What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Backing Vocals Ever (1 Viewer)

Flo and Eddie, originally from The Turtles:

Sang backing vocals on Bang a Gong and Hot Love by T. Rex and Hungry Heart by Springsteen among many other well known artists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flo_%26_Eddie

Backing Vocals:

T.Rex - T.Rex (1970)

T.Rex – Electric Warrior (1971)

Steely Dan – Everyone's Gone to the Movies (Demo) (1971)

T.Rex - The Slider (1972)

Ray Manzarek – The Golden Scarab (1973)

Ray Manzarek – The Whole Thing Started With Rock and Roll & Now It's Out Of Control (1974)

Roger McGuinn – Peace On You (1974)

David Cassidy – The Higher They Climb (1975)

Keith Moon – Two Sides of the Moon (1975)

T.Rex - Futuristic Dragon (1976)

Stephen Stills – Illegal Stills (1976)

Alice Cooper – From the Inside (1978)

Alice Cooper – Flush the Fashion (1980)

Bruce Springsteen – "Hungry Heart" from The River (1979)

Blondie – Autoamerican (1981)

The Psychedelic Furs – Forever Now (1982)

Alice Cooper – Zipper Catches Skin (1982)

Paul Kantner – Planet Earth Rock and Roll Orchestra (album) (1983)

Andy Taylor – Thunder (Andy Taylor album) (1987)

Gavin Friday – Each Man Kills the Thing He Loves (1989)

Jefferson Airplane – Jefferson Airplane (album) (1989)

Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes – Better Days (1991)

Ramones – Mondo Bizarro (1992)

Duran Duran – Thank You (1995)

Johnny Popstar Luv Explosion – Lizzy the Supermarket Drag Queen (1999)

Adam Bomb – New York Times (Adam Bomb album) on Mc Douglas Street & NY Child (2001)

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael McDonald 'seemingly' was on every charting single of the 70s and 80s.

Doobies, Steely Dan, Christopher Cross, and Kenny Loggins, collaborated with a number of other artists, including James Ingram, David Cassidy, Van Halen, Patti LaBelle, Lee Ritenour, the Winans, Aretha Franklin, Toto, Grizzly Bear, Joni Mitchell, and Thundercat. He has also recorded for television and film soundtracks. McDonald is the recipient of five Grammy Awards, and will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a Doobie Brother.

He is like a one-man Wrecking Crew of backup vocalists.

I'm assuming many here know the famed LA studio musicians Wrecking Crew that are finally getting recognition. >>>   The Wrecking Crew! (2008)

Donna, obviously.  

Randy Meisner was pretty great in the Eagles.

Paul and Melvin in the Temptations.

as i've told about before, my bff has kept me up on mixtapes/CDs since cassettes were invented. he's almost 70 now and still sending me discs of his favorite jazzbos i dont care about. one of his best moments was when he sent me a song by the great Al Kooper, a cover of Elton John's Come Down In Time that had Rita Coolidge, Vanetta Fields, Clydie King & Claudie Linnear singing backup and ended in a beautiful swell (4:27). He repeated the swell an even dozen times so i could enjoy more of the angel chorus without having to repeat the song. that's mixtape love

Bracie Smathers said:

Doobies, Steely Dan, Christopher Cross, and Kenny Loggins, collaborated with a number of other artists, including James Ingram, David Cassidy, Van Halen, Patti LaBelle, Lee Ritenour, the Winans, Aretha Franklin, Toto, Grizzly Bear, Joni Mitchell, and Thundercat. He has also recorded for television and film soundtracks. McDonald is the recipient of five Grammy Awards, and will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a Doobie Brother.

Classic bit

I want to say Nat King Cole when his daughter used her dead father's voice in Unforgettable (1991), but since it's classified as a duet...not really "backup".

Still, eff her.

Bracie Smathers said:

I'm assuming many here know the famed LA studio musicians Wrecking Crew that are finally getting recognition. >>>   The Wrecking Crew! (2008)
My first thought.  It's amazing how many songs he shows up in.

I guess its all how you look at it. Some people were great backup singers and stayed that way. Others were great backup singers that went on to have their own career. 

Luther Vandross sang backup for David Bowie and Sheryl Crow sang backup for MJ and Stevie Wonder (as well as others). Tons of great (even legendary) singers started as a backup somewhere. 

Bee Gees - Assuming Barry is the lead, Maurice and Robin were awesome. And when they would harmonize, it was fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread