What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1970s Soft Rock Playlist (1 Viewer)

70s soft rock was never my thing but over the last 10 years I’ve really come to appreciate it.

Same.   The songs take me back to my childhood which was good but not great.   Reminds me of being in the car with my family and these songs playing on the radio.   Maybe because it feels like forever ago and yesterday as well?  Scary how quickly those decades have gone by.   

Good call. Their best song IMO The Night Owls just misses the thread, having been released in 1981. Produced by the one and only George Martin.
Yep, I stopped at 1979, but they had a few gems in the early 80's as well, The Night Owls of course being one of them.  I am partial to It's a Long Way There as far as being their best, but you can't go wrong with either. :hifive:

Great walk down memory lane in this thread.  Many of these songs still bring back vivid memories of how we felt as kids growing up in the 70s.  Sharing a room with my big sister who played the Monkeys and Elton John (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album) to death.  Elton could have his own album side in this thread, btw. 

First girlfriends, the one that got away (Jesse's Girl (1981) was a girl in my class that was dating my teammate (football)).  They ended up marrying but it led to a bitter divorce.  I still wonder "what if" sometimes with her.  

Another that reminded me of an early love as a freshman in HS... Kiss on My List - Hall and Oats 1980.  Love this genre.  

Boz Scaggs - JoJo
Gordon Lightfoot - Beautiful
Jim Croce - I got a name
Wings-Goodnight Tonight - This is such an amazing song really, so many moving parts, the intro is amazing, the bass, dueling solo's in the middle, it's like a swiss watch it's so precise, complex yet simple at the same time.  I'm not a big Paul McCartney fan but I think he did some of his best work in Wings.
The Babys - Isn't it Time
Ace - How Long - Freaking Paul Carrack
Robert Palmer - Every Kinda People
Billy Joel - Rosalinda's Eyes - I really don't care for 90% of Billy Joel's songs but by God he hooked me on this one! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Rider said:
This thread needs a whole slew of songs by Little River Band:

It's a Long Way There
Help Is on Its Way
Reminiscing
Lady
The Lonesome Loser
Cool Change
Carpenters
Superstar

We’ve Only Just Begun

Rainy Days and Mondays

Close to You

Top of the World

Sing

Only Yesterday

Yesterday Once More

Hurting Each Other

I Won’t Last a Day Without You

I Need to be in Love

Solitaire

Merry Christmas, Darling

Bless the Beasts and the Children

I could put more but I’m doing this while on my phone and my fingers are sore

Her voice was something magical

Last edited by a moderator:
This one hit wonder from 1978 just popped into my head for no reason a couple of days ago. 3 of these guys went on to form Night Ranger. Anyone else remember it?

AXS tv did a segment on The Carpenters one day last week and I caught most of it.  Karen had one of the greatest voices ever.  So beautiful and distinct.  

AXS tv did a segment on The Carpenters one day last week and I caught most of it.  Karen had one of the greatest voices ever.  So beautiful and distinct.  
There's been a million music stars that fall under the "Lost too soon" moniker. For me, there's no one comes even close to this woman and her voice. Richard had a lot to do with how ithe end product sounded to us. I've heard other singers he produced, and I can kind of see where Karen may or may not have been the grab-your-heart-with-a-thermonuclear-kung-fu-vice-grip that she was if she'd come along without him. But either way she's in my flip-able top three all time female vocalists.

Ventura Highway - America

Let Your Love Flow - Bellamy Brothers

Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs

Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain & Tennille

Driving My Life Away/Every Which Way But Loose - Eddie Rabbit

Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

Love is Alive - Gary Wright

Southern Nights - Glenn Campbell

Carefree Highway - Gordon Lightfoot

I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song/Operator - Jim Croce

Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band

Driver's SeatS - Sniff 'n' the Tears