What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Footballguys Dynasty Show: Dynasty Trade of the Week** (1 Viewer)

Chad Parsons

Hey all,

This week was the debut episode of the Footballguys Dynasty Show. One section weekly, starting next week, will be the 'Trade of the Week' where Jordan McNamara and I discuss a dynasty trade for its player value, strategy, team-building, etc. If interested in being featured in the segment, submit your dynasty trade in this thread. Please date the trade as we are looking for current market deals within the last week for the show and include pertinent details like format, roster highlights (if applicable), team direction, scoring twists, etc.

An example could be:

May 1st

12tm, PPR with TE Premium

Weak at TE, strong at RB

Gave RB X for TE Y

Thanks in advance and looking forward to continued momentum after a strong audience start to the show this week!

May 2nd

12 team superflex

Weak at RB, not a lot of draft capital, strong at QB/WR/TE

Gave Brady, Hurst & D.Robinson for Singletary, 4.03

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3rd

12 team - 1 QB  2 RB  3 WR  1 TE  2 Flex

Rebuilding (1.1 was my only rookie pick)

Very Weak at RB (David Johnson, Mack)

Some prospect a WR (Metcalf, Deebo, D. Parker, Preston Williams, Funchess, JJaw, Bisi Johnson)

Jonnu Smith, Herndon at TE

Traded 1.1 and Tyrell Williams

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1

May 3rd

Some prospect a WR (Metcalf, Deebo, D. Parker, Preston Williams, Funchess, JJaw, Bisi Johnson)

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1
I wouldn't have  traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1

Thanks @Chad Parsons I enjoyed the show. While I agree with Jordan and yourself regarding 1.01, I am curious what makes Jordan call CEH a "landmine" and you yourself agreeing with that for 1.01.

I've read through several threads here and elsewhere qbd the opinions seem to vary, with the majority seeing CEH as the 1.01. 

Also, do you have this in podcast form? I could only find it on youtube

Thanks
It’s coming through the same feed as all the other FBG shows on I-Tunes. 

Thanks. Is there a different app anyone has had luck with? I use Stitcher but would change if it were available elsewhere
I just Apple, I guess it’s just called Podcast now. iTunes was shut down. Spotify has podcasts as well now though I don’t think FBG is on there.

Traded;

QB Kyler Murray

WR Jerry Jeudy

for

QB Daniel Jones 

WR Terry McLaurin

RB Raheem Mostert 

RB Anthony McFarland 

SF PPR TE premium.  Deep rosters.  Start 2  RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 regular Flex, 1 SF.  I’m competing.  Weakest position RB (was looking at starting some combo of CEH, Kerryon/Swift, Guice)

Traded away Jeudy (who is likely to be my WR5)

Got David Johnson, Van Jefferson, late 2021 1st

What's the format @Tejas ?
Some quick background on the trade. Headed into the Rookie draft with 1.8, and some big shoes to fill RB depth wise, with the only rostered RB’s being: Cook, Ekeler and D. Henderson. Had just acquired Ekeler in a deal that sent T. Hill and Lindsay for Julio and Ekeler. 

WR was a strong point of the roster with: Julio, Evans, Hopkins, Thielen. QB’s were Watson and Murray. 

Was shocked that Jeudy fell to 1.8, snap pick. Added solid RB depth to a very shallow group and recouped an incredible upside 5th WR in McLaurin. 

12 team PPR std league (no premiums for QB or TE)

Traded away Kirk, Slayton and 3.01 in exchange for the 1.05

Note, I'm in rebuild mode and light on RB and I also own the 1.01, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12  and 2.01 picks for this year

Love the show.

I will add one of my own to kick off this week's submissions:

12tm SF, TE Prem, IDP, Devy - Strong Contender

Gave Henry Ruggs, Justyn Ross, David Njoku

Received Travis Kelce, 21 4th

Already have George Kittle-Hunter Henry at TE, but Kelce gives me an impact option to flex or use in conjuction with Kittle. Needed to utilize a consolidation trade or two, at a minimum, this offseason with my glut of devy too.

12 team PPR (TE 1.25) 25 roster spots + 4 man taxi

start 1 QB 1RB 2 WR 1 TE 3 Flex

Same league, two trades I was not involved in:

May 11

Travis Kelce

for

Jordan Howard, Evan Engram, and 2.8

May 13

Guice and Noah Fant

for 

Odell Beckham

The team receiving Kelce, Fant and Guice finished 3rd in the standings, but lost in the first week of the playoffs.  He also has Julio, Michael Thomas, and Derrick Henry as the major pieces on his team.

May 3rd

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1
Needing a RB I would have kept 1.01

:shrug:

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Needing a RB I would have kept 1.01

:shrug:
I’m rebuilding, so I need more than a RB. It turned out to be Justin Jefferson, Aiyuk and Van Jefferson. I’m happy with it.

I’m rebuilding, so I need more than a RB. It turned out to be Justin Jefferson, Aiyuk and Van Jefferson. I’m happy with it.
I understand that thinking.

however, getting 1 stud player, especially at RB would have given you a foundation piece instead of 3 maybes. 

Just like you need more than 1 player, in that position you’re not likely to win in 2020 anyway. So better to take the 1.01 stud RB & then get more talent in next years draft where you’ll presumably also have a high pick. 

Personally, I don’t think you got enough for the 1.01

I’m just one guy though. We all have our opinions. I’m happy you’re happy with the return. 

I understand that thinking.

however, getting 1 stud player, especially at RB would have given you a foundation piece instead of 3 maybes. 

Just like you need more than 1 player, in that position you’re not likely to win in 2020 anyway. So better to take the 1.01 stud RB & then get more talent in next years draft where you’ll presumably also have a high pick. 

Personally, I don’t think you got enough for the 1.01

I’m just one guy though. We all have our opinions. I’m happy you’re happy with the return. 
The prevailing sentiment is that I did not get enough.  However, I didn't get a single offer for 1.1, I initiated all of the trade talks.  In another league where I have 1.4, the owner of 1.1 offered me to trade down to 1.4.  He wanted 1.4 and my 2021 1st, which is likely mid to late as I just missed the playoffs.  I had no interest in doing that because I was fine with whoever fell to 1.4.  I did however, offer Gordon, Deebo and 2.6 for 1.1, which he accepted.  I think its fairly similar value to what I accepted in the other league.

This years RB class was excellent, and you dont see that every year. I think we discussed this trade in the other thread and Nero said that it was the best deal he was able to get, so there's that too. If that was the best, I'd still take 1.01. 
yeah, and not just quality but opportunity.

Arguably the top 2 RBs in this year’s draft will have the opportunity to be FF studs.

I do like how the Niners have used Debo, so who knows...Aiyuk could be a good value, but some of the FF experts weren’t that high on him. 

Time will tell, but yeah - gimme the 1.01 here. 

Thinking about putting Lamar on the trade block and curious what I should be looking for in return. Would Dak and the 1.04 be in the right neighborhood? 

Don't have a current trade for you Chad but just listened to the Memorial Day show and want to thank you for the show and for your service.

(aka NER, aka Breakoutplaya)

So I have to ask....

If you guys are the "dynasty guys" for the website, why don't you guys have any rookie or dynasty rankings up? 

May 30th

51 man rosters, 12 team PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 4 FLEX, 1 TE, 6 pts. all TDs, 9 start IDP

Rebuilding on the fly, Team A gives Kenyan Drake & 3rd to Team B for Terry McLaurin & 4th

Not sure if they are pod worthy but startup trade value in general might be a decent topic.

A few pre draft startup trades for the  FPC PROvJOE SF BB scheduled to start in a couple of weeks.

First trade occurred 20 mins after the draft order came out.

Only Joes involved. 

Team A gets    
2020 Pick 5.02

Team B gets
2021 1st Round 
2020 Pick 14.03 

Team Y gets
2020 Pick 1.01 
2020 Pick 17.01
2020 Pick 18.12
2020 Pick 19.01

Team 10 gets
2020 Pick 3.05    
2020 Pick 5.05        
2020 Pick 6.08    
2020 Pick 26.08 

Team X gets
2021 1st Round
2020 Pick 12.12
2020 Pick 14.12 

Team 10 (again) gets        
2020 Pick 4.11 
2020 Pick 26.11 

I like team A a bit and both team 10 sides quite a bit more

Might as well add this one in as well.

FFWC ppr, 1/2/3/1/2,  yr2 of orphan rebuild in a lopsided lg with 3 dominant tms

Gave Arob

Got 2021 1st & 2d, Michael Pittman

Hated to give up Arob, but felt it was right move for where this tm is right now (2 yrs away). Picks are from tm that finished dead last in 2020 and should be mid rd or better imo. I dont think it is a win (but close) according to a certain calculator but most of the board community so far seems to like it..

Hi Chad,

pulled this one off this week. 12 team 1.0 PPR. Start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex

Gave Darrell Henderson, Boston Scott, 2021 3rd (original owner earned 1.01 this last draft)

Got: Tee Higgins 

My trade partner has Akers and Miles Sanders

I decided to take on an orphan project. 24 team PPR TE 1.25, 11 starters, 2 copies of each player. This team I'm taking over is really bad. Finished last. I've made a few good trades right off the bat and I want to submit this one from a few days ago for consideration:

I gave N'Keal Harry, 2021 2nd (mine so probably early but I always play to win, so who knows), 3.01, 3.12
I got Terry McLaurin

Not very exciting but I took on an Orphan and got offered a 2021 1st for my Melvin Gordon.  My team is a total rebuild and with concerns about Gordon's role this year and the COVID era looming I decided to just take the 2021 1st instead of holding Gordon and seeing his value drop more.

I decided to take on an orphan project. 24 team PPR TE 1.25, 11 starters, 2 copies of each player. This team I'm taking over is really bad. Finished last. I've made a few good trades right off the bat and I want to submit this one from a few days ago for consideration:

I gave N'Keal Harry, 2021 2nd (mine so probably early but I always play to win, so who knows), 3.01, 3.12
I got Terry McLaurin
I should have included that there are 4 divisions of 6 teams, and each year they are reshuffled according to previous finish. So the crappiest 6 teams are all in the same division,  which I think will make competing in year 1 of this rebuild easier. 

If it matters I have Mahomes, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Perriman and now McLaurin at WR. Knox at TE and a bunch of draft picks where I'll be grabbing something like Dobbins, Swift, Jefferson, Pittman, Reagor, Vaughn, *and* a decent TE vet or two. I think I can compete in year 1.

So this is kinda fun.  I'm out for a walk last week and lo and behold right at the end in the rapid fire round I hear you guys discussing my trade of McCaffrey for Matt Ryan, Tyreek Hill, James White, AJ Dillon, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd. and your take was that I didn't quite get enough for McCaffrey, and as much as I didn't want to hear that it was true.  This is a 12 team SF TE premium in its second season.

Fast forward to yesterday.  I suggest to the same owner I dealt McCaffrey to, that maybe we should be talking Zeke.  An hour later I get Zeke for Mike Evans, Tarik Cohen and Drew Brees.

So, in the end - these deals become:

McCaffrey, Evans, Brees, Cohen

Zeke, Tyreek Hill, Matt Ryan, James White, AJ Dillon, 2022, 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd.

Still too light or does this get things closer to your valuation?  I am pleased as my team is much more balanced now and I have some future ammo as well.

So this is kinda fun.  I'm out for a walk last week and lo and behold right at the end in the rapid fire round I hear you guys discussing my trade of McCaffrey for Matt Ryan, Tyreek Hill, James White, AJ Dillon, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd. and your take was that I didn't quite get enough for McCaffrey, and as much as I didn't want to hear that it was true.  This is a 12 team SF TE premium in its second season.

Fast forward to yesterday.  I suggest to the same owner I dealt McCaffrey to, that maybe we should be talking Zeke.  An hour later I get Zeke for Mike Evans, Tarik Cohen and Drew Brees.

So, in the end - this deal becomes:

McCaffrey, Evans, Brees, Cohen

Zeke, Tyreek Hill, Matt Ryan, James White, AJ Dillon, 2022, 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd.

Still too light or does this get things closer to your valuation?  I am pleased as my team is much more balanced now and I have some future ammo as well.
These are still two separate deals but I think you won the second deal by a good amount. I would be interested to hear if they feel you redeemed yourself (in my opinion, yes, you came out on top total, but I don’t have a podcast :)  )

Users who are viewing this thread