What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Stay At Home order lifted tomorrow, how would your behavior change? (1 Viewer)

If Stay At Home order lifted for your area tomorrow, how would your behavior change?

• No change, continue as I am now (highly affected area)

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • No change, continue as I am now (minimally affected area)

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • Some increase in activity, but stay home much more than usual (highly affected area)

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Some increase in activity, but stay home much more than usual (minimally affected area)

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • Significant increase in activity, but not as much as normal (highly affected area)

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Significant increase in activity, but not as much as normal (highly affected area)

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Return to normal (highly affected area)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Return to normal (minimally affected area)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I haven't been adhering to stay at home now (highly affected area)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven't been adhering to stay at home now (minimally affected area)

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gianmarco

Footballguy
Now that time has passed and we've been through this for a period of time and adjusted, I'm curious how much everyone's behavior would change in the short term. Assume that everything could open back up and there would be no restrictions as to what you could do.

Feel free to elaborate on travel, activity, mask usage, hand washing, distancing, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted "No Change/Highly Affected"

Been sheltering in place for 6 weeks and don't mind it at all. Before the pandemic, my daily routine was little more than "go to work, then go home"........so my routine hasn't really changed except that "work" is in my home office.

My kids want to get out. I took one with me yesterday to run some errands in town. She said “I wonder if anything has changed”. So I would like to take them to the park, the springs, the beach. 

Same. I don't go out much anyway. Wearing a cloth mask is a good idea in enclosed places like stores even when social distancing is over. I hate being sick. I've always washed hands, use sanitiser frequently, a habit I kept after chemo. 

South Carolina is slowly opening some stores back up, but I don’t intend to go shopping for furniture, clothes or sporting goods anytime soon. The only change I foresee soon is allowing the kids to visit friends outside. 

If you've been going to the supermarket or home depot pretty much as you normally would except with a  mask and practicing social distancing, does that mean you haven't been adhering to stay at home?   Asking for a friend.   

If it happened, No change for at least a week+

—Highly infected area (Long Island NY)

—Pretty high risk house. Asthma for me, and immunity compromises for the wife and oldest kid. 

We've been hunkered down for 6 or so weeks, no need to screw that up now. I work from home normally and my wife is a teacher, so there would be no school even if it was lifted. So we really have no need to be anywhere right now anyway. 

Edit: maybe the only place I would go is to get a GD haircut....HFS I need one bad. 

Only change is that we would drive to our cabin in WI for 4-5 days, and shelter in place there.  Bring our own food, only stop for gas if needed, etc.  

Otherwise, nothing about our life would change. Still wouldn’t see other people, etc.

I probably wouldn’t change much and won’t when I starts. I don’t see me heading back to the gym or restaurants or movies anytime soon regardless of what orders change.  Only change I’d want to be comfortable with would be letting my kids play with friends. 
I’ll stick with carry out and delivery forever maybe and we ate out prob 2+x per week and work lunches out most the time also. The thought of a waitress with a mask is too weird to me for now. 

If you've been going to the supermarket or home depot pretty much as you normally would except with a  mask and practicing social distancing, does that mean you haven't been adhering to stay at home?   Asking for a friend.   
Also, what if you live in a state that has never had a stay at home order?  :oldunsure:   

Voted some

Highly infected area (NJ)

I'm in manufacturing where we have remained open. Been going in every day as kind of business as usual....actually putting in more hours than normally. 

250 employees

3 employees officially positive.  Probably....40+ mandatory quarantined or self quarantined. 

Wife and kids have remained home. Wife has gone out a bit for some shopping. 

If the ban was lifted tomorrow I assume we probably avoid major get togethers for a bit. I can see starting to integrate back into normalcy by a little eating out with friends or smaller home get togethers.

Been visiting my 83yo mom here or there through her screen door...I don't know if I would feel comfortable going into her house or having her visit.

Part of why I was thinking of this and started this thread is that I'm not sure giving the end of a Stay at Home order is going to change much in the short-term.  Those that are likely to get out and return to business as usual were likely already doing so.  I think, for most of us, we're going to be very hesitant to return to normal activities even if everything opens up fully.

With that in mind, hopefully as states start to open up now and in the next few weeks, things won't get significantly worse. 

It's going to be interesting to watch how this all unfolds, both from the disease standpoint as well as the overall society behavior standpoint.

I said significant increase but other than going out to eat we haven’t really been that impacted.  e.g. Still go to grocery story once a week

I will probably work from home as long as they will let me though 

would be nice to have our parents come visit and I’d like to get out to a restaurant 

so I expect to return to mostly normal once it’s lifted, maybe reduce frequency in dining out a bit (although we didn’t go too often anyway)

No change, with an exception for if our church starts meeting. I still go to work anyway, since I can't wire stuff from home, but I wear a mask when I go into a store, and since a lot of my work is at medical facilities, they check our temperatures pretty much daily. We don't interact with staff or patients, though, so that knocks down the risk.

I wouldn't goto movies, restaurants, or any large gatherings but I would go to non essential stores, let me child play with friends and youth sports,  and get a haircut. 

I would always try my best to social distance and wear a face covering plus always be mindful of washing hands and not touching face. 

sitting here in the epicenter ..

i have given myself a June 1st timeline, same as when i started SiP on 3/11. 

told my gf & daughter that day to expect at least 10 weeks of lockdown in our house ... we're slightly past that halfway mark. 

i have been doing all the legwork, neither of them have been called upon to venture no further than our stoop or backyard.  

i'll continue to do so, pending the delivery services getting here in a reasonable time frame - we're trying to leverage enough to give ourselves a solid 4 week cushion. 

June 1 is my day. 

i'll be back out there. 

