What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2020 Rookie Drafts (1 Viewer)

Last edited by a moderator:
just started up today - this is the leagues first rookie draft, initial start up was last year.

Please spare me the "cant believes" and "awful picks" as there were plenty and they happen in every league, rounding into the end of round3.

https://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=50891&O=17 
What's. Wrong with these picks? This is a pretty str8 forward draft. Sure, a couple steals in the 3rd but unless this is a 2 qb league, nothing seems off

12 Team PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST

Just started this morning...

1.01 - CEH

1.02 - Taylor

1.03 - Swift

1.04 - Dobbins

1.05 - Jeudy

1.06 - Akers

1.07 - CLamb

1.08 - A. Dillon

1.09 - Ruggs

1.10 - Jefferson

1.11 - Reagor

1.12 K. Vaughn

2.01 - Moss

2.02 - Mims

In a rookie draft for a bestball league right now.  It's a SF PPR and, granted, it does offer 0.25 points per carry....

But he fell to 1.11 in this one.  AJ Dillon just went at 1.10
since when is Aaron Jones garbage?  I don't understand that at all.  I wouldn't take Dillon in the first round of a rookie draft for any reason.

Interesting that you guys are almost through round #1 and Ruggs hasn't been selected yet.

I'm not saying I have a problem with any of the picks so far. It's just interesting that the first receiver drafted in the NFL draft may not be picked in the first round of the rookie draft.
Yeah it is interesting. I think there is a couple of things at play here ...

Whether it’s correct or incorrect there is a certain feeling that exists in people’s minds that Ruggs could just be another speedster drafted high ala Johnathon Ross, and has higher bust potential. 

The Raiders front office aren’t trusted measurers of talent, so him going first off the board means less 

obviously they will get him the ball, but they drafted a few new resources and Carr isn’t the best with the deep ball. 

Personally, I was in a ####ty position at 1.07 where I saw the tier fall off after the first six players, IMO. Jefferson felt like the best combo of pro ready, all round game and situation that he walked into 

FFPC - PPR, TE Premium

1 CEH
2 Taylor
3 Swift
4 Dobbins
5 Akers
6 Lamb
7 Jeudy
8 Reagor
9 Ruggs
10 Ke'Shawn Vaughn
11 J Jefferson
12 T Higgins
2.01 Mims

Whether it’s correct or incorrect there is a certain feeling that exists in people’s minds that Ruggs could just be another speedster drafted high ala Johnathon Ross, and has higher bust potential. 

The Raiders front office aren’t trusted measurers of talent, so him going first off the board means less 

obviously they will get him the ball, but they drafted a few new resources and Carr isn’t the best with the deep ball. 

Personally, I was in a ####ty position at 1.07 where I saw the tier fall off after the first six players, IMO. Jefferson felt like the best combo of pro ready, all round game and situation that he walked into 
Yup.  Definitely understand the reasoning.  I’m sitting at 1.11 and I’m wondering if he’s going to fall down to me and whether I take him or see who else is available. 

Interesting that you guys are almost through round #1 and Ruggs hasn't been selected yet.

I'm not saying I have a problem with any of the picks so far. It's just interesting that the first receiver drafted in the NFL draft may not be picked in the first round of the rookie draft.
Isn't this similar to last year with Marquise Brown? He slid pretty far in a few of the drafts I did last year.

If you are drafting at 11 or 12, you are going to have a choice of some pretty good Wrs. Ruggs is falling in a few. Higgins is going there pretty often. I've seen one where Reagor fell to 12. Mims is another. And Aiyuk.  I have my preferences but I would be happy with any of these guys and think they all have a decent chance of becoming good players.

If you are drafting at 11 or 12, you are going to have a choice of some pretty good Wrs. Ruggs is falling in a few. Higgins is going there pretty often. I've seen one where Reagor fell to 12. Mims is another. And Aiyuk.  I have my preferences but I would be happy with any of these guys and think they all have a decent chance of becoming good players.
So many good options I'd rather trade out of the 1st for two 2nds at this point (after looking at these drafts). Won't have much offseason buzz either because of Covid so I wonder if what you're seeing now is what you'll see even in later drafts. 

I just think alot of people forget that Gruden had entire set of plays designed for AB that he had to shelf after that debacle.  I could easily see Gruden using that set of plays on Ruggs.  Ruggs was a Gruden pick all the way and he is locked in as a day 1 starter.  Not many of the rookie wr's have that same starting spot right now.

What's. Wrong with these picks? This is a pretty str8 forward draft. Sure, a couple steals in the 3rd but unless this is a 2 qb league, nothing seems off
The Tua and Jordan Love (much like the packers) were awful picks, but people do it, don't mean to be snarky, 

We did that draft in less than one day. 

I absolutely love the value at the end of round1 start of round2 - Mims, Reagor, even burrow scream value. 

The Tua and Jordan Love (much like the packers) were awful picks, but people do it, don't mean to be snarky, 

We did that draft in less than one day. 

I absolutely love the value at the end of round1 start of round2 - Mims, Reagor, even burrow scream value. 
3rd/4th round had some gems too. 

Such a bummer seeing these.  In pre-draft mocks I was able to get either Akers or CEH at the 7 spot.  Now not a single one of these drafts has that happened.  Even superflex! That blows.  

12 team non-ppr superflex: 

1. Burrow

2. CEH

3. Taylor

4. Tua

5. JK Dobbins

6. Swift

7. Akers

8. Herbert

9. Lamb

10. Jeudy

11. Vaughn

12. Michael Pittman

13. Jefferson

14. Ruggs

15. Reagor

16. Love (Rodgers owner - trade 2.9 and 3.2 to get to spot)

17 currently on the clock

Nice posting. Shows what the community values certain guys at. Really instrumental in thinking about things for the upcoming draft I'm in. 

since when is Aaron Jones garbage?  I don't understand that at all.  I wouldn't take Dillon in the first round of a rookie draft for any reason.
Agree, in a redraft.  But in a dynasty, Jones and Jamal Williams are free agents next year 

Users who are viewing this thread