What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

anyone wanna take a crack at BYE WEEKS? (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
Goodell isn't announcing them for another couple weeks and with the COVID-19 outlook, who the effs knows what the schedule will look like. And of course many people say don't worry about bye weeks in the first place. But just in case anyone can turn the following into useful guesses, here are the divisional matchups this year:

THIS DIVISION           PLAYS THIS DIVISION        AND ALSO PLAYS THIS ONE
AFC EAST                               AFC WEST                                 NFC WEST
AFC NORTH                           AFC SOUTH                               NFC EAST
AFC SOUTH                           AFC NORTH                               NFC NORTH  
AFC WEST                             AFC EAST                                   NFC SOUTH

NFC WEST                             NFC EAST                                  AFC EAST
NFC EAST                              NFC WEST                                 AFC NORTH
NFC NORTH                          NFC SOUTH                               AFC SOUTH
NFC SOUTH                           NFC NORTH                              AFC WEST

I thought someone in years past had come up with a somewhat useful way to parse out which teams might be on bye at the same time based on just this info, but I'm not doing it. Hoping to piggy back off someone else if they are more bored than I am. If not oh well I guess I could be running a 5k in my hallway and jazzercise in the spare room. And by jazz I mean rock/funk/blues.

How can anyone predict bye weeks for team ?  KC was on bye week 12 the last 2 years in a row killing their value in FFPC format.

I'm not talking about which weeks, specifically like week x,y,z, I mean which teams might have the same bye week as others. It's probably just nonsense to try but I thought someone had managed to parse it out in years past.

I'm not talking about which weeks, specifically like week x,y,z, I mean which teams might have the same bye week as others. It's probably just nonsense to try but I thought someone had managed to parse it out in years past.
I always thought each division should be on the same bye week, just to make everything equal.

I always thought each division should be on the same bye week, just to make everything equal.

So many factors go  into bye weeks, mainly scheduling of stadiums and travel, etc.  I don't think there's a set formula, and having all teams in one div on the same bye week seems like it would be a scheduling nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread