What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Hurl Bruce

Footballguy
I'm in a 10 team, 2QB keeper league where we keep 3.  We can keep these guys indefinitely if we wanted.

I have a lot to choose from.

1. Michael Thomas
  2. Deandre Hopkins
  3. Julio Jones
  4. Tyreke Hill
  5. Lamar Jackson
  6. Kyler Murray
  7. Derrick Henry
I am pretty set on Thomas and Hopkins, but don't know who to choose as my third.  Who would you keep?

We start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2W/R/T.  PPR, 6 PT QB TDs

@Sigmund Bloom

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there are any penalties (salary cap, round lost, etc) for keeping a player?  If not, being that it is a 2 QB league I would probably keep Jackson & Murray for sure and then Thomas/Hopkins/Hill (whichever you like best).

I would also be trying to trade as much as I could.  You are stacked and am sure all of these are better keepers than some teams have.

Are there are any penalties (salary cap, round lost, etc) for keeping a player?  If not, being that it is a 2 QB league I would probably keep Jackson & Murray for sure and then Thomas/Hopkins/Hill (whichever you like best).

I would also be trying to trade as much as I could.  You are stacked and am sure all of these are better keepers than some teams have.
There are no penalties.  We actually progressively increase to 6 then back down to 3 keepers (3-4-5-6-5-4-3), changing each year.  Not sure why, but that's how it is.

I will definitely try to dangle my extras for value.

There are no penalties.  We actually progressively increase to 6 then back down to 3 keepers (3-4-5-6-5-4-3), changing each year.  Not sure why, but that's how it is.

I will definitely try to dangle my extras for value.
that explains why you have such a stacked team.  I assume last year you kept 4 etc.....

that explains why you have such a stacked team.  I assume last year you kept 4 etc.....
I actually kept Thomas, Hopkins, Lev Bell, and Watson last year.  Drafted or traded for the others.  My QBs in a 2QB league were Watson, LJax and Murray, LOL.

Thomas, Jackson... and it was a close 3rd as initially I said Hopkins... but after a bit of thinking and research, Murray would be my 3rd, better value than Hopkins.

Another vote for Jackson, Murray and Thomas.  You have the top WR and 2 top 5 QBs.  Hard to win in start 2QB leagues with mediocre QBs.

Can you trade the others for the right to swap picks (say Hopkins + 5th round pick for a 4th round pick)?

Another vote for Jackson, Murray and Thomas.  You have the top WR and 2 top 5 QBs.  Hard to win in start 2QB leagues with mediocre QBs.

Can you trade the others for the right to swap picks (say Hopkins + 5th round pick for a 4th round pick)?
I can make any creative trades that we can think of.

I asked Jake Ciely over at The Athletic, and he said Thomas, Jackson, and Hopkins...and only Hop because it was a 10 teamer

Does the fact that LJax and Murray have the same bye impact the decision at all? @Gally

I asked Jake Ciely over at The Athletic, and he said Thomas, Jackson, and Hopkins...and only Hop because it was a 10 teamer

Does the fact that LJax and Murray have the same bye impact the decision at all? @Gally
Not for me.  I don't worry about bye weeks when drafting/freezing players.  It's only one week.  I would prefer to have all my players have the same bye week.  Then I am only affected once instead of spreading it out over 6 weeks.  Now the fact it is at a position like QB it hurts a little more but I wouldn't sacrifice that advantage over one bad bye week. 

Not for me.  I don't worry about bye weeks when drafting/freezing players.  It's only one week.  I would prefer to have all my players have the same bye week.  Then I am only affected once instead of spreading it out over 6 weeks.  Now the fact it is at a position like QB it hurts a little more but I wouldn't sacrifice that advantage over one bad bye week. 
Agree 100%

For me, I like Jackson, Murray, and Hill.  I know most like Thomas.  I just like the security with Hill having Mahomes.  Hopkins is on a new team, and that is always a question mark.  Thomas has Brees, but for how much longer?  Most will say those two guys will dominate no matter who is throwing to them, but I am a fan of Hill's game.  Let me make sure I emphasize this, I like his "game", not his character.

Hurl Bruce said:

I wouldn't fault you for keeping Hopkins since it is a 10 teamer....but I still would keep Murray, since you can keep him indefinitely.

And no, I wouldn't care if Jackson and Murray have the same bye.  So you lose that week.  Big deal.

For me, I like Jackson, Murray, and Hill.  I know most like Thomas.  I just like the security with Hill having Mahomes.  Hopkins is on a new team, and that is always a question mark.  Thomas has Brees, but for how much longer?  Most will say those two guys will dominate no matter who is throwing to them, but I am a fan of Hill's game.  Let me make sure I emphasize this, I like his "game", not his character.
If it were a nonPPR league, I could get on board with that.  But in PPR, you have to keep the huge advantage Thomas has over Hill, even if Brees only plays two more years.  And you're right, Thomas will be a stud no matter who is throwing him the ball.  Thomas did break Harrison's reception record with Teddy throwing the ball to him for some games.

I have been interested with the conversation on this thread since my first posting, and it's great conversation.  Not that it matters too much, but do you know your draft position?  and I will assume a snake style.  Can you project how teams will keep which players?  I have "switched" my thoughts to Thomas, Jackson and Murray with Hopkins a very close 4th.  And I agree with Fightingillini, I would not keep Hill as I have him 5th and Thomas' target numbers are definitely a difference maker.

Users who are viewing this thread