Rivera draft pick.
Love -  Certainly not as good as Gibson so he will pass him right up.
Peyton Barber - probably doesn't make team. Useless if he does.

Everyone is forgetting about Antonio Gibson. He's a really good football player that can play RB or WR. 

Given the Redskins depth chart I think he's going to be listed as a WR.

That is possible and would be gold if he ended him carrying the ball 10-15 times. RB production out of a WR. That's what I am looking at.
I think 10-15 touches (not carries) is the north end of his range of potential outcomes. I think it's important to remember how much of a projection he is right now. A worthwhile risk after the top tiers go, but reaching wouldn't be wise. Cause even if he gets to the north end this year and Guice's chair in the training room stays warm they may just replace him next year. 

Draft reliable players first then consider getting creative with him later. That's what I'm doing. 

CEH and Taylor ended up in perfect spots for their skill sets. They are head and shoulders above the rest in value IMO and jump up pretty high in startup value as well. I would almost want the 1.02 over the 1.01 this year so I don’t have to choose between the two. What awesome fits they fell into.

Dobbins with a great spot as well and would be in the next tier by himself.

I agree Gibson is more of a RB than a WR at least right now.

I believe they drafted him as a WR though and that is what his designation would be for fantasy.

Everyone is forgetting about Antonio Gibson. He's a really good football player that can play RB or WR. They may build around him like Rivera did with McCaffrey. 

I don’t count out guice and love just yet. I think you’re right about Gibson though, he can be a tremendous weapon. An extended offseason might bode well for guice and love though. Is guice done? Maybe, but some extra time to heal and train and who knows what this year will bring. Love basically medically redshirted a year, but was a pretty good looking prospect at one point in time, and hasn’t had a chance to show what he can do. Interesting to see where Gibson falls in fantasy drafts, could have huge ceiling for a 2nd rd investment. 

CEH

Taylor, Dobbins Akers, Swift

Big gap between CEH and the rest. Taylor's situation is decent, except questions around his pass catching could end up limiting his upside in ppr. Dobbin's path to receptions isn't straight forward either because of Hill being there and RBs not really being focus in the passing game for Baltimore. These things change though, maybe sort of. Akers has a murky situation with Henderson being there; it's difficult to see how that all works out. Really disappointing drop zone for Swift as a fan of his talent and a Kerryon owner (quite by accident). Patricia is a vocal advocate and demonstrated adherent to a committee approach. Swift's path to immediate RB2-3 production is solid, but his long term outlook has questions. 4 years of sharing a backfield is not appealing. Quite likely the Lions will bring in a new coaching staff by next year in which case probably things change for the better, so there's that.

This thread already has about 10 different combinations of RBs 2-4. Throwing in all receivers taken early should make for some very interesting rookie drafts. I personally think there's a small gap between 2-10 making this a good year to have a late 1st. I will be looking to trade back in the couple of leagues where I have the 1.02.

Everyone that is saying Dobbins will get the job full time in 2021, I wouldn't make that assumption. The Ravens LOVE Ingram. Lamar LOVES Ingram. I'm not saying Dobbins won't be good, and not challenging him as a top 3 or 4 rookie pick, but if you are basing it on Ingram being gone, I think that's a mistake. Reminds me of when Stewart came into the league and everyone assumed DeAngelo would be gone the next year. 

Everyone that is saying Dobbins will get the job full time in 2021, I wouldn't make that assumption. The Ravens LOVE Ingram. Lamar LOVES Ingram. I'm not saying Dobbins won't be good, and not challenging him as a top 3 or 4 rookie pick, but if you are basing it on Ingram being gone, I think that's a mistake. Reminds me of when Stewart came into the league and everyone assumed DeAngelo would be gone the next year. 
DeAngelo wasn't over 30 though, he was 25, and that was before everyone realized how replaceable RB's were.

Trying to combine draft position, fit and competition,, the possibility of time share into tiers like this

32 Clyde Edwards Helare KC - Best offense and draft capital. Williams will likely still time share somewhat but Helare will get the higher value opportunities.
41 Johnathan Taylor IND - Best offensive line. Taylor could be amazing here.

55 JK Dobbins BAL - LIkely have to wait for Ingram for this season possibly longer? Otherwise this looks like a great fit.
35 DeAndre Swift DET - Patriots west and RBBC expected. Swift still very good though.
52 Can Akers RAM - I seem to have over valued Henderson last year. Reminds me a bit of when they had Tre Mason but replaced him with Gurley anyways. Maybe this will be more of a split than we think, but giving Akers and the higher draft position the edge here.

86 Zach Moss BUF - WIll split with Singletary
76 KeShaun Vaughn TAM - I like the opportunity more than the player. Ronald Jones not so good.
62 AJ Dillon GBP - Time share with Aaron Jones.

93 Darrynton Evans TEN - I have no idea who this guy is.
I think you might be remembering that a bit wrong. Mason had multiple arrests, a mental breakdown, no showed camp, was literally missing for several days, and then fell out of the league.

Also, Akers is maybe 25% the prospect Gurley was. Gurley was a top-10 pick despite tearing his ACL, and being 50-50 to even play as a rookie. If Gurley were healthy that year, he's probably #3 overall.

Users who are viewing this thread