What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2020 Rookie Drafts (2 Viewers)

Seems like too much to give especially since the teams that barely miss the playoffs have a lot better chance to end up then with the 1.06 or 1.05 will likely end up with 1.13 as well.
I mean, I think that's also a feature? It helps those teams stuck in the middle of the pack have a better chance of getting into the upper ranks, either through another player they draft at 1.13 or by giving them some ammo to move up in the rookie draft to get a difference maker.

In my experience I see about as many orphan teams for "middling" rosters as I do complete rebuilds. I understand why some might not like it, though. I've been in one league with that rule for about a decade at this point and we've had very little turnover in that time.

Seems like too much to give especially since the teams that barely miss the playoffs have a lot better chance to end up then with the 1.06 or 1.05 will likely end up with 1.13 as well.
As a commish I know full well how hard it is to find owners for some teams left in such bad shape, so unless you’ve walked in those shoes........

I have suggested the same approach in my league as well, still trying to get it to pass. My viewpoint is not everything has to be fair or of perfect value sense, just as long as we continue to interject fun and keep things interesting. My dynasty league is 20 years old and has had 3 owner changes. I think it is important to continue to evolve and interject different fun factors as you do so. This particular item creates a playoff like atmosphere for the non playoff teams, which IMO is a good thing.

I was thinking that way also. I am starting to come around to it. It rewards teams to keep their roster competitive. The 2 or 3 teams who trade away all their talent so they have 15 draft picks in the next two draft I think throw the balance of the league off.  One league I was in had a $10 low score of the week pays the high score of the week. If you blew up you team for draft picks it might cost you and extra $80-100+ over the next couple years while your draft picks develop.  

Got 3 leagues going in FFPC that are decently through.  Bolded are my picks. 

League 1:  CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift, Jeudy, Jefferson, Gronkowski, Lamb, Reagor, Higgins, Ruggs, Aiyuk, Mims, Vaughn, Burrow, Tua, Pittman, Moss, Edwards, Shenault, Golden Tate, AJ Dillon, Ebron, Hurst, Gibson

Leauge 2:  Taylor, CEH, Lamb, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, Jeudy, Ruggs, Jefferson, Reagor, Vaughn, Higgins, Moss, Aiyuk, Pittman, Mims, Gronkowski, Shenault, Dillon

League 3:  CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift, Reagor, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Vaughn, Ruggs, Higgins, Moss, Gronkowski, Dillon, Hurst
In League 1 you took Akers over Swift, why? I'm just curious.

Tex

Dez said:
Why does a team get an extra first round pick at 1.13 ?

I always wondered why each of the 5 hyper/actives all start on different time frames some of them weeks apart.  They are all part of hyperactive family but have nothing to do with each other is what I came up with.
These ae the original Hyper active leagues.  The rules for the toilet bowl is the 2 worst teams get a buy.  then 3vs6 and 4vs5.  There is a bonus points added to the score normally, 15 pts to the 1 seed 12 points to the 2 nd seed and on down until the 6 seeds gets no bonus points.  It helps keep everyone playing and active.  I am the one who actually won the toilet pick in Active 1 with JohhnyU.  Personally I love these leagues. Some huge guys to learn from and compete against( Bloom, Waldman, Ryan McDowell, Jeff Teffertiller (wannabee) Mike Clay of ESPN, guys from DHH, Reality Sportsonline etc.._)  Each of the leagues contains hyper with 12 teams and active with 12.  so the commish for each of the 5 leagues is actually running 10 12 team leagues.  I think Ryan does it to get all of the leagues setup and filled and people paid etc so the it is easier for him to do it one by one I guess.

