What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (2 Viewers)

Yeah double albums are fine... I don’t even know what to think of my post. I just don’t think someone should draft a Beethoven’s symphonies collection. No box sets? 
I guess we police ourselves. Concertos, sonatas, etc in bunches seems okay and rare and not snipey. I would love Karajan's Beethoven Symphonies cycle, but the 9th and 5th are there and that seems like an overreach even for someone who prefers the 7th.

Mr krista aka Oliver Humanzee would like to join.  He’s been in several past drafts.  If we’re too full, I’ll cede my spot to him as his choices and write-ups would be much more interesting than mine.

Mr krista aka Oliver Humanzee would like to join.  He’s been in several past drafts.  If we’re too full, I’ll cede my spot to him as his choices and write-ups would be much more interesting than mine.
Peanut gallery allows it.

I'll donate $50 to someone's favorite charity if they pick the album I'm thinking of right now.

ETA: It's like an FBG draft dunking booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should be limited to single disc releases and once a particular piece is taken, it can’t be taken again. Only one version of Beethoven’s 9th.
If there are no limits on other album discs, I don't think there should be on classical. Woodstock, etc., are counted as one

Am I the only one who read that to say it would need to be picked in the course of the draft, not named now?

If there are no limits on other album discs, I don't think there should be on classical. Woodstock, etc., are counted as one
Single disc wasn't the right way to phrase it. There are just things like "All the Symphonies of Beethoven as Recorded by X Box Set" that get released. That seems unfair. It gets tricky with classical music which will be 25-50% of what I likely draft. 

ETA: But also who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened to Uncle Hummuna?

Man, I've taken most of my favorites once or multiple times in past drafts, but that ain't about to stop me here. Time's only served to get me to move away from VBD picks and latch on more to my preciouses.

Users who are viewing this thread