What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: 1.01- Who to pick? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
Dynasty - 14 Team - NO PPR - Standard Scoring 

Start: 1qb/1rb/1wr/1te/1k/1def/2flex

My roster:

qb: Mahomes/Watson/Cam

rb: McCaffrey/DHenry/DFreeman

wr: Hopkins/CGodwin/KAllen/TLockett/DWestbrook/TWilliams

te: Kelce/Higbee

k: Tucker

def: LA Rams, Denver

I have picks 1.01, 1.07, 1.13, 2.07 - Who do I take at 1.01?

I am leaning CEH at one, but already having 2 Chiefs and NO PPR makes me thing Taylor.  He had a ton of carries and Mack is there.  At 1.07 I will probably see what RB or WR is there. 1.13 is best available.  Anyway you look at it I will come out with 3 of:

CEH, Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Akers, Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson, Vaughn, Mims, Higgins, Burrow

I would rank all the rookies in one list regardless of position based on who you think will be the best fantasy performer.  Put the effort into consolidating this list.  Then trust your rankings and take the highest player on your list (regardless of position) when it is your turn to pick.  Don't get caught up on "I need a WR so I will take this lesser player because I need the position".  Don't do this.  Take the player you think will be the better fantasy player regardless of position.  Getting players that perform is more important that getting players to fill out a roster.

I would rank all the rookies in one list regardless of position based on who you think will be the best fantasy performer.  Put the effort into consolidating this list.  Then trust your rankings and take the highest player on your list (regardless of position) when it is your turn to pick.  Don't get caught up on "I need a WR so I will take this lesser player because I need the position".  Don't do this.  Take the player you think will be the better fantasy player regardless of position.  Getting players that perform is more important that getting players to fill out a roster.
This advice is as solid as it gets.  I agree with Gally.

Will also float it out there to see if anyone wants 1.01 and pick up some more assets.
unless you have one guy head and shoulders above everyone else.  If that is the case you keep it.  If you don't have that situation and have a top tier of 3 or 4 guys then trading back to still get someone in your top tier as well as other assets then go for it.  However, I would hold until you get closer to your draft because other owners will get ancy for the shiny new toy and the price will keep going up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on waiting. We typically don't draft until late July or early August.  Lots of WI people in our league so maybe someone wants Taylor bad enough that I can swap some pieces around.

At this current time, I'd lean towards Taylor or CEH.  I know it's not PPR, but I'd think CEH is still gonna have a lot of scoring potential. 

unless you have one guy head and shoulders above everyone else.  If that is the case you keep it.  If you don't have that situation and have a top tier of 3 or 4 guys then trading back to still get someone in your top tier as well as other assets then go for it.  However, I would hold until you get closer to your draft because other owners will get ancy for the shiny new toy and the price will keep going up.
However, if you are able to strike a rich deal on a trade down, that would be nice.

If I take CEH, do you have too many eggs in one basket starting Mahomes CEH and Kelce. Suppose CEH sits my bench too with CMC, DHenry, Nuk, and CGodwin starting

If I take CEH, do you have too many eggs in one basket starting Mahomes CEH and Kelce. Suppose CEH sits my bench too with CMC, DHenry, Nuk, and CGodwin starting
Take the player you believe is the best player.  If you think it is CEH then take him regardless of the other players on your team.  Don't sacrifice talent because you have other players on your team.

Normally I don't like starting multiple guys on the same team. Chiefs are an exception.

They're going to be unstoppable on offense this year.

CEH, Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Akers, Jeudy, Lamb

I am coming away with 2 of these 7. Would love to trade 7 and 13 and move up to 3 or 4 to land 2 of Taylor, CEH, Dobbins, Akers

CEH, Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Akers, Jeudy, Lamb

I am coming away with 2 of these 7. Would love to trade 7 and 13 and move up to 3 or 4 to land 2 of Taylor, CEH, Dobbins, Akers
why???  You have 1, 7 and 13...  keep the three and build your team taking the best players as you list them.  I have been in 4 drafts so far with 3 more to go this upcoming week.  The top 7 are the similar same players but all over the place in the top 10.  

Was offered Miles Sanders for 1.01 and 1.13 - no ppr

Still own 1.07/2.07

I can then start Mahomes, CMC, DHenry, Sanders, Hopkins, Kelce

Also working on a deal to trade Watson for Brees and 1.05 (owner has Brees and Stidham with same by week)

Still own 1.07/2.07

Also working on a deal to trade Watson for Brees and 1.05 (owner has Brees and Stidham with same by week)
I would rather keep the picks over Sanders.  I also don't know why you would trade Watson.  Seems like a bad idea for dynasty.

I would rather keep the picks over Sanders.  I also don't know why you would trade Watson.  Seems like a bad idea for dynasty.
I just feel that I could trade him and get something of value with Mahomes starting every week for me.  I am personally not high on the Texans and what they have done so maybe that has more to do with it than anything.

I just feel that I could trade him and get something of value with Mahomes starting every week for me.  I am personally not high on the Texans and what they have done so maybe that has more to do with it than anything.
Sorry.  I didn't realize you had Mahomes.  Now it makes more sense and good return for a QB in one QB league 

Still own 1.07/2.07

I would stay put and keep the 1.01/1.13.  I like CEH/Taylor better long term than Sanders in a nonPPR.

I would deal Watson for Brees and 1.05 in a heartbeat.  You get a solid backup in Brees (hard to say that for a future HOFer), and 1.05 gives you a chance at another RB or Lamb/Jeudy.

Users who are viewing this thread