These ae the original Hyper active leagues.  The rules for the toilet bowl is the 2 worst teams get a buy.  then 3vs6 and 4vs5.  There is a bonus points added to the score normally, 15 pts to the 1 seed 12 points to the 2 nd seed and on down until the 6 seeds gets no bonus points.  It helps keep everyone playing and active.  I am the one who actually won the toilet pick in Active 1 with JohhnyU.  Personally I love these leagues. Some huge guys to learn from and compete against( Bloom, Waldman, Ryan McDowell, Jeff Teffertiller (wannabee) Mike Clay of ESPN, guys from DHH, Reality Sportsonline etc.._)  Each of the leagues contains hyper with 12 teams and active with 12.  so the commish for each of the 5 leagues is actually running 10 12 team leagues.  I think Ryan does it to get all of the leagues setup and filled and people paid etc so the it is easier for him to do it one by one I guess.
Yes, the HyperActive leagues are great, I'm in HA1 and HA3.   I'm switching to rebuild mode now in HAL1, but winning 3 titles in a two conference league (12 teams each conf.) since it's inception has been fun and challenging.  Lots of great owners in this league and I like playing against the very best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything worse than a guy holding up the draft for several hours, showing up, then disappearing again without making a pick?

Worse than Hitler, I tell ya.
I have seen this a lot and I hope they are working out a deal, but most of the time I think they are just doing more research?

Is there anything worse than a guy holding up the draft for several hours, showing up, then disappearing again without making a pick?

You wouldn't want to be in my DFWC league.  There are 2 guys who take the entire clock every pick because "you never know when you might get a trade offer".

That said in that same league had pick 12 was OTC for over an hour accepting offers and none came made the pick then a few minutes later pick 2.01 was trade for a future 1st....where was that offer for me ?  Maybe we took the pick too soon had we sat on the clock another 30 minutes maybe we get that trade offer.  So there is something to waiting around too.

That said in that same league had pick 12 was OTC for over an hour accepting offers and none came made the pick then a few minutes later pick 2.01 was trade for a future 1st....where was that offer for me ?  Maybe we took the pick too soon had we sat on the clock another 30 minutes maybe we get that trade offer.  So there is something to waiting around too.
One hour...fine. Five hours, show up, leave again for two hours and counting...I'm wheeling out the Iron maiden.

We just wrapped up a draft with an 8 hour timer that freezes at 10 PM EST and re-sets at 8 am the next day. Guy came on for the 1.4 pick at around 6 PM, milked the clock (not because of negotiating trades or anything, just . . . . because); let the clock freeze, presumably went to bed, then took 6 of his 8 hours the next day before picking. 

We just wrapped up a draft with an 8 hour timer that freezes at 10 PM EST and re-sets at 8 am the next day. Guy came on for the 1.4 pick at around 6 PM, milked the clock (not because of negotiating trades or anything, just . . . . because); let the clock freeze, presumably went to bed, then took 6 of his 8 hours the next day before picking. 
That's like a war crime.

I feel like my rookie draft went too fast :(

here are the results from my FFPC TE premium draft. Team names made anonymous to protect the innocent :)

Team A traded away almost vet last year to get 1st and 2nd rounders this year. I won it all last year 🏆 and my picks are bolded.

Round Pick Team  Name Position Team

1 1 TeamA Edwards-HelaireClydeRBKC

1 2 TeamA TaylorJonathanRBIND

1 3 TeamB DobbinsJ.K.RBBAL

1 4 TeamA SwiftD'AndreRBDET

1 5 TeamC AkersCamRBLAR

1 6 TeamA LambCeeDeeWRDAL

1 7 TeamD ReagorJalenWRPHI

1 8 TeamE RuggsHenryWRLV

1 9 TeamA JeudyJerryWRDEN

1 10 TeamF JeffersonJustinWRMIN

1 11 TeamA VaughnKe'ShawnRBTB

1 12 joey PittmanMichaelWRIND

2 1 TeamE HurstHaydenTEATL

2 2 TeamA HigginsTeeWRCIN

2 3 TeamB BurrowJoeQBCIN

2 4 TeamB MimsDenzelWRNYJ

2 5 TeamC MossZackRBBUF

2 6 TeamE EvansDarryntonRBTEN

2 7 TeamA ArmsteadRyquellRBJAC

2 8 TeamE JohnsonDiontaeWRPIT

2 9 TeamA GronkowskiRobTETB

2 10 TeamF DillonAJRBGB

2 11 TeamE JohnsonDukeRBHOU

2 12 TeamE ThomasIanTECAR

3 1 joey TagovailoaTuaQBMIA

3 2 TeamG EdmondsChaseRBARI

3 3 TeamB AiyukBrandonWRSF

3 4 TeamB McFarlandAnthonyRBPIT

3 5 TeamC KnoxDawsonTEBUF

3 6 TeamE BradyTomQBTB

3 7 TeamH GibsonAntonioRBWAS

3 8 TeamH LockDrewQBDEN

3 9 TeamG HarrisDamienRBNE

3 10 TeamF JarwinBlakeTEDAL

3 11 TeamB KelleyJoshuaRBLAC

3 12 joey ShenaultLaviskaWRJAC

4 1 joey HerbertJustinQBLAC

4 2 TeamI NjokuDavidTECLE

4 3 TeamB AsiasiDevinTENE

4 4 TeamG KmetColeTECHI

4 5 TeamC HamlerKJWRDEN

4 6 TeamE SamuelsJaylenRBPIT

4 7 TeamJ EdwardsBryanWRLV

4 8 TeamH JacksonJustinRBLAC

4 9 TeamG JeffersonVanWRLAR

4 10 TeamF LazardAllenWRGB

4 11 joey BenjaminEnoRBARI

4 12 joey ClaypoolChaseWRPIT

5 1 joey TrautmanAdamTENO

5 2 TeamI PerineLamicalRBNYJ

5 3 TeamB DallasDeeJayRBSEA

5 4 TeamG OkwuegbunamAlbertTEDEN

5 5 TeamC RenfrowHunterWRLV

5 6 TeamE BowdenLynnRBLV

5 7 TeamG Team DefenseTBDFTB

5 8 TeamH TannehillRyanQBTEN

5 9 TeamI JohnsonTylerWRTB

5 10 TeamF StidhamJarrettQBNE

5 11 TeamJ RobinsonJamesRBJAC

5 12 joey GouldRobbiePKSF

6 1 TeamD FitzgeraldLarryWRARI

6 2 TeamI FreemanRoyceRBDEN

6 3 TeamB Gandy-GoldenAntonioWRWAS

6 4 TeamD BridgewaterTeddyQBCAR

6 5 TeamC DuvernayDevinWRBAL

6 6 TeamE HydeCarlosRBFA

6 7 TeamI MinshewGardnerQBJAC

6 8 TeamH HinesNyheimRBIND

6 9 TeamI Peoples-JonesDonovanWRCLE

6 10 TeamF RiversPhilipQBIND

6 11 TeamJ OgunbowaleDareRBTB

6 12 joey Team DefenseLAC

7 1 TeamG SlyeJoeyPKCAR

7 2 TeamI ReynoldsJoshWRLAR

7 3 TeamH BrownAntonioWRFA

7 4 TeamG CephusQuintezWRDET

7 5 TeamC CobbRandallWRHOU

7 6 TeamH WestbrookDedeWRJAC

7 7 TeamD HurtsJalenQBPHI

7 8 TeamD ReedJordanTEFA

7 9 TeamD LewisDionRBNYG

7 10 TeamF McKinnonJerickRBSF

7 11 TeamJ WarringKahaleTEHOU

7 12 TeamI HurdJalenWRSF

12 team Start 1 QB PPR

I don't own Swift anymore.  Traded him and 1.11 for Kittle and 1.07

https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=63822&O=17
That's a lot of picks for you in the first and second -- that and a lot of mascot avatar scowl between league and board. You sure "basic #####es" isn't better off being "angry birds?"

And one question: Why is the commissioner picking the first three picks? Pre-submission or something? Anyway, must have been nice to accumulate such assets.

That's a lot of picks for you in the first and second -- that and a lot of mascot avatar scowl between league and board. You sure "basic #####es" isn't better off being "angry birds?"

And one question: Why is the commissioner picking the first three picks? Pre-submission or something? Anyway, must have been nice to accumulate such assets.
I told him my top three picks before I went to bed since MFL wouldn't let me predraft 1.01.  I led this league in points AND VP's for all three years it existed.  I had Antonio Brown (traded a ton for him and he lost his mind shortly after) and AJ Green blow up in my face early in the year so I was proactive in selling every possible point off of my roster.  I was brave enough to move Juju (for 1.01 and 2.01), Mahomes (for Stafford and 1.03), Kelce (for 1.06 and 2.06), and AJ Green (for Irv Smith 2.01 and 2.11)  along the way.  2.01 was sold and bought back for really just swapping Rodgers for Brees and giving the guy worthless RB handcuffs I owned.  I'm not gonna win this year, but I sold Mostert for a 2021 1st so the flip of the roster to dominate again is happening fast IMO.

Side note in case anyone is confused, those specific draft positions are where the picks landed at the end of the season.

1 QB PPR 12 teamer. Was supposed to start today, looked down at my phone late evening to a few text messages 'ITS STARTING WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG" as I had the 1 spot. 

All the way to pick 4 so far this morning: https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/49960

Edited for viewing purposes, very badly copy/paste sorry

1.01  Don't Be a Traitor        Edwards-Helaire, Clyde

1.02  Mad Max                       Taylor, Jonathan  

1.03 Hassan's Chop Shop     Dobbins, J.K. 

1.04 The Ghost of Wes Welker      Swift, D'Andre 

1.05 BlackDeuce                      Jeudy, Jerry 

1.06  mark it 8 dude                 Lamb, CeeDee

1.07  Bob                                   Akers, Cam

1.08  Chicken choker              Vaughn, Ke'Shawn 

1.09  Doyle Hargraves            Jefferson, Justin 

1.10  Mad Max                         Ruggs, Henry

1.11  Three Card Monte         Pittman, Michael 

1.12  The Ghost of Wes Welker          Higgins, Tee CIN 

2.01  Don't Be a Traitor              Reagor, Jalen

2.02  4DA PLANE!!! DA PLANE!!       Aiyuk, Brandon 

2.03  Hassan's Chop Shop           Moss, Zack 

2.04  The Ghost of Wes Welker     Burrow, Joe

2.05  BlackDeuce                             Kmet, Cole 

2.06  mark it 8 dude                        Mims, Denzel 

2.07   The Ghost of Wes Welker      Shenault, Laviska

2.08  Chicken choker                        Gibson, Antonio WAS RB (R)

Reagor at 2.01. Geez.... it's like someone gave you an extra 1st. That is ridiculous. Otherwise looks like it's moving along as predicted. Too high for Kmet and I'm surprised Mims isnt gone. 
Reagor went 14th in our league, but it's a deep (QBs get scarce due to depth so Tua and Burrow went in the first) and IDP (so Young went by my hand). He went behind Pittman, though.  

Looking at all these drafts, I feel now like I did then. That Antonio Gibson and Anthony McFarland may be better values than A.J. Dillon. I went with Dillon, but I'm not so sure that was a solid move now. 

That's bonkers. My only 2nd is 16 overall. Looking at how I expect the draft to go, I should have a really good selection on my last tier before theres a significant drop IMO
Yeah, but it played to Zealots' big board, really. I think the only position based on similar constraints where the guy didn't take Reagor was Pittman. Reagor's ADP, over about fifty-five drafts, is 13.0. That's right where 2.01 is. But those drafts that I'm referencing are all deep rosters and IDP, so Reagor, Tua, Chase Young, and Pittman are all clustered together.

I will say this. For some reason, I would have taken Pittman at 13 instead of Young, but not Reagor over Young. That's just the way I had mocked it, but Pittman was gone. (Someone traded a future first and second for him.)

As for your board, if Reagor is 13.0 overall at Zealots board, that'll be quite a fall. He's only there 18% of the time on our big board/probability calculus. You have to remember those extra three guys -- Tua, Burrow, and Young -- hanging around in ours that won't be in normal drafts.

Only thing that makes that worse is when they finally pick and take your guy when you are the next pick.

That happened to me last weekend when I waited for 7 hours for guy to pick at 2.10 and after a series of hopping in an out he finally picked the guy I was going to take at 2.11. I don't think anything is worse then that.

