What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

May challenge complete! Join us in June and we'll keep it going. Lots of people succeeding with myfitnesspal and itrackbites. Join us! (1 Viewer)

I've had several easy days back-to-back-to-back.  For the past three days, I've been at 894, 1386, and probably around 1200 net calories.  These have all been days when I've been able to run in the morning and walk in the afternoon.  Tomorrow is a scheduled day off from running -- I'll go out first thing and walk a bit, and my wife and I may go out together in the early evening, but my exercise calories will be way down and I'll probably bump right up against my allowance.  

I've said this before, but again the sense of accountability that this system imparts upon you is really great.  I would be doing the cario anyway, but cutting down on the stupid calorie consumption is huge for me.

I've had several easy days back-to-back-to-back.  For the past three days, I've been at 894, 1386, and probably around 1200 net calories.  These have all been days when I've been able to run in the morning and walk in the afternoon.  Tomorrow is a scheduled day off from running -- I'll go out first thing and walk a bit, and my wife and I may go out together in the early evening, but my exercise calories will be way down and I'll probably bump right up against my allowance.  

I've said this before, but again the sense of accountability that this system imparts upon you is really great.  I would be doing the cario anyway, but cutting down on the stupid calorie consumption is huge for me.
@Otis

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1940 Calories consumed.  10 calories under goal before exercise.  

59 minutes exercise for 397 calories burned.  909 exercise minutes for the month.

Down 4+ pounds in May.  I've lost about 24 pounds since January 1st.  Most of that was in January and February.  Still losing, slowly.  I go up a little then go down a little more.  Over trend is still downward.  
Nice job.  I think you still have your mfp set as "moderately active" and "lose 1.5 lbs/week".  If I'm reading this right, you're staying under your calorie goal without exercise each day, then separately recording your exercise.  That's probably the right way to do it right now.  Just realize that your starting total is a little higher (1950 instead of 1700) so when you end the day just under your goal and with 250 calories of exercise that you didn't count, that's because those 250 calories were already accounted for as your "moderate activity".  Looking at your results - down 4 lbs in 3 weeks - that looks like you're right on track with what the numbers suggest would happen. And that's awesome.  Think about the control you have right now over the upcoming months to make the rest of your life so much better.  

I don't really understand the points system but myfitnesspal/calorie tracking people would agree that those are the days when you realize how important those exercise calories are. 
You do not need to do one second of exercise for weight watchers to work. 

You can earn fitness points that get added to your weekly total, but I choose not to. It just leads to me eating more even though I am entitled to those points. 

I have lost weight A LOT of ways. I have used MFP, I used Lose It when that first came out (both calorie counters), I did Keto, Ive done something called Apex which was a bodybuilding weight loss plan. I will say that weight watchers is the absolute least restrictive plan I have done and the simplest as well. It is also the one that has worked the best (apex is very close but was super restrictive and not sustainable for me)

bostonfred said:
I hear you.  Maybe I'll try it at some point.  Yesterday I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch that I threw together between conference calls.  I wasn't about to count the slices of ham, the slice of cheese, the dollop of mustard, and bread, and cobble that all together at that moment.  I guess I could have done it later.  I've done MFP in the past and I agree it works, and not knocking folks here for using it -- clearly it's working for people.  I just think my problems were different--my problems involved (1) terrible junk food choices in the evenings and, probably more so, (2) alcohol abuse.  I shouldn't be drinking a bottle of wine every weeknight.  That's just not a good way to live.

Two days into my "Kitchen closes at 7" routine, and I slept well last night and feel great.  I feel this is a good path for me.  I'd like to eventually renegotiate my relationship with alcohol so that I can have a drink or two in the evening, but it can't be 4 or 5 on weekdays with a binge on the weekend.  That's just no bueno, and every...single...time.... leads back to exactly where I ended up this time.

