Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheBottomLine

Post Your 2020 Rookie Drafts

On 9/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, hispeedthinmint said:

Gibson 1st? How come?

AP just cut. So Gibson stock is even higher. Middle to late first now probably.

2 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

AP just cut. So Gibson stock is even higher. Middle to late first now probably.

We can all always pat ourselves on the back days later when something like that happens, but he was not cut at the time lol

Just now, hispeedthinmint said:

We can all always pat ourselves on the back days later when something like that happens, but he was not cut at the time lol

I know, just pointing out his stock is higher now. So my advice aged well. BTW, Faust posted articles indicating his reps with first team and how impressive he was. I wouldn’t have anticipated cutting AP. But it is clear Rivera didn’t want to have confusion in front of Gibson. Definition of a complete package at rb. 

26 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

I know, just pointing out his stock is higher now. So my advice aged well. BTW, Faust posted articles indicating his reps with first team and how impressive he was. I wouldn’t have anticipated cutting AP. But it is clear Rivera didn’t want to have confusion in front of Gibson. Definition of a complete package at rb. 

I love Gibson as much as the next guy, but last season he had 33 carries in 14 games. Our definition of complete package RB is wildly different

12 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I love Gibson as much as the next guy, but last season he had 33 carries in 14 games. Our definition of complete package RB is wildly different

I am referring to the ability to run with power and illusiveness but run routes like a wr. Lending itself to not only be a three down back, but one you can line up as wr to create mismatch against a lb. Like we see with CMC. 

Also he was primarily a wr at Memphis. On those 33 caries he averaged 11.2 ypc. 😳😳😳 4.39 at 230 pounds. 😳😳😳

He is a complete package in my book, but you don’t have to agree. 😀

51 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

I am referring to the ability to run with power and illusiveness but run routes like a wr. Lending itself to not only be a three down back, but one you can line up as wr to create mismatch against a lb. Like we see with CMC. 

Also he was primarily a wr at Memphis. On those 33 caries he averaged 11.2 ypc. 😳😳😳 4.39 at 230 pounds. 😳😳😳

He is a complete package in my book, but you don’t have to agree. 😀

He had 44 career receptions to go along with his 33 career carries, so he’s hardly a receiver or a running back. We have to wonder why he’s been a career change of pace at a lousy school. 

12 minutes ago, Edgar said:

He had 44 career receptions to go along with his 33 career carries, so he’s hardly a receiver or a running back. We have to wonder why he’s been a career change of pace at a lousy school. 

Maybe you could ask the person that didn’t play him more after 11.2 ypc 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackbear said:

Maybe you could ask the person that didn’t play him more after 11.2 ypc 🤔

33 carries is a tiny sample size and it’s a juicy system. Darrell Henderson played for Memphis and the two years prior had 344 carries for 3063 yards (8.9 per carry). 

Gibson has a great opportunity in front of him with Football Team. Let’s see if he can transform from college change of pace to NFL star

Edited by Edgar