What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which type of dessert would you choose for the rest of your life? (1 Viewer)

Which would you choose to keep for the rest of your life while giving up the other 3 categories?

• Cookies (no ice cream, pies, pastries, or cakes)

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • Ice cream (no cookies, pies, pastries, or cakes)

Votes: 63 42.9%
  • Pies (no cookies, ice cream, pastries, or cakes)

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • Pastries (no cookies, ice cream, pies, or cakes)

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Cakes (no cookies, ice cream, pies, or pastries)

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

gianmarco

Footballguy
I know there are a few more types of desserts, but for the purpose of this, we're going to stick with these 5 main categories.  You have to choose 1 category that you would be allowed to eat for the rest of your life and you'd have to give up desserts from the other 4 categories.

Cookies
Ice cream
Pies
Cakes
Pastries

Considering ice cream just for Halo Top (much healthier option that I can consume on a more regular basis). Plus, ice cream is probably more convenient/readily available. For example, if we're at the beach it's likely there's a quick ice cream shop or something right there and it can easily be consumed while continuing on. 

However, if we're shooting solely for taste and discounting calorie-impact and convenience, I'm probably between pies and cakes. Don't consume either very often, but do enjoy them better than ice cream. 

Pastries and cookies are, of course, good but I generally don't go seeking them out and would rather eat bad calories through other means. 

Kind of unfair, but pastries are a broad category.  They can be pie-like, cake-like or cookie-like or just puffy creamy pastries.  Ice cream is great, but I like something I can have with coffee, so I will go for the pastries.  

I'm really surprised at the ice cream love.  I can see it for some, but that's a lot of you giving up chocolate chip cookies, oreos, etc. forever. 

If you gave me the choice between a bowl of ice cream and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, I'm going cookies 9/10 times.

honestly surprised to see I’m the only vote for pie after ~25 votes so far.  It’s the diversity, so many different flavors/kinds, and can go sweet or fruity.  Plus coconut cream pie is the single best dessert on the planet already...
Plus you get cheesecake as well! I’m going with pie too.

Really surprised at all the ice cream love, I eliminated that one right off the bat.

Cookies in a close battle.  
1- Nothing beats a fresh chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.  Just edges out French Silk Pie...but...
2- I can make French Silk cookies
3- Cookies can be frosted like a cake
4- Cream cheese in desserts is disgusting- so you can have your cheesecake
5- I can make fruit flavored cookies as well- Love fruit flavors, can't stand the pulp/texture of fruit pieces
6- Can keep at room temp/easier to travel with than pie or cake

Truth is, it would be super tough to choose between cake, pies and cookies, but gun to the head...cookies win.

Last edited by a moderator:
belljr said:
Chocolate silk pie.

Eta: I guess it's called chocolate French silk pie

Oreo crust

Chocolate fill

Whipped cream

Chocolate sprinkled 
I’ve been buying 1/2 of a chocolate cream pie from the grocery store the last few weeks and it’s glorious.  I can make the half pie last me the entire week.  Eating that with ice cold almond milk satisfies any ice cream cravings.

I’m 100% with the pie.

The Dreaded Marco said:
Ice cream.  

And it's not even close.
This

before I saw it was a pole I was going to pick creme brûlée but given the choices ice cream is an easy choice 

pie

pastry

cookies

cakes

to round things out

In a bubble I like pie more than ice cream, but it feels like there is much less variety with pie so I would get tired of it faster. 

This

before I saw it was a pole I was going to pick creme brûlée but given the choices ice cream is an easy choice 

pie

pastry

cookies

cakes

to round things out
This would be my order as well. I don't really care about cake at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was brought up on ice cream. my father worked in the freezers @ Sealtest Ice Cream while he went to school. we didn't have two dimes to rub together, extended w fried bologna as our hot entree pretty often, but we had all the ice cream we could store. Sealtest was one of the few adventurous ice cream companies in the 50s and featured a Flavor of the Month. Whenever that would come back from the stores, they'd have me Da strain it and rerun it as chocolate, which would mask most flavors. If flavors like black raspberry & peach proved to be too strong and still come out in the batch, he'd be ordered to dispose of it, which he did by filling 5-gal paper tubs with it and storing it in a corner of the freezer to bring some home every evening. it's a riot for me to see choco & blackberries as a flavor combo in truffles & such now, cuz it was the world's most delicious garbage to us.

belljr said:
Chocolate silk pie.

Eta: I guess it's called chocolate French silk pie

Oreo crust

Chocolate fill

Whipped cream

Chocolate sprinkled 
So underrated.  You get so many fixes all at once.

I voted cookies, though.

But I also love me some ice cream.  Ahhhh...

went with Pastries as was mentioned above that kind of encompasses all except Ice Cream.

And living up here in the Great White North 🥶 , I only enjoy Ice Cream about 3 months out of the year so that would be the easiest pass for me. 

Binky The Doormat said:
cookies ...by a mile.  I love ice cream, don't get me wrong - but the cookie selection is SO wide.

plus ice cold milk with the cookies
Yes, but I can get cookies n cream ice cream, but I cannot get cookies with ice cream chunks

jon_mx said:
Ice cream is great, but I like something I can have with coffee, so I will go for the pastries.  
You can't have ice cream with coffee? Huh. I do it all the time. 

And living up here in the Great White North 🥶 , I only enjoy Ice Cream about 3 months out of the year so that would be the easiest pass for me. 
You don't enjoy ice cream when it's cold outside? Huh. The pastry fans seem a little weird.  ;)

While I don't think ice cream is the best tasting in its peak form as compared to the others, its convenience makes it the choice here.  Sure, I'd take freshly baked cookies or a pie, but good ice cream is pretty cheap and accessible, and requires no preparation.  If I'm giving up ice cream, I'm giving up a pretty quick evening (and tasty enough) snack for life.  And I'd take it over Oreos, Chips Ahoy or whatever.

If you asked me to give up either burgers or ribeye for life, I'd give up the ribeye for a similar reason.  

You can't have ice cream with coffee? Huh. I do it all the time. 

You don't enjoy ice cream when it's cold outside? Huh. The pastry fans seem a little weird.  ;)
:lmao:  

I have become a "Freeze Baby".. Other then going Cross Country skiing in the winter I tend to hunker down and wait for the Warm weather to return..
The LAST thing I want during the winter is Ice Cream 🥶

Cookies.

I remember making cookies with my mom as a kid.  Mostly chocolate chip, but others as well.  Ginger snaps (she can make them soft, which is rare for a ginger cookie).  Sugar cookies with frosting during the holidays, and many many others.

Every time I eat a chocolate chip cookie, it feels like I'm a little kid getting a hug again. 

Cake is the only item on the list I wouldn't consider.  Not a cake person.  The only good cake is a super moist chocolate turtle cake.  Not enough variety in good cake to consider.

The rest are good, but the variety and goodness of a well made cookie is second to none.

Users who are viewing this thread