I hear you.  Maybe I'll try it at some point.  Yesterday I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch that I threw together between conference calls.  I wasn't about to count the slices of ham, the slice of cheese, the dollop of mustard, and bread, and cobble that all together at that moment. 
Then type in ham and cheese sandwich and pick one of the many examples that pop up, almost all between 260 and 360 calories.  I'm guessing you know whether you used light bread or something fairly dense, whether you used a kraft single or a couple slices of boar's head.  So pick one that's on the higher end of the spectrum and move on. You don't need to be exact, you're just trying to build good habits.  

Then type in ham and cheese sandwich and pick one of the many examples that pop up, almost all between 260 and 360 calories.  I'm guessing you know whether you used light bread or something fairly dense, whether you used a kraft single or a couple slices of boar's head.  So pick one that's on the higher end of the spectrum and move on. You don't need to be exact, you're just trying to build good habits.  
@Otis  this makes it way easier.  when i went off the rails, a few days ago, i just plugged in "homemade sausage pizza".  selected, whole pizza, and moved on.   :lmao:   

remember, i was not thrilled to count calories.  still don't love it.  but, I'm learning things, which helps a lot.  some new knowledge, isn't very welcome, some is.  my handful of cashews, is remarkably high in calories.   :cry:   bacon?  quite low actually   :pickle:   

armed with this knowledge, i think getting into the 170's will be a lot easier.

Just did a 75 minute Peloton ride. Calorie guys will love this. Estimated my calories burned at 925 calories. thats almost an entire day for some of you guys. 

Just did a 75 minute Peloton ride. Calorie guys will love this. Estimated my calories burned at 925 calories. thats almost an entire day for some of you guys. 
That is about right for hard spinning. It's a great cardio workout.  It's a little different going for a bike ride because you don't coast when you're on a peloton.

I just did an hour on the treadmill for about 700 calories burned. I had a big lunch so I was in the red for the day when I started, and now I'm hungry and have a couple hundred calories to spare. That is the best part when you're tracking imo. 

Well, not a good day despite the 75 minutes. 

My kids wanted Chilis. Told the wife I will have leftovers. She comes home with honey bbq chicken crispers. My son will not eat honey bbq chicken crispers. I cant have food go to waste like that so I ate them. :bag:

one bad day wont spoil the bunch but......

Well, not a good day despite the 75 minutes. 

My kids wanted Chilis. Told the wife I will have leftovers. She comes home with honey bbq chicken crispers. My son will not eat honey bbq chicken crispers. I cant have food go to waste like that so I ate them. :bag:

one bad day wont spoil the bunch but......
1000 calories and change if you ate all 5 and didn't eat the sides.  Depending what else you ate today, you might be under your calorie goal after burning 925 on the bike.  It's ok to eat some junk once in a while.

As an example, tonight I am having a beer and some cheese as a post workout snack.  Which isn't necessarily terrible. But apparently the last time I had this kind of cheese was around Halloween because it said frequently paired foods include reese's and mini snickers. So that's not great, but instead of judging myself, I am drinking to my past honesty. 

I've stayed under 2200 cals 14 days, missed it 6 (fridays and saturdays im drinking sorry) (not sorry).

Down 4 pounds since May 1.  

Was almost 500 calories under yesterday due to a lot of exercise and work being too busy for me to eat much.   I need these under-calorie days.   I have been treading water with my weight after getting off to a good start in April.  Not eating junk is more difficult than it used to be or something.   

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1539 Calories consumed.   411 calories under goal before exercise.  

45 minutes exercise for  calories burned.  1044 exercise minutes for the month.

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1706 Calories consumed.   244 calories under goal before exercise.  

45 minutes exercise for  calories burned.  1089 exercise minutes for the month.

25/23

75 minutes of Peloton

Tomorrow will be tough. Daughters 13 yo bday with two groups coming over so we can social distance responsibly. But now I have to be careful during 2 meals instead of just 1

And ice cream cake of course. Bye Bye bonus points for this week

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1785 Calories consumed.   165 calories under goal before exercise.  

45 minutes exercise for  calories burned.  1134 exercise minutes for the month.

Just hopped on the scale. I am now officially .2lbs from getting back to my goal weight. It is on the high side (you get +2) so I still need to lose another 2-5 but this thread was super helpful. Thanks @bostonfred

So, are we winning?
No.  I’m still treading water so I’m stuck with a tie score at the beginning of the fourth quarter.   Summer is here.  I need to drop a few pounds quickly but can’t get my act together.  More like, I can’t control my portions.   

Oats asks a legit question. How is  everyone else doing?  

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1722 Calories consumed.   228 calories under goal before exercise.  

30 minutes exercise for  calories burned.  1164 exercise minutes for the month.

So, um, 45 points for lunch. im not sure that is how it is supposed to work

:bag:
I stopped counting. Its safe to say I was probably in the 90s. 

I actually just got done with a 30 min Peloton ride bc I felt so ashamed. I was like the girl in clueless who was in a shame spiral. 

Anyway, funny thing is that with all my Peloton classes, I should still be OK if I control myself the rest of the week. 

Lets do it. 1 week left in May. Lets bring it home boys. 

Took a long weekend and while I tracked calories I was over most days.  Too much :banned: .  Will do better this week.  

I did work my ### off Friday/Saturday/Sunday cleaning out the garage and attic.  Alas, those didn't count as exercise minutes.  We rented one of those dumpsters and cleaned out stuff from past remodels and just junk that had accumulated.  Felt good to get it done, but it took a toll on the body.  

I was at 807 mins exercise for May.

Thursday was 37, Friday 36, Saturday 28, Sunday 28, Monday none  :bag: .

936 mins exercise for the month.  (Should surpass 1k today, unless I get busy with work this afternoon.)

So, are we winning?
it works.  i lost 4-5 pounds, the first 2 weeks.  i have it set to inactive, lose a pound a week.  this was mostly to get rid of the rona pounds i put on.  so, i'm allowed 1640 calories.  i work out a lot, and add 400-1000 calories to the that number.  if i don't drink, i'n easily below this number.  once i get to my goal, sub 180, i will change to "maintain" weight.  but i'm finding that i feel the best in the 2000 calorie range.  i don't like the whole inputting part of this, but sometimes, it will surprise you.  saturday, i thought i had completely blown it  i didn't enter anything until the end of the day.  350 under.   :shrug:  

i did go off the rails yesterday, first family gathering in 2 months.  2700 ingested.  no exercise.  1000 over.  but with a hard workout, i could have mostly mitigated it.  once in a while, that's ok.

so yea, winning.  i'm not going to weigh myself again until 6/1

Last edited by a moderator:
:sehr0n:

Count me in for June if you do this.  I've been a yo-yo for a few years now, but back on it.  Y'all may find it hard to believe, but I lost 11lbs LAST WEEK!

The week prior was a food and drink fest, so I definitely packed on a few before I started.  Keto, OMAD, 20K+ steps per day.  Need to keep this going (yet again).

:sehr0n:

Count me in for June if you do this.  I've been a yo-yo for a few years now, but back on it.  Y'all may find it hard to believe, but I lost 11lbs LAST WEEK!

The week prior was a food and drink fest, so I definitely packed on a few before I started.  Keto, OMAD, 20K+ steps per day.  Need to keep this going (yet again).
Same here...except for the dramatic weight loss.  Tracking calories starting this week.  Working out.  Hoping to turn the tide.

Took a mental and physical rest day yesterday.  No dedicated exercise but I did stay withing my MFP calorie goal.  Back at it today.

Per MFP:

1950 calories allowed.

1900 Calories consumed.   50 calories under goal before exercise.  

0 minutes exercise for 0 calories burned.  1164 exercise minutes for the month.

What color plan are you on
I follow the middle plan (blue I think)?  The points total is provided by iTrackBites, but the last time I checked it was accurate for someone 231 lb, 6’3, 51 years old

My plan actually shows 34, but my daily tracker shows 35. Thanks for making me look, I will adjust it down. 

Users who are viewing this thread