Only thing that makes that worse is when they finally pick and take your guy when you are the next pick.

That happened to me last weekend when I waited for 7 hours for guy to pick at 2.10 and after a series of hopping in an out he finally picked the guy I was going to take at 2.11. I don't think anything is worse then that.
One guy in our draft went OTC and wound up AWOL on a sixth-round pick so the Czar or Commissioner or what have you picked a guy that I'd briefly considered but ultimately decided way against. I'd done my research and didn't like him as and IDP guy but his ADP was up, so he was bequeathed to that team, as it were.

Thankfully I got the guy I wanted, but I can't think of a worse secnario than waiting twenty-four hours to get sniped by algorithmic drafting.

12 team PPR (TE 1.25) 25 roster spots + 4 man taxi

start 1 QB 1RB 2 WR 1 TE 3 Flex

1.01  Taylor, Jonathan IND RB (R) 

1.02  Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB (R) 

1.03  Swift, D'Andre DET RB (R) 

1.04  Dobbins, J.K. BAL RB (R) 

1.05  Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR (R) 

1.06  Akers, Cam LAR RB (R) 

1.07  Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR (R) 

1.08  Jefferson, Justin MIN WR (R) 

1.09  Reagor, Jalen PHI WR (R) 

1.10  Ruggs, Henry LVR WR (R) 

1.11  Higgins, Tee CIN WR (R) 

1.12  Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR (R)

2.01  Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB (R) 

2.02  Dillon, AJ GBP RB (R) 

2.03  Pittman, Michael IND WR (R) 

2.04  Mims, Denzel NYJ WR (R) 

2.05  Moss, Zack BUF RB (R) 

2.06  Edwards, Bryan LVR WR (R)  

2.07  Shenault, Laviska JAC WR (R) 

2.08  Burrow, Joe CIN QB (R) 

2.09  Dallas, DeeJay SEA RB (R) 

2.10  McFarland, Anthony PIT RB (R) 

2.11  Tagovailoa, Tua MIA QB (R) 

2.12  Gibson, Antonio WAS RB (R) 

3.01  Claypool, Chase PIT WR (R) 

3.02  Kelley, Joshua LAC RB (R) 

3.03 Gronkowski, Rob TBB TE

3.04  Herbert, Justin LAC QB (R) 

3.05  Hamler, KJ DEN WR (R) 

3.06  Jefferson, Van LAR WR (R)  

3.07  Kmet, Cole CHI TE (R) 

3.08  Okwuegbunam, Albert DEN TE (R) 

3.09  Love, Jordan GBP QB (R) 

3.10  Bowden, Lynn LVR RB (R) 

3.11  Trautman, Adam NOS TE (R) 

3.12  Gandy-Golden, Antonio WAS WR (R) 

4.01  Evans, Darrynton TEN RB (R) 

4.02  Duvernay, Devin BAL WR (R) 

4.03  Davis, Gabriel BUF WR (R) 

4.04  Perine, Lamical NYJ RB (R) 

4.05  Johnson, Tyler TBB WR (R) 

4.06  Benjamin, Eno ARI RB (R) 

4.07  Jarwin, Blake DAL TE

4.08  Calais, Raymond TBB RB (R) 

4.09  Robinson, James JAC RB (R) 

4.10  Asiasi, Devin NEP TE (R) 

4.11  Moss, Thaddeus WAS TE (R)  

4.12  Ozigbo, Devine JAC RB

12 team PPR (TE 1.5) dynasty startup.  18-man rosters plus up to 4-man rookie "taxi squad".  Rookies and vets were drafted together, but here's where the rookies went (my picks bolded):

1.05    RB      IND    Taylor, Jonathan
2.07    RB      KC    Edwards-Helaire, Clyde
2.10    RB      BAL    Dobbins, J.K.
4.03    WR      DEN    Jeudy, Jerry
4.05    RB      DET    Swift, D'Andre
4.08    RB      LAR    Akers, Cam
4.12    QB      CIN    Burrow, Joe
5.02    WR      DAL    Lamb, CeeDee
6.01    WR      MIN    Jefferson, Justin
6.09    WR      PHI    Reagor, Jalen
7.03    RB      TB    Vaughn, Ke'Shawn
7.06    WR      LV    Ruggs III, Henry
7.09    WR      IND    Pittman Jr., Michael
8.01    QB      MIA    Tagovailoa, Tua
8.08    QB      LAC    Herbert, Justin
9.02    WR      NYJ    Mims, Denzel
9.07    WR      CIN    Higgins, Tee
9.08    WR      SF    Aiyuk, Brandon
9.09    RB      BUF    Moss, Zack
10.03    QB      GB    Love, Jordan
11.01    RB      GB    Dillon, A.J.
11.05    RB      WAS    Gibson, Antonio
11.06    TE      CHI    Kmet, Cole
11.11    WR      PIT    Claypool, Chase
12.05    WR      JAX    Shenault Jr., Laviska
14.04    RB      PIT    McFarland Jr., Anthony
14.07    WR      DEN    Hamler, K.J.
14.08    RB      LAC    Kelley, Joshua
15.01    RB      NYJ    Perine, Lamical
15.03    WR      BAL    Duvernay, Devin
15.04    WR      LAR    Jefferson, Van
15.05    TE      NO    Trautman, Adam
15.07    TE      NE    Asiasi, Devin
15.10    WR      WAS    Gandy-Golden, Antonio
15.11    RB      TEN    Evans, Darrynton
16.03    WR      TB    Johnson, Tyler
17.03    TE      DEN    Okwuegbunam, Albert
17.07    RB      SEA    Dallas, DeeJay
17.09    RB      ARI    Benjamin, Eno
18.02    TE      WAS    Moss, Thaddeus
18.04    WR      CLE    Peoples-Jones, Donovan
18.05    QB      IND    Eason, Jacob
18.07    TE      GB    Deguara, Josiah
18.09    TE      LAR    Hopkins, Brycen
19.02    WR      DET    Cephus, Quintez
19.03    RB      TB    Calais, Raymond
19.12    RB      LV    Bowden Jr., Lynn
20.01    TE      NE    Keene, Dalton
20.04    WR      BUF    Davis, Gabriel
20.05    WR      IND    Patmon, Dezmon
20.09    RB      DET    Huntley, Jason
20.11    QB      SEA    Gordon, Anthony
21.02    WR      LAC    Hill, K.J.
21.03    WR      NO    Callaway, Marquez
21.04    WR      PHI    Hightower, John
21.06    TE      CLE    Bryant, Harrison
21.07    QB      BUF    Fromm, Jake
21.09    WR      BAL    Proche, James
21.10    WR      CHI    Mooney, Darnell
22.09    WR      LAC    Reed, Joe
22.10    WR      BUF    Hodgins, Isaiah
22.11    RB      PHI    Warren, Mike

12 team PPR. I only had one pick - 2.08 - and was super happy to get Shenault there.

1.01            Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB (R)

1.02            Taylor, Jonathan IND RB (R)

1.03            Dobbins, J.K. BAL RB (R)

1.04            Swift, D'Andre DET RB (R)

1.05            Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR (R)

1.06            Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR (R)

1.07            Akers, Cam LAR RB (R)

1.08            Ruggs, Henry LVR WR (R)

1.09            Higgins, Tee CIN WR (R)

1.1            Jefferson, Justin MIN WR (R)

1.11            Reagor, Jalen PHI WR (R)

1.12            Mims, Denzel NYJ WR (R)

2.01            Burrow, Joe CIN QB (R)

2.02            Pittman, Michael IND WR (R)

2.03            Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR (R) (Q)

2.04            Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB (R)

2.05            Tagovailoa, Tua MIA QB (R)

2.06            Perriman, Breshad NYJ WR

2.07            Edwards, Bryan LVR WR (R) (Q)

2.08            Shenault, Laviska JAC WR (R)

2.09            Claypool, Chase PIT WR (R)

2.1            Dillon, AJ GBP RB (R)

2.11            Bridgewater, Teddy CAR QB

2.12            Asiasi, Devin NEP TE (R)

Users who are viewing this thread