ETA: to answer op's question- no, no way in hell i go if lifted tomorrow.

My office open opening up would dictate a lot. I think I’d be going in a couple days a week.

I’ll be wearing a mask or face covering for awhile I think, always have a bottle of hand sanitizer on me.

I’ll probably meet up with some people for a drink at a beer patio, spaced out properly of course. Probably not going out to eat for awhile. No trip planning for awhile so staying at home more on weekends.

I was thinking about how there will be a transition to being around a groups of other people. It’s been what a month of no crowds, no traffic when I do make it out, everyone giving bubbles of space, etc.

Going to be weird for awhile to see lots of people as this thing slowly unwinds.

State is lifting the order...city is not.

No real changes for us.  Ill still mostly use curbside pickup for groceries (only going in when one store is out of something I need for the week and have to venture to another store if I know the have the few items).

Won't eat out other than takeout or delivery.  Not gathering more than we do (here and there in a backyard/driveway with chairs spread...as soon as it stops raining around the firepit here with 2 families we know).

For the most part it will be little changed.  Nashville hasn't been too highly affected...

Definitely going to start getting back out this week.  Haircuts, parks, probably our favorite restaurant.

Just won't be stupid about it.

Looking forward to it.

I think it's time to start opening non- essential stores everywhere. With everyone wearing masks, limited capacity, and social distancing as well as protecting the workers. What's the difference of going food shopping vs going to a clothing store? You can make the case that the latter is less crowded. 

As far as my workplace, we can all work from home but if they say we can go into the office and schools open back up id be tempted to go in because I miss my friends and coworkers. 

I think it's time to start opening non- essential stores everywhere. With everyone wearing masks, limited capacity, and social distancing as well as protecting the workers. What's the difference of going food shopping vs going to a clothing store? You can make the case that the latter is less crowded. 

As far as my workplace, we can all work from home but if they say we can go into the office and schools open back up id be tempted to go in because I miss my friends and coworkers. 
Closing clothing stores is not because of likelihood to spread versus a grocery store. It is based on minimizing chances for it to spread, by bringing down the number of people that an infected person comes into contact with. There is certainly a risk going to grocery store, but needed for survival. But it can wait to pick out a new pair of slacks at Nordstrom’s. 

1. Wash/sanitize hands frequently.

2. Abstain from handshakes, hugs, close contact with others outside my immediate family, etc.

3. Would wear gloves before opening doors or handling anything outside of the home environment.

4. Would wear a mask if mandated by my company; if not, I probably would not wear a mask.

5. I usually bring my lunch, but if I went out for lunch I would keep gloves, mask, and sanitizer with me just in case and use them as necessary.

I'm probably missing a few other common-sense things at the moment, but these are the basics.

I would want to loosen these types of behaviors/use of PPE in future months if current infection and mortality rates show a downward trend. If we see a spike in the data (hopefully not), then return to heavy use of PPE and social distancing.

As long as our health care system has not been overwhelmed, we need a phased re-opening of society ASAP.

My life will stay similar.  Except I'm sure I will have to go back to work instead of working from home.  Still will only order take out.  No dining in a restaurant where some dude that was at that table before me probably coughed on the menu after he scratched his ### before sifting through it.  No bars.  Still go grocery shopping now, with a mask.  Will continue to go shopping with a mask.   

Closing clothing stores is not because of likelihood to spread versus a grocery store. It is based on minimizing chances for it to spread, by bringing down the number of people that an infected person comes into contact with. There is certainly a risk going to grocery store, but needed for survival. But it can wait to pick out a new pair of slacks at Nordstrom’s. 
I completely understand that and agree with closing them down at first. But now 6 weeks into virtual lockdown we have to start opening some non essential businesses back up to help the economy and keep small businesses owners from losing their livelihood altogether. 

I'm looking forward to the parks opening back up in NJ.  I've gone on a couple of rides but it will nice not to feel like a criminal for doing so.   

I would do more boating, golfing and fishing, which are all shut down right now.   
I'm curious to see the type of crowd that goes out.   With no carts, that's gonna be a lot of walking and I wonder if a lot of the normal folks will be up for it.

I'm curious to see the type of crowd that goes out.   With no carts, that's gonna be a lot of walking and I wonder if a lot of the normal folks will be up for it.
:confused:   I've seen single riders only and sanitized carts, but no one forbidding them.

My golf club had a 1 person per cart rule before we got shut down completely.  

I still go to work, I wouldn't change from work to home.  Local poker games are starting back up tonight.  You couldn't pay me to play live.

:confused:   I've seen single riders only and sanitized carts, but no one forbidding them.
Gotcha.   I've only heard in NJ of having no carts.   So they're doing foursomes with 4 carts or no foursomes?  Just wondering if they'll have the cart capacity to accommodate a booked weekend day.

Gotcha.   I've only heard in NJ of having no carts.   So they're doing foursomes with 4 carts or no foursomes?  Just wondering if they'll have the cart capacity to accommodate a booked weekend day.
It's going to be interesting.   My course is private with a lot of old people so there's no way they're all walking.   But if they get back to starting a group every 12 minutes, they'll run out of carts.  My guess is they'll strongly encourage walking and even though they can't actually say it or enforce it, there will be an unwritten rule that carts are only for the older members and people who can't otherwise walk the course.

I chose the second "significant increase." I assumed you meant "minimally affected area." Social distance practices still in place, and I'm going to keep trying to plan ahead for groceries so I'm not hitting the grocery store daily. Probably doing most of my clothes shopping online besides trying to support local retailers. I will also go to local restaurants who are operating at diminished capacity, especially with outdoor seating. Beaches should be open here now, and I'm ready to do the rest of that tomorrow, if they ease restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread