What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

35.06 Genesis Live, Genesis (1973)

December 11, 1972. A bunch of buds visit down on me, probably for some dough, i don't remember. Maybe they were repaying the last four times they'd bummed me by inviting me to a concert when one of their party bailed. Five in a beatup bubble Volvo, a massive pot spill en route (not a pot smoker me, so this was all terribly boring), we arrive at the auditorium of Brandeis University late enough to miss the opening act. I got half a contact/social buzz, spooky music plays and out comes this guy with an inverted mohawk (racing stripe shaved up the middle of his head) and he's dancing around as a daisy, a pharaoh, a bat & an old man pushing a lawnmower for some reason. I dont get much of it, but it's original and the music has great build so, i guess, OK. And that was the American debut of Genesis and my introduction to my favorite musical artist of all time, Peter Gabriel. This is basically that show.

Watcher of the Skies

Musical Box

Britpop? Jangle pop? Power pop? Depends on the song.

35.09 - The La's - The La's (1990)

1.    "Son of a Gun"    1:55
2.    "I Can't Sleep"    2:37
3.    "Timeless Melody"    3:01
4.    "Liberty Ship"    2:31
5.    "There She Goes"    2:42
6.    "Doledrum"    2:50
7.    "Feelin'"    1:45
8.    "Way Out"    2:32
9.    "I.O.U."    2:13
10.    "Freedom Song"    2:23
11.    "Failure"    2:54
12.    "Looking Glass"    7:51

34.38: Van Halen - Fair Warning (1981)

With all due respect to the debut, this is the Van Halen fan's Van Halen album.

Sinner's Swing

Unchained

35.03: Zebra - Zebra (1983)

Another band that got accused of being too Zeppelin-ese, but they had a nice sound for a short stay and I think still holds up. Have always had a huge following in Long Island and New Orleans. 

Tell Me What You Want

Who's Behind The Door

35.20 or 21 Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

(1986)

Totally forgot about this one or I would have taken this roooooooounds ago. Definitely over Glass Animals. I remember hearing a lot of this as a kid riding around with my parents, and my special lady friend loves his music. no idea how i forgot about this one. The rhythm section is so good and tight I had to look up who was on the album credits. Turns out Winwood did almost all of it. Excellent album that has fallen too far here so i'm gonna snatch it up.

If this is playing loud enough that rescue boats can hear Chaka's backing vocal on Higher Love I might just wave them on. 

songs:

Higher Love

Finer Things

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooooooh this sounds up my alley - both the movie and the soundtrack. Cats used as narrative devices always work for me.

PS. The kitty's called freakin' Gris-gris? That expression again? :lmao:

*checks*

"A gris-gris is used in voodoo as an amulet or talisman that supposedly brings good luck or keeps bad luck away."

#themoreyouknow
It's a hard movie to find, but worth it in my memory. Wonder if it holds up.

@krista4 would like if she hasn't seen already

ETA.. @simey too, at least for her love of cats. And fwiw, not just a cat or chick movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to another post-30 double dip for an album that should have gone long ago. This is stacked with so many classics and was a backdrop to my early high school years. Yo Mama selects:

35.19 - U2 - War (1983)

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

2 - Seconds

3 - New Year’s Day

4 - Like a Song ...

5 - Drowning Man

6 - The Refugee

7 - Two Hearts Beat as One

8 - Red Light

9 - Surrender

10 - 40

35.20 or 21 Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life

(1986)

Totally forgot about this one or I would have taken this roooooooounds ago. Definitely over Glass Animals. I remember hearing a lot of this as a kid riding around with my parents, and my special lady friend loves his music. no idea how i forgot about this one. The rhythm section is so good and tight I had to look up who was on the album credits. Turns out Winwood did almost all of it. Excellent album that has fallen too far here so i'm gonna snatch it up.

If this is playing loud enough that rescue boats can hear Chaka's backing vocal on Higher Love I might just wave them on. 

songs:

Higher Love

Finer Things
Besides Traffic's Low Spark, this was the other time Winwood seemed to be on every turntable in the land. Mega value

Users who are viewing this thread