What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 SSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Hey guys - sorry about the autopick - forgt it started this week.

@BassNBrew  Sending you a PM, because I can't seem to link and maybe it is because you do not have my email?

I almost never take a QB high in these, but with Mahomes on the board in the mid 2nd, I'll change it up a bit. 

I almost never take a QB high in these, but with Mahomes on the board in the mid 2nd, I'll change it up a bit. 
I am not usually a QB early person, but nothing else was jumping out to me either. Time to try something different. 

Sorry fellas. Don't know what happened there. I got a text when my 2nd-round pick was up (autodrafted round 1) but nothing this go-round. Only reason I didn't time out was I figured it was strange I hadn't been OTC in over a day ...

Yes, thanks. My apologies for holding up the draft yesterday. Actually missed the timer by just a few minutes last night  :bag:

Is my calculation right this time bass? So week 13 Crippler Duckboy, OZ and Bass were left

Week 13 pts

Crippler 136
Duckboy Week 127 eliminated
Oz -141
BassnBrew - 175

Week 14-15 (you add week 14 and 15 together)

Duckboy - 224 eliminated
Bass - 327
OZ - 282

16-17

Bass - 229 eliminated
OZ 265

So basically week 17 killed you blowing a 37 pt lead

Last edited by a moderator:
----------------------------------------------

RB Ezekiel Elliot Dal  1.3

RB Jonathan Taylor Ind 3.03

Kinda reached on Taylor, he averaged over 2000 yards at Wisconsin, he'll probably be a good bell cow back in the NFL for a few years short years, a lot of miles already.  Hopefully his fumbling issue doesn't become a problem either.  I think if CEH is worth the 23rd pick Taylor is worth the 30th pick.  At that point in the draft you either gotta gamble on a young guy or one that's declining like Gurley or Bell and for me RB is a young mans position.

WR DJ Moore 2.14

WR DeVante Parker 5.3

Mediocre value on DJ Moore, could have went Keenan Allen or Thielen, Thielen is coming off a back fracture sounds bad to me.  Moore or Allen seem to make the most sense even though neither one are in particularly good offenses.  Good value with Parker helps 

TE Darren Waller 4.14

Very fortunate Waller fell there, hopefully he's not a one year wonder, and hopefully with all those new weapons the Raiders have that he's still the #2 targeted guy. I usually only get this kinda value drafting behind @Ruffrodys05 :pokey:

Pretty happy with it so far, need to continue nailing these later rounds.  

Is my calculation right this time bass? So week 13 Crippler Duckboy, OZ and Bass were left

Week 13 pts

Crippler 136
Duckboy Week 127 eliminated
Oz -141
BassnBrew - 175

Week 14-15 (you add week 14 and 15 together)

Duckboy - 224 eliminated
Bass - 327
OZ - 282

16-17

Bass - 229 eliminated
OZ 265

So basically week 17 killed you blowing a 37 pt lead
Thanks for reminding me. That was 3 times in a row in these leagues I finished second 

QB Mahomes

- I never go QB early in these things. But simply the BPA in the mid 2nd. 

RB Henry

I find I often under value the Titans. Especially Henry in PPR. But at 11, I'll take the man.

WR AJ Brown, TY Hilton

- going for an all initial WR core. Having 2 Titans could hurt but probably not all that much in this format. Hilton could bounce back to a WR1 with better QB play. . Brown might not be a 1 over the course of the season but will put up some good weeks.

TE Cook

- former Titan who needed to leave to play up to his talent. One of the few TE1s left at that point. 

1.14 Kittle, George SFO TE2
2.03 Jacobs, Josh LVR RB11
3.14 Sutton, Courtland DEN WR19
4.03 Woods, Robert LAR WR24
5.14 Allen, Josh BUF QB9
6.03 Landry, Jarvis CLE WR34

For the past few survivors I've pursued a ton of ceiling at the expense of week-in, week-out consistency. I luckboxed my way into one runner-up finish but otherwise been getting bounced earlier than usual. So I came into this one trying to make sure I got some boring, consistent types at the top of the roster. I guess I'm doing it right because while I've got some ceiling with Allen, the rest of this team bores the hell out of me.  :lol:

5.14 Allen, Josh BUF QB9

For the past few survivors I've pursued a ton of ceiling at the expense of week-in, week-out consistency. I luckboxed my way into one runner-up finish but otherwise been getting bounced earlier than usual. So I came into this one trying to make sure I got some boring, consistent types at the top of the roster. I guess I'm doing it right because while I've got some ceiling with Allen, the rest of this team bores the hell out of me.  :lol:
:2cents: i think Sutton and Jacobs have really good upside. 

QB Mahomes

- I never go QB early in these things. But simply the BPA in the mid 2nd. 

RB Henry

I find I often under value the Titans. Especially Henry in PPR. But at 11, I'll take the man.

WR AJ Brown, TY Hilton

- going for an all initial WR core. Having 2 Titans could hurt but probably not all that much in this format. Hilton could bounce back to a WR1 with better QB play. . Brown might not be a 1 over the course of the season but will put up some good weeks.

TE Cook

- former Titan who needed to leave to play up to his talent. One of the few TE1s left at that point. 
🤮 Total hold my nose and pick the guy grab of Ronald Jones in the 6th. Really shoulda taken Ingram in the 5th.

:2cents: i think Sutton and Jacobs have really good upside. 
In full-PPR it's really tough to put up top-5ish RB numbers without major pass game involvement*, and Jacobs only had 27 targets last year. Not 27 catches ... 27 targets. And that was before the Raiders went out and drafted about 14 different pass-catchers.

I think he's more a floor play in that he's probably good for 1,300-1,400 total yards and 8-10 TDs, but he'd need to catch closer to 60 balls to be a real upside threat and I just don't see that happening.

* -  yes, I'm aware of the irony in preaching this to a guy whose top back finished RB2 last season with 18 catches ... clearly I just need Jacobs to score 20 TDs this year, LOL

I think Reheaps has a hell of a team
Agreed.  Picking #1 in a 16 teamer will always give you a "visual bump", but coming away with Wilson, Ertz and cooper (top 10 in their respective positions), plus very startable pieces to round out the rest of the positions, it looks like he was drafting in a 12 teamer.  Nice work...

5.14 Allen, Josh BUF QB9
7.14 Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB21
8.03 Guice, Derrius WAS RB36

Added another high-floor guy at QB2 - with the 18-man limit it's tough to find room for a QB3 so I want a little bit of a security blanket for those weeks Allen disappears.

Finally went off the reservation a little bit with the Guice pick. Superstar upside when healthy .... not that I ever expect that to happen, but even with short benches I'm gonna have to find room for a few dart-throws if I want to beat 15 other guys, so WTH not.

Added another high-floor guy at QB2 - with the 18-man limit it's tough to find room for a QB3 so I want a little bit of a security blanket for those weeks Allen disappears.

Finally went off the reservation a little bit with the Guice pick. Superstar upside when healthy .... not that I ever expect that to happen, but even with short benches I'm gonna have to find room for a few dart-throws if I want to beat 15 other guys, so WTH not.
I like the Guice pick - i was going to take him two picks later - so thanks for that...lol.

Fwiw, I think the Allen / JG combo is among the best ways to go. You don't expect big games from Jimmy but he's solid.

Agreed.  Picking #1 in a 16 teamer will always give you a "visual bump", but coming away with Wilson, Ertz and cooper (top 10 in their respective positions), plus very startable pieces to round out the rest of the positions, it looks like he was drafting in a 12 teamer.  Nice work...
Tough to argue with this. Also, Ry's first 7 picks already make for a nice starting lineup ... I've seen some unorthodox draft approaches win these things but in the 18-man SSL/MBSL I've personally never had success with them. Better to get solid starters up front and go BPA the rest of the way IMO.

Although if you want to throw an "everything breaks right" projection on each team, I could see Slob running away with this thing.

Pretty excited about this team, first fantasy football league in about 7 years and I don't think I've had a squad this strong even when I was playing religiously in a league this size with high quality owners. 

QB Daniel Jones NYG 6.14

QB Joe Burrow Bengals 8.14

Pretty excited about these two guys I think Daniel Jones should sneak into the top 10, he was top ten PPG weeks 3-14 when he was starting and the Gmen added some good OLmen to give him better protection.  As a Bengals fan I'm very excited about Joe Burrow, he had one of the greatest seasons I have ever witnessed in college football, I think the Bengals are going to be a great fantasy team we havent seen since prime Palmer with Chad Johnson and Housh were playing for them.  I don't think Burrow is going to take a year to be a stud.  By this time next year, Burrow will be a 3rd-5th round pick, save this post. 

RB Phillip Lindsay Den 9.03

Kinda reached on Taylor, he averaged over 2000 yards at Wisconsin, he'll probably be a good bell cow back in the NFL for a few years short years, a lot of miles already.  Hopefully his fumbling issue doesn't become a problem either.  I think if CEH is worth the 23rd pick Taylor is worth the 30th pick.  At that point in the draft you either gotta gamble on a young guy or one that's declining like Gurley or Bell.  I love the value of getting Lindsay at 9.03 a nice boring backup to pair with the higher upside Taylor.  Maybe 1 more boring running back in here to solidify this group. 

WR DJ Moore Car 2.14

WR DeVante Parker Miami 5.3

WR John Brown Buf 7.03

How did I get two 1100 yard receivers and then John Brown a borderline 1000 yard receiver?  Is this a 12 team league?  LHUCKS always said the money is at WR so hopefully the value will be there late at WR to turn improve an already superb group into a league best group.

TE Darren Waller Oak 4.14

Stud TE, that finished TE2 last year with 1145 yards. 

🤮 Total hold my nose and pick the guy grab of Ronald Jones in the 6th. Really shoulda taken Ingram in the 5th.
You worried about that Haskins pick at all? I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt play that much this year with Kyle Allen knowing the playbook and Coronavirus going on. I think Ron said Allen would likely be the starter if the season started today.  Haskins didnt exactly kill it last year either, how do you get beat out by Case Keenum?  His ceiling looks Jason Campbell like at best.

You worried about that Haskins pick at all? I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt play that much this year with Kyle Allen knowing the playbook and Coronavirus going on. I think Ron said Allen would likely be the starter if the season started today.  Haskins didnt exactly kill it last year either, how do you get beat out by Case Keenum?  His ceiling looks Jason Campbell like at best.
No but thanks for spotlighting. 

WR DJ Moore Car 2.14

WR John Brown Buf 7.03

How did I get two 1100 yard receivers and then John Brown a borderline 1000 yard receiver?  Is this a 12 team league?  LHUCKS always said the money is at WR so hopefully the value will be there late at WR to turn improve an already superb group into a league best group.
Those 3 all had career years and have reasons for concern heading into 2020. I actually think Moore is a good wr, and yes it was just his 2nd season but will teddy be able to utilize him fully? Brown was underrated but with Diggs in town he loses a bit of the luster.  Parker is a hard one to call. I hope he continues to do well, I picked him up cheap before last year in a few leagues. But there's questions for sure.

Burrow (I was actually hoping he'd fall another round) and Jones should be good #2s. 

Your backs and Waller are good.

QB Daniel Jones NYG 6.14

QB Joe Burrow Bengals 8.14

RB Phillip Lindsay Den 9.03

WR DJ Moore Car 2.14

WR John Brown Buf 7.03

TE Darren Waller Oak 4.14

Really like this squad with one glaring exception.

Jones and Burrow should be a fine pairing. Kyle Allen was steaming hot garbage last year and in this format he still averaged 22ppg.  If you can get that from Burrow and 25ppg from Jones in a best-ball you'll pretty much keep pace with the pack.

Taylor is my favorite back from the 2020 class and he got a dream landing spot so I wouldn't call 3.03 a reach. Lindsay is a tough nut to crack ... I was shocked to see he only caught 35 balls last year (thought more like 55) so on one hand - how would he hold any value if most of his 1,011/7 rushing goes away? - on the other hand - if he transitions to a pure receiving back, well, that's what Ekeler was with Melly in LAC and he still put up RB2 numbers. At RB40 he's worth the gamble. And I noted earlier that where you got Waller and Parker was highway robbery.

OTOH I want zero, nada, nothing to do with DJ this season. Maybe it's unfounded but I'm convinced he's chained to the giant boat anchor that is Teddy KGB's complete unwillingness to throw past the sticks. If you watched Amari his last 10-15 games in Oakland with Carr, that combo's not just fantasy poison, it's ####### infuriating.

For your first draft in a long time it's a great start though.

Jones and Burrow should be a fine pairing. Kyle Allen was steaming hot garbage last year and in this format he still averaged 22ppg.  If you can get that from Burrow and 25ppg from Jones in a best-ball you'll pretty much keep pace with the pack.

Taylor is my favorite back from the 2020 class and he got a dream landing spot so I wouldn't call 3.03 a reach. Lindsay is a tough nut to crack ... I was shocked to see he only caught 35 balls last year (thought more like 55) so on one hand - how would he hold any value if most of his 1,011/7 rushing goes away? - on the other hand - if he transitions to a pure receiving back, well, that's what Ekeler was with Melly in LAC and he still put up RB2 numbers. At RB40 he's worth the gamble. And I noted earlier that where you got Waller and Parker was highway robbery.

OTOH I want zero, nada, nothing to do with DJ this season. Maybe it's unfounded but I'm convinced he's chained to the giant boat anchor that is Teddy KGB's complete unwillingness to throw past the sticks. If you watched Amari his last 10-15 games in Oakland with Carr, that combo's not just fantasy poison, it's ####### infuriating.

Don't those RBs look suspect after Elliot?  Taylor doesnt catch very well and has fumbling issues and Wisconsin backs are known for sucking in the NFL after huge work loads.  He could end up starting out slow like Mark Ingram who was consider a higher level back.  

Don't those RBs look suspect after Elliot?  Taylor doesnt catch very well and has fumbling issues and Wisconsin backs are known for sucking in the NFL after huge work loads.  He could end up starting out slow like Mark Ingram who was consider a higher level back.  
Cough cough Ron Dayne 

Yeah the DJ Moore pick I wasnt sure about, Bridgewater has been decent so I hope he puts up similar numbers, I wanted to take Amari Cooper but then I would have him and Elliot and I would have less flexibility later.  I could have went Keenan Allen but I think Herbert is a bum similar to Brady Quinn, also Thielen seems like he's a risky play.  It's a total hold your nose boring pick with Moore, but it allowed me to still target CeeDee Lamb later which I really like.

No but thanks for spotlighting. 
Well that Haskins pick should be a complete hold your nose pick more than Ronald Johnson, I'm a UCLA alum I would love to crap on Ronald Jones but he's a good all around back and he's young.  I kinda follow the Redskins a lot since I moved from LA to DC and Haskins is a complete bum, you're looking at a Jason Campbell like ceiling with a Chad Henne type floor. Guy is a statute and not a very good passer. 

Well that Haskins pick should be a complete hold your nose pick more than Ronald Johnson, I'm a UCLA alum I would love to crap on Ronald Jones but he's a good all around back and he's young.  I kinda follow the Redskins a lot since I moved from LA to DC and Haskins is a complete bum, you're looking at a Jason Campbell like ceiling with a Chad Henne type floor. Guy is a statute and not a very good passer. 
We'll see. 

Frankly if that pick matters all that much to the team anyway I'm in trouble. Mahomes will carry the load. 

Users who are viewing this thread