What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things that hardly ever happen in real life, but happen all the time in movies (1 Viewer)

bigbottom

Footballguy
Title says it all. List the things that hardly ever happen in real life, but happen ALL THE TIME in movies. I’ll start.

- Lone guy with regular job takes on band of violent criminals who either invade his home town or threaten his family in some way. (I watched both Braven and Blood Father on Netflix this weekend.)

- Martial arts tournament where contestants fight to the death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Title says it all. List the things that hardly ever happen in real life, but happen ALL THE TIME in movies. I’ll start.

- Lone guy with regular job takes on band of violent criminals who either invade his home town or threaten his family in some way. (I watched both Braven and Blood Father on Netflix this weekend.)

- Martial arts tournament where contestants fight to the death.
Lots of cars having high speed chases through malls or places of business. 

Jumping out of planes without a parachute & surviving - Keanu Reeves in Point Break, Arnold in Eraser. Or how about Pierce Bronson driving a motorcycle off a cliff to jump into a plane about to crash. Free jumping is a lot easier than I thought apparently.

My unsatisfied neighbor asking me to fix <insert anything here> and then preceding to take complete advantage of me.

Guys enlisting, or getting drafted, into the military and just getting their hair trimmed instead of shaved off. 

Nobody ever being concerned about the mess after sex, just falling asleep, is a good one. Gross. 

I really respected an episode of the Sopranos that had a woman go and wipe herself off mid-conversation. Gritty and real. 

Fat stoner guys get dates because 10s learn to appreciate them for their maximum untapped potential. Basically Seth Rogen gets dates with supermodels.
Along the same lines, the group of jocks, cheerleaders, and rich kids that somehow have that one socially awkward, ugly nerd friend that they hang out with for reasons that are never explained.

1. A lawyer asking a blatantly objectionable , borderline unethical and sanctionable question, then merely saying “withdrawn” and giving a shoulder shrug upon objection. Maybe this is more tv. 

2. Workaholic dads with ample time to cheat on their wives.  

3. Similar to two above, workaholic middle aged men who clearly don’t have time to work out remaining in great shape. 

Users who are viewing this thread