Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grateful zed

KJ Hamler, WR DEN

Hamlers a complete wr which I think gets lost in the size/speed talk. As far as rookies go hes an s-tier route runner

• Like 1

QB situation and offense leaves a lot to be desired but the opportunity is huge. I am starting him this week. 

• Like 2

I really like what I saw from Hamler at Penn, wondering if I should roster before he blows up. Which is a better hold, Hamler or trequan smith?

3 hours ago, Kdpatronis15 said:

I really like what I saw from Hamler at Penn, wondering if I should roster before he blows up. Which is a better hold, Hamler or trequan smith?

Tre'Quon is moreso short term. Hamler, while the excitement is now because Sutton is out and Jeudy is questionable, may be more long-term/rest of season if he shows well. I cut Smith for Hamler.

Edited by Twenty-Four Eighty-Four
  • Like 1

DFS community jumping on Hamler as cheap value right now also. My Flex options

Marvin Jones Jr. @ Arizona

Michael Pittman Jr.  vs. Jets

KJ Hamler vs. TB

Eff it, I'm starting Hamler in my main Flex spot. Good luck gentlemen.

• Like 1

Starting him today due to depleted roster. Loved watching him catch bomb after bomb at Penn State. 

KJ Hamler caught 3-of-5 targets for 30 yards in Week 3 against the Bucs.

The Broncos got Hamler involved early, giving him a designed run that went for negative yards. He was held back by Jeff Driskel, who was benched in the fourth quarter. Hamler finished fourth behind Noah Fant (10), Jerry Jeudy (8), and Melvin Gordon (6) in targets. Hamler's upside is capped by the Broncos' quarterback situation, but his role is trending up.

Sep 27, 2020, 7:47 PM ET

I never thought Driskel would be a problem for the Broncos O; he's been in this situation before last year and though he wasn't great, he was able to lead competitive drives and do ok in garbage time. He looked terrible in this game...

At least the snap share was there.

Jared Smola

⁦‪@SmolaDS⁩

#Broncos Week 3 WR snap rates:

K.J. Hamler - 92%
Tim Patrick - 84%
Jerry Jeudy - 73%
DaeSean Hamilton - 19%

9/28/20, 6:49 AM

Hamler didn't play as well as he did against Pittsburgh. He dropped an easy one and wasn't always open. I still say he's better than Jeudy though.

Even when Hamler got seperation, Driskel was in no position to get him the ball. This quarterback did not help anybody on the offense, except maybe the running backs. He played scared - unwilling to let deeper routes to develop, dumping off at any hint of pressure. I thought he did well against the Steelers in nearly leading a comeback; but this game was just bad. I don't know if Rypien is better but it wouldn't take much. At least Rypien will hang in the pocket trying to push the ball downfield. His interception on the last drive resulted from forcing the ball to Jeudy in the endzone on 4th and 1. Terrible outcome for the Broncos, but it's what you want to see as a Jeudy or Hamler owner.

But then there's Bortles. This is just a mess.

Edited by cloppbeast
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Hamler didn't play as well as he did against Pittsburgh. He dropped an easy one and wasn't always open. I still say he's better than Jeudy though.

Driskel did not help anybody on this offense, except maybe the running backs. He played scared - unwilling to let deeper routes to develop, dumping off at any hint of pressure. I thought he did well against the Steelers in nearly leading a comeback; but this game was just bad. I don't know if Rypien is better but it wouldn't take much. At least Rypien will hang in the pocket trying to push the ball downfield. His interception on the last drive resulted from forcing the ball to Jeudy in the endzone on 4th and 1. Terrible outcome for the Broncos, but it's what you want to see as a Jeudy or Hamler owner.

But then there's Bortles. This is just a mess.

Thanks for the added color.  Much appreciated.  :thumbup:

I guess we will get a QB announcement today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Thanks for the added color.  Much appreciated.  :thumbup:

I guess we will get a QB announcement today.

Good timing.   This situation is a good reminder that talent at WR is still tied to QB play.   I felt Jeudy would be a good WR this season and as a PSU fan, I knew Hamler has speed and skill.   If the QB is really awful, that negates WR talent quickly.   

I kinda want to play K.J. Hamler tonight against a moribund Jets secondary. Rypien is going to be the QB and K.J. is the type of guy who only needs one big play to play off in the Flex spot If a certain burnabe Jets CB is on him he's going to the house and my options aren't great.

1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

I kinda want to play K.J. Hamler tonight against a moribund Jets secondary. Rypien is going to be the QB and K.J. is the type of guy who only needs one big play to play off in the Flex spot If a certain burnabe Jets CB is on him he's going to the house and my options aren't great.

That's a bold strategy Cotton let's see if it pays off.... 

2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

That's a bold strategy Cotton let's see if it pays off.... 

Narrator: It didn't. 

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

KJ Hamler was forced from the Broncos' Week 4 game against the Jets with a hamstring injury and will not return. 

It's very bad news for a rookie who missed most of training camp and Week 1 with a hamstring issue. It also leaves the Broncos perilously thin at wideout in Courtland Sutton's (ACL) absence. Speedster Hamler had yet to draw an official target before going down in New Jersey. 

- Rotoworld

Really unfortunate that he got hurt, was in for a good workload in a game that became a shootout.

Edited by The Frankman

KJ Hamler (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 5 against the Patriots.

The early rule out is a bad sign for Hamler, who missed most of training camp and Week 1 with the same injury. The Broncos will also likely be without Noah Fant (ankle) this week. Jerry Jeudy and Tim Patrick should lead the Broncos in targets in what projects as a pass heavy game.

SOURCE: DNVR Sports

Oct 7, 2020, 5:11 PM ET

KJ Hamler (hamstring) was removed from the Week 7 injury report.

Hamler has been out since a Week 3 setback with his hamstring. His return is good news for an offense that's also getting back Melvin Gordon and TE Noah Fant.  Hamler's snaps may be limited coming off injury, but there should be targets for him in what projects as a pass heavy gamescript against the Chiefs.

Oct 24, 2020, 10:17 